Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... 09:34 - Jul 19 with 3048 viewsITFC_Forever

... so it's obviously possible that players who play in the first game of the season for their clubs might yet get transferred.

But it is still much earlier than usual. ME needs to ensure it doesn't creep up on us and leave us short as it has in the last couple of seasons (not enough CBs last season, not replacing Murph the season before).
I'm sure PH won't let that happen....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 09:36 - Jul 19 with 2682 viewsSteve_M

So, we can sell Waghorn the day after the Blackburn game and then not have time to get a replacement in?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 09:44 - Jul 19 with 2645 viewsITFC_Forever

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 09:36 - Jul 19 by Steve_M

So, we can sell Waghorn the day after the Blackburn game and then not have time to get a replacement in?

It closes 9th August.... so selling anyone after the first game leaves very little time time to sign a replacement.

The squad needs adding to, not reducing.

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 09:46 - Jul 19 with 2637 viewsSteve_M

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 09:44 - Jul 19 by ITFC_Forever

It closes 9th August.... so selling anyone after the first game leaves very little time time to sign a replacement.

The squad needs adding to, not reducing.

Quite, I'm bemused by the clamour from many fans to cash in on Waghorn given the state of the squad at the moment.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 09:48 - Jul 19 with 2620 viewsPinewoodblue

In reality the window closes on 31st August. EFL clubs can sign loan players up until that date and can also agree a transfer, to be completed when the January window opens.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 09:52 - Jul 19 with 2600 viewsBluefish

Is it possible karanka was there to see him so he was withdrawn at half time having done enough by all accounts? Be interesting to see if he is involved again, i can imagine Hurst liking the idea of building his own side with the money.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 09:54 - Jul 19 with 2574 viewsITFC_Forever

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 09:52 - Jul 19 by Bluefish

Is it possible karanka was there to see him so he was withdrawn at half time having done enough by all accounts? Be interesting to see if he is involved again, i can imagine Hurst liking the idea of building his own side with the money.

If it IS going to happen, then we need to do it now or not at all.

None of this letting it go to a few days before and ending up high and dry as we have allowed to happen to us too often in the past.

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:00 - Jul 19 with 2556 viewsBluefish

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 09:54 - Jul 19 by ITFC_Forever

None of this letting it go to a few days before and ending up high and dry as we have allowed to happen to us too often in the past.

Lots of championship transfer not happened yet. Vydra has been apparent def info for weeks. Been a very quiet summer presumably because of the world cup.........and 'arry being out of work

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:03 - Jul 19 with 2545 viewsBrianTablet

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 09:46 - Jul 19 by Steve_M

Quite, I'm bemused by the clamour from many fans to cash in on Waghorn given the state of the squad at the moment.

Exactly.

Fair enough if we would spend all that we received for him on a new replacement, but we clearly won't.

We'd be 'cashing in' on the remote chance that we can replace him for buttons, which is the ME system of financial management.

It's basically a 10:1 ratio of sell:buy with Mr Evans, at best.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Login to get fewer ads

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:05 - Jul 19 with 2539 viewsBluefish

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:03 - Jul 19 by BrianTablet

Exactly.

Fair enough if we would spend all that we received for him on a new replacement, but we clearly won't.

We'd be 'cashing in' on the remote chance that we can replace him for buttons, which is the ME system of financial management.

It's basically a 10:1 ratio of sell:buy with Mr Evans, at best.

He hasn't cashed in on Bart and he didn't on didz. All clubs have to sell sometimes. Real Madrid have just sold Ronaldo, Liverpool sold coutinho

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:15 - Jul 19 with 2512 viewstextbackup

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 09:54 - Jul 19 by ITFC_Forever

Wouldn’t be surprised to see us add 2/3 players (permanent deals) in the Xmas window, this season was always going to be a rebuilding process

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:17 - Jul 19 with 2501 viewsportmanking

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 09:52 - Jul 19 by Bluefish

What on earth makes you think he's going to get the money? It's not going to be any different under this regime, ME said so in his video interview!
The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:19 - Jul 19 with 2489 viewsBrianTablet

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:05 - Jul 19 by Bluefish

He hasn't cashed in on Bart and he didn't on didz. All clubs have to sell sometimes. Real Madrid have just sold Ronaldo, Liverpool sold coutinho

£3 million for the best keeper in the Championship?
That wouldn't have been cashing in.

Cashing in is when you sell Kieron Dyer and re-invest in McGreal, Reujser and Stewart, and build a successful team.

