Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what do we still need, signings-wise? 10:39 - Jul 19 with 5814 viewsSomethingBlue

Been away for a while and still catching up slowly. My sense is that we are two centre-backs, a forward who can play across the line (perhaps like the lad from Accrington), and a central striker light. That's the minimum we need in the next few weeks, depending also on the ongoing injury situation in central midfield. Sound about right?

Either way it is hard to expect a settled start to the season. I make Blackburn favourites on the opening day as we stand and it is going to be very important indeed that people are patient.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 10:40 - Jul 19 with 4037 viewsKieran_Knows

2 centre backs, right back and could be up to 3 strikers (we need 1 regardless if we keep who we've got, but could still lose Garner and Waghorn).

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 10:42 - Jul 19 with 4020 viewsDanFord

I would say a decent left sided centre half, preferably Tilt, to start along side Chambers. Another experienced centre back who can be considered as cover. An out and out right winger, assuming Gwion is nailed on for the left and Roberts is likely an option from the bench, a decent, reliable central midfielder who can attack on the basis that Dozzell, Adeyemi, Huws and Bishop are all injury concerns and an out and out striker that works in Hurst's system, assuming that he won't play Waggy there. Think he may see him as the one who plays off the striker of the midfield central three. So that's really at least 3 more starters.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 10:46 - Jul 19 with 3998 viewsBluefish

You are ' arry Redknapp and I claim my 5 pounds

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 10:46 - Jul 19 with 4000 viewschicoazul

As things stand we probably only need a centre half. As things stand.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 10:47 - Jul 19 with 3990 viewsBluefish

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 10:46 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

The correct answer.

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 10:47 - Jul 19 with 3985 viewsrickw

For me 1 CB will do (we have Chambers, Chalobah, Woolfenden + Knudsen and Spence can play there if needed)
1 striker, preferably someone big and quick
1 winger, we now have Ward, Roberts and Edwards but more competition for them is needed.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 10:47 - Jul 19 with 3984 viewsSomethingBlue

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 10:46 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

If you're talking purely in terms of numbers then maybe, although I'd argue we need another wide man regardless and that two CBs are needed for proper depth.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 10:52 - Jul 19 with 3947 viewsBluefish

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 10:47 - Jul 19 by SomethingBlue

If you're talking purely in terms of numbers then maybe, although I'd argue we need another wide man regardless and that two CBs are needed for proper depth.

How many would that make in each position?

Defenders

Spence
Emmanuel
Chambers
Chalobah
Knudsen
Kenlock

Smith
Wolfenden
Cotter

Wide midfield

Ward
Edwards
Rowe
Roberts

Cover from nydam and Sears

Mcloughlin
Mckendry

We might need to ship some out before we sign more. I still say we need 1 centre half as it stands and that is it

Login to get fewer ads

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 10:54 - Jul 19 with 3944 viewsWestcountryblue

- A strong and physical CB (we never replaced Berra...)
- A strong target man who can finish (in the Murphy role)
- A goal scoring right winger who can also play as an inside forward

.....spend well in these areas and we can make the play offs

Internal quick fixes

- A fully fit Huws, Bishop, Adeyemi and Rowe
- Fast track Dylan Crowe in the RB role
- Send Drinan and Morris out on loan to January and bring them back with more experience in January
So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 10:57 - Jul 19 with 3926 viewschicoazul

If we got A.N. Other in at CB we would have Other, Chambers, Woolf, Smith, Chalobah, Knudsen, Spence to play there. Skuse could probably do it too in a Claus Thomsen stylee (and this may be his best position now as he looks a bit slow these days). We just signed Edwards so I think we are pretty well stocked out wide too.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 11:11 - Jul 19 with 3881 viewsTIB

Another first choice CB to play alongside Chambo.
A forward thinking central midfielder who hasn’t been plagued by injury.
A wideman who will run at defenders.
A big physical striker.

* I’d like to see a new RB brought in too so Spence can act as a squad player and let Emmanuel or Cotter go out on loan.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 11:24 - Jul 19 with 3843 viewschristiand

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 10:42 - Jul 19 by DanFord

I would say a decent left sided centre half, preferably Tilt, to start along side Chambers. Another experienced centre back who can be considered as cover. An out and out right winger, assuming Gwion is nailed on for the left and Roberts is likely an option from the bench, a decent, reliable central midfielder who can attack on the basis that Dozzell, Adeyemi, Huws and Bishop are all injury concerns and an out and out striker that works in Hurst's system, assuming that he won't play Waggy there. Think he may see him as the one who plays off the striker of the midfield central three. So that's really at least 3 more starters.

