Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waghorn fee 09:22 - Jul 19 with 4221 viewsBluefish

What is he worth?

What do you think we will get?

What would you sell for?

1 million - This one is the least valid and could be any number. The other 2 are more important

4 million

7 million
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 9:23]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Waghorn fee on 09:51 - Jul 19 with 1229 viewschicoazul

Say we sell him for 6m, that will be 9.5m Hurst has to play with along with wages because, as everyone keeps telling me, Hurst will be allowed to spend what he earns.So I look forward to a raft of exciting, expensive new players arriving.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Waghorn fee on 09:54 - Jul 19 with 1212 viewsBluefish

Waghorn fee on 09:51 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

Say we sell him for 6m, that will be 9.5m Hurst has to play with along with wages because, as everyone keeps telling me, Hurst will be allowed to spend what he earns.So I look forward to a raft of exciting, expensive new players arriving.

Why would you want them to be expensive? Is that the skysportnews effect?

Waghorn fee on 09:56 - Jul 19 with 1202 viewsReuser_is_God

Waghorn fee on 09:45 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

Won't be quite so much panic as we can sign loan players until the end of August with a view to them being turned into permanent deals in January. I'm sure there'll be a lot of that going on at the Championship.

Yeah let’s just sell our best player for £7m & replace him with a loan.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Waghorn fee on 09:59 - Jul 19 with 1187 viewsportmanking

Waghorn fee on 09:56 - Jul 19 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah let’s just sell our best player for £7m & replace him with a loan.

If we have another Murphy situation and ME hasn't learnt his lesson, that will really crystalise the fact that we're never realistically going to challenge for the Prem again and I shall be well and truly oot.
Waghorn fee on 10:00 - Jul 19 with 1177 viewsBlue_Order

1.47M.
Waghorn fee on 10:04 - Jul 19 with 1155 viewshadleighboyblue

Waghorn fee on 09:37 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

I gather that £7m is indeed what they're targeting.

Anything less should be rejected .

We already have more than £4m income that has been promised to be invested in new players , but that hasn't happened yet .

Surely if we want Tilt , we should have got him in by now . He looks just the sort of player we need .

Letting Waghorn go would be suicide if we haven't already got someone lined up - we already need a striker and it looks like we might lose Garner - if he wants to move back up north , let him go , but keep hold of Waghorn .

Not sure loans are the best option as high wages soon swallow up funds . The new manager needs to build his own team , not players that are only here for a season .
Waghorn fee on 10:06 - Jul 19 with 1141 viewschicoazul

Waghorn fee on 09:54 - Jul 19 by Bluefish

Why would you want them to be expensive? Is that the skysportnews effect?

I don't *want* them to be anything.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Waghorn fee on 10:09 - Jul 19 with 1133 viewsBluefish

Waghorn fee on 10:06 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

I don't *want* them to be anything.

Hmm you said you look forward to. I realise though thatbyou post was tongue in cheek but it is odd that signings are considered good If they are expensive.

Login to get fewer ads

Waghorn fee on 10:13 - Jul 19 with 1124 viewschicoazul

Waghorn fee on 10:09 - Jul 19 by Bluefish

Hmm you said you look forward to. I realise though thatbyou post was tongue in cheek but it is odd that signings are considered good If they are expensive.

It's most unlike you to read things into posts that arent there I must say Fishers but you are partly right as my post was indeed, tongue in cheek. It would certainly be exciting if we spent say £2m on a centre forward though as we havent spent anything like that for about 7 years now. Whether they are *good* or not is neither here nor there in that sense.

i appreciate this may all be difficult to grasp.

///kiss

Waghorn fee on 10:14 - Jul 19 with 1117 viewsBluefish

Waghorn fee on 10:13 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

It's most unlike you to read things into posts that arent there I must say Fishers but you are partly right as my post was indeed, tongue in cheek. It would certainly be exciting if we spent say £2m on a centre forward though as we havent spent anything like that for about 7 years now. Whether they are *good* or not is neither here nor there in that sense.

i appreciate this may all be difficult to grasp.

///kiss

Stop reading into things that......

Waghorn fee on 10:15 - Jul 19 with 1113 viewsHennikerBlu

Waghorn fee on 09:45 - Jul 19 by PhilTWTD

Won't be quite so much panic as we can sign loan players until the end of August with a view to them being turned into permanent deals in January. I'm sure there'll be a lot of that going on at the Championship.

This I do worry about, when you look at the problems MM had replacing Murphy and the impact that had on his standing with the fans. Quality strikers are getting harder to come by (look up the rud), especially those that stay fit all season and basically have to do the fetching and carrying themselves.

He is an outstanding player in this division, may not have the flair, but hard work, effort and perseverance and his quality I would take everyday. I can only guess PH has someone in mind and a back up option, because I am not sure Sears is long for theses shores or Garner can do the loan role.

As to value, whilst I get the higher valuations, he has had one successful season in the Championship and that will be the measure I am probably thinking in the £7mil plus additions. For whoever gets him that is a bargain!
Waghorn fee on 10:20 - Jul 19 with 1103 viewschicoazul

Waghorn fee on 10:14 - Jul 19 by Bluefish

Stop reading into things that......

FWIW we should categorically not sell Waghorn. I think he has 2 years left on his deal and I highly doubt we could replace him with someone as good. But ultimately all bets are off as Hurst will want to make this "his" team as soon as possible and maybe he just doesnt fancy him or thinks he can use the money he gets to bring the overall level up.

As always it all depends on what Evans lets him do with the money and how good Evans is at bringing in the targets Hurst wants.

Waghorn fee on 10:25 - Jul 19 with 1088 viewsitfcjoe

Need a fee of at least £7m, but the reality is even at that price taking out your top scorer is hugely risky business as we struggle to get deals done, and will be losing a lot more than just his goals

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Waghorn fee on 10:26 - Jul 19 with 1076 viewsNazemariner

It's not how a market works i know, but if you compare him to other transfers in our division then a £10m valuation is not unreasonable. However, if we receive an offer of £7m then i suspect we will sell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024