Not cashing in is selling Cresswell / Mings / Murphy, buying no-one and being sh*te.

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:20 - Jul 19 with 2483 viewsBluefish

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:17 - Jul 19 by portmanking

What on earth makes you think he's going to get the money? It's not going to be any different under this regime, ME said so in his video interview!

I don't expect him to get it all but half would be a good start, maybe a bit more. I appreciate that as a business we have to cover our costs

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:22 - Jul 19 with 2478 viewsitfcjoe

Was he actually there though? I'm not convinced

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:23 - Jul 19 with 2462 viewsBluefish

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:22 - Jul 19 by itfcjoe

Was he actually there though? I'm not convinced

A few reports so I assumed that was def info. People from Suffolk aren't always great at differentiating foreigners though

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:24 - Jul 19 with 2459 viewsportmanking

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:20 - Jul 19 by Bluefish

I don't expect him to get it all but half would be a good start, maybe a bit more. I appreciate that as a business we have to cover our costs

But Evans covers our costs to the extent of 6m a year... don't you understand that ME will view a transfer such as this an opportunity to have effectively a free year of ownership?
The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:24 - Jul 19 with 2456 viewschicoazul

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 09:46 - Jul 19 by Steve_M

It's completely bizarre and is based on some pipedream that Hurst will be able to spend all the money and that Evans will be any good at bringing in the players Hurst wants. I gave up trying to understand all this after people saw the Evans interview and heard him say "nothing will change" on the money front but still think things will change.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:26 - Jul 19 with 2441 viewsBluefish

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:24 - Jul 19 by portmanking

But Evans covers our costs to the extent of 6m a year... don't you understand that ME will view a transfer such as this an opportunity to have effectively a free year of ownership?

Why shouldn't he? It isn't free because he already bought us, he is not leasing us. Does it state that he has to always prop us up by that amount forever?

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:27 - Jul 19 with 2433 viewsBluefish

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:24 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

It's completely bizarre and is based on some pipedream that Hurst will be able to spend all the money and that Evans will be any good at bringing in the players Hurst wants. I gave up trying to understand all this after people saw the Evans interview and heard him say "nothing will change" on the money front but still think things will change.

I'm not sure that anyone wants to sell him but it is about being realistic. His value will go down and we need the money. The pot has to be filled somehow

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:31 - Jul 19 with 2397 viewsportmanking

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:26 - Jul 19 by Bluefish

Why shouldn't he? It isn't free because he already bought us, he is not leasing us. Does it state that he has to always prop us up by that amount forever?

Football ownership costs money, believe it or not. There's only so many seasons that you can milk a silk purse...
The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:31 - Jul 19 with 2394 viewschicoazul

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:27 - Jul 19 by Bluefish

I'm not sure that anyone wants to sell him but it is about being realistic. His value will go down and we need the money. The pot has to be filled somehow

If Waghorn has another good season this year his value wont go down. If his goals got us into the Premier League any decline in his value would be worth it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:33 - Jul 19 with 2382 viewsBluefish

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:31 - Jul 19 by portmanking

Football ownership costs money, believe it or not. There's only so many seasons that you can milk a silk purse...

I have no idea what you are talking about

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:35 - Jul 19 with 2375 viewsBluefish

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:31 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

If Waghorn has another good season this year his value wont go down. If his goals got us into the Premier League any decline in his value would be worth it.

If he has a bad season or an injured one it could be Dozzell on the way out. The point was it might be seen by PH that a strong up and coming side might be preferential to a superstar player doing everything. I don't want to sell waggy I am trying to be realistic

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:35 - Jul 19 with 2375 viewsBrianTablet

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:24 - Jul 19 by portmanking

But Evans must have a long-term goal. Surely either:

1. Promotion and a return on his investment, then we need our best players.
2. Not worried about the performance, just trying - and failing - to balance a tight budget, then why not sell up and cut your losses?
3. The money isn't real money (i.e taxable assets, etc), then play the fantasy (foreign-owner) football game and splash the virtual cash.

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:36 - Jul 19 with 2372 viewsportmanking

The Transfer Window actually closes after the Blackburn game.... on 10:33 - Jul 19 by Bluefish

I have no idea what you are talking about

You asked why Evans must subsidise the club? I replied by saying that he's the owner of a Championship football club that's, allegedly, trying to get back into the richest league in world football.

The game has got too rich for ME. If we have to continue to try and polish journeymen and hidden gems to simply keep the club running and tread water in this division, what on earth is the point?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024