My view is very similar to yours Dan. I think add another striker to that list too, especially if Waghorn is off! I'm wondering if Ward has a good pre season, whether he can force himself into that 3 behind the striker, if he could add more consistency to his game he'd be a very welcome addition.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 11:55 - Jul 19 with 3788 viewsKeaneish

3 players for me to strengthen the spine of the team.

- Strong experienced centre back with a bit of pace
- Quality box to box midfielder
- Striker with pace

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 12:00 - Jul 19 with 3765 viewsIpswichKnight

I'd agree with that, I'd also argue that we need another striker regardless of whether Waghorn stays or not.
So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 12:22 - Jul 19 with 3727 viewsitfcjoe

2 centre halves, hopefully a one-in one-out upgrade at full back, another wideman and another striker.

Plus, I really feel we are still a body short in midfield with Huws, Dozzell, Bishop and Adeyemi all coming back from long term injury.

And a 3rd choice keeper

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 12:32 - Jul 19 with 3674 viewsHerbivore

Assuming no further departures I reckon a CB, winger and striker. We've only got Chalobah and Chambers as starting CBs and I have a suspicion that Chalobah might be seen more as a holding midfielder rather than a starting CB. Need another senior CB but I'm then happy with Spence, Knudsen, Woolfenden and Smith as cover. If we bloat the squad with experienced cover then the kids will never get any game time.

Out wide, Edwards looks a good signing. Roberts is probably more a squad player and Ward doesn't convince me as an out and out winger. Someone else in the Edwards mould would be ideal.

One more striker should do, it gives us Waghorn, Garner, Sears and any new addition as senior strikers and then Folami and possibly Drinan and Morris too as additional cover.

I don't think we're that far off, it's just adding quality in key areas. In terms of likely starters I think it's really only a CB and a winger still to come.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 12:38 - Jul 19 with 3662 viewsjas0999

PH has already stated we need two CBS and a striker. That of course if before the news Waghorn May go. So that’s two strikers.

I still think we need to replace some of the players leaving last year: McGoldrick and Connelly.

We also need a right back.
So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 12:47 - Jul 19 with 3636 viewstextbackup

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 10:47 - Jul 19 by rickw

For me 1 CB will do (we have Chambers, Chalobah, Woolfenden + Knudsen and Spence can play there if needed)
1 striker, preferably someone big and quick
1 winger, we now have Ward, Roberts and Edwards but more competition for them is needed.

I really wish people would stop including Spence in anything remotely football related

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 12:49 - Jul 19 with 3622 viewsHerbivore

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 12:47 - Jul 19 by textbackup

I really wish people would stop including Spence in anything remotely football related

Why?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 12:50 - Jul 19 with 3620 viewsportmanking

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 12:47 - Jul 19 by textbackup

Really? Why is that?
So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 12:54 - Jul 19 with 3601 viewsCaptainObvious

About 5 or 6 players realistically, but with the promise of the Webster money being spent and the normal budget being £1.5m that's another £4.3m to spend on players so plenty of action expected.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 13:04 - Jul 19 with 3566 viewsDubtractor

At least one cb. Probably a right back. Unless our injury prone midfielders can stay fit then one of those. Another wide player. I'd gladly lose Garner and get an alternative striker too.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 13:06 - Jul 19 with 3558 viewsKeaneish

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 12:54 - Jul 19 by CaptainObvious

About 5 or 6 players realistically, but with the promise of the Webster money being spent and the normal budget being £1.5m that's another £4.3m to spend on players so plenty of action expected.

Think we got 1M for the youth player whose name i've forgotten who's gone to Man City too.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 13:06 - Jul 19 with 3555 viewsFrimleyBlue

For me, we have a good side for league 1, couple of experienced players, surrounded by kids and lower level players who may or may not cope with the championship.

We need a championship experienced CB and a CM for me

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 13:19 - Jul 19 with 3523 viewsCaptainObvious

So what do we still need, signings-wise? on 13:06 - Jul 19 by Keaneish

Think we got 1M for the youth player whose name i've forgotten who's gone to Man City too.

And 400k from FIFA, but we'll cross those bridges when we come to them. I don't believe we are going to spend any more that would without the Webster sale.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024