Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we sell Waghorn... 10:07 - Jul 19 with 1119 viewsWestcountryblue

If we sell Waghorn, it needs to be this week and for no less than 9m.
In terms of an all round contributor, there are few better than Waghorn in this division and we should value him accordingly. 6-7m would be way below the current market value for a striker of his worth and for PH to replace him, it would take time and cost millions.

Bart is the best keeper in this division, it’s only a matter of time before Dozzer becomes the standout midfielder and Waghorn is arguably the most valuable striker in terms of his all round game. Incredibly strong spine developing down the centre of our team. We need to keep these guys and add the likes of Tilt and PH’s other targets.
If we sell Waghorn... on 10:34 - Jul 19 with 1060 viewsSuperfrans

Totally agree. And, as we get closer to the deadline, the valuation has to increase. As every day’s passes, the cost of a replacement will inevitably rise. We certainly can’t find ourselves in a position where we lose such a key player without the time or money to replace him.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

If we sell Waghorn... on 10:41 - Jul 19 with 1032 viewsWestcountryblue

If we sell Waghorn... on 10:34 - Jul 19 by Superfrans

Totally agree. And, as we get closer to the deadline, the valuation has to increase. As every day’s passes, the cost of a replacement will inevitably rise. We certainly can’t find ourselves in a position where we lose such a key player without the time or money to replace him.

Agreed, the last thing we want is another Murphy situation, where we end up limping through to the next transfer window to bring in a replacement,

I think need a further 2-3 quality players, which should be feasible given the movement out the club both in terms of fees and wages. But with Bart and Jonas returning from WC duty and Huws, Adeyemi, Bishop and Rowe to all return, I think we are looking good this season and selling Waghorn would jeopardise any chances of being play off outsiders. It would be great if we can really push through Nydam, Downes, Drinan, Crowe and Morris to become weekly fixtures in our match day squad.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 10:42]
If we sell Waghorn... on 11:00 - Jul 19 with 975 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I agree in the main, but also think that his age is a consideration. He is 29 in a few months, I think £7-8m would be about fair.

I would much rather we keep him, but theres no guarantees he will repeat last seasons level of performance.

If we can get in a good replacement who is a few years younger then that would make good sense. However, that will probably need to be a gamble on someone without that Championship track record.

The key is lining up a replacement BEFORE he leaves.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If we sell Waghorn... on 11:05 - Jul 19 with 965 viewscrazyblue68

If we sell Waghorn... on 11:00 - Jul 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

I agree in the main, but also think that his age is a consideration. He is 29 in a few months, I think £7-8m would be about fair.

I would much rather we keep him, but theres no guarantees he will repeat last seasons level of performance.

If we can get in a good replacement who is a few years younger then that would make good sense. However, that will probably need to be a gamble on someone without that Championship track record.

We only have 3 weeks and the transfer window shut, with the new rules set in place. The club needs to move fast, lose Waghorn and we need at least 2 strikers in. We badly need central defenders, 2 again, and a winger. I cannot see the club getting this business done in that time, We are going to fall well short, and could be in a real mess this season.
If we sell Waghorn... on 11:07 - Jul 19 with 962 viewsWestcountryblue

If we sell Waghorn... on 11:00 - Jul 19 by Marshalls_Mullet

A gamble on a player without a good track record at this level could result in us struggling down towards the bottom of the table.

It’s a question of how much is Waghorn worth to us ? I’d argue that, providing PH can bring 2-3 more good players, he could help us compete in and around the play offs,
If we sell Waghorn... on 11:09 - Jul 19 with 958 viewsWestcountryblue

If we sell Waghorn... on 11:05 - Jul 19 by crazyblue68

We only have 3 weeks and the transfer window shut, with the new rules set in place. The club needs to move fast, lose Waghorn and we need at least 2 strikers in. We badly need central defenders, 2 again, and a winger. I cannot see the club getting this business done in that time, We are going to fall well short, and could be in a real mess this season.

Evans has been quick to sell and release players...however, he really owes it to PH and the new management team to bring in targets quickly over the next couple of weeks. The success of PH and our season hinges on it !
If we sell Waghorn... on 11:09 - Jul 19 with 954 viewscrazyblue68

If we sell Waghorn... on 11:07 - Jul 19 by Westcountryblue

A gamble on a player without a good track record at this level could result in us struggling down towards the bottom of the table.

It’s a question of how much is Waghorn worth to us ? I’d argue that, providing PH can bring 2-3 more good players, he could help us compete in and around the play offs,

You can see him getting 3 players in can you ? I cant lm afraid. Time is very tight this year for transfers, and we are running out of it.
If we sell Waghorn... on 11:11 - Jul 19 with 948 viewscrazyblue68

If we sell Waghorn... on 11:09 - Jul 19 by Westcountryblue

Evans has been quick to sell and release players...however, he really owes it to PH and the new management team to bring in targets quickly over the next couple of weeks. The success of PH and our season hinges on it !

I agree, but l just dont think it will happen. We need 3-4 players, 2 central defenders at the least, a striker and winger. I really think we could be in real trouble.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024