Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes 13:04 - Jul 19 with 6655 viewsFrimleyBlue

But, I have to be honest, none of our business or current links fill me with confidence at the moment

We lose Wags, the best we can hope to see is another from league 1,

we need cbs, coming from league 1

wingers, league 1

Are we going to get anyone who has experience in the championship?

I wouldn't expect anywhere near a top 10 finish, but at the moment, i'm genuinely concerned without some quality added to an already quality lacking side, will we actually have enough to compete at this level.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 14:26 - Jul 19 with 1311 viewsPhilTWTD

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 14:23 - Jul 19 by agentp

OOOPS PHIL!!!!

https://wwww.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31775/town-confirm-garner-signing

Guilty as charged Phil. No hobnobs for a week.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 14:36]

I beat you to it by five minutes!

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes by PhilTWTD 19 Jul 2018 14:18
Just had a look back and the £1m came from the Daily Mail on Waghorn when the news first broke: https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/32003/rangers-striker-waghorn-set-to-join-blues

Looking back at Garner, it was initially reported as £500,000 then £1 million - and I actually didn't qualify it at the time the deal was done, although I ought to have done - but Mick said subsequently the pair of them cost around a million.

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 14:30 - Jul 19 with 1289 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 14:26 - Jul 19 by TractorCam

Because Wolves released him as they had got relegated. What free agents are there about at the moment that you would like us to sign? Genuine question as I have no idea who's currently unattached

Honestly, no idea.

But this summer, there hasn't been 1 link to anyone from this level, It's just my opinion that i'd like to see 1 or 2 come in that have been playing at this level.

Waka waka eh eh

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 14:31 - Jul 19 with 1280 viewsitfcjoe

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 14:30 - Jul 19 by FrimleyBlue

Honestly, no idea.

But this summer, there hasn't been 1 link to anyone from this level, It's just my opinion that i'd like to see 1 or 2 come in that have been playing at this level.

There has been a few - Wildschut, Mackay etc

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 14:31 - Jul 19 with 1277 viewsTheBlueBarca

Careful, you'll upset the everything is great at ITFC safe-space with differing views on the clubs situation, Brexit, the Labour Party and other subjects that will see you reported to the admin over.

Jokes aside, we're in a tough spot. I don't think the new manager is being adequately backed by the owner and I think we're in for a tough season. We've already lost a center half, we don't have enough cover with just a loanee being brought in. Bart could still be sold for the right offer, Waghorn gone weeks before the season starts and we'll probably end up with a Leon Best style replacement knowing the owner. We were awful against Braintree, and only managed to beat Crawley 1-0. The mid-table teams in this league are now outspending us by tens of millions, we simply cannot compete at this level anymore as things stand.

If we're honest, and it's been coming a few years now, we're a League One club in waiting. We cannot hold onto good players because the owners focus is reducing cost at the expense of results on the pitch.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 14:33 - Jul 19 with 1270 viewschicoazul

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 14:24 - Jul 19 by DanFord

Maybe chicoazul will apologise after claiming nobody was upset with the Waghorn signing when within 3 comments of that link we have 'underwhelming' and 'terrible player'.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I can only imagine how difficult you must find life.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 14:35 - Jul 19 with 1263 viewsDanFord

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 14:33 - Jul 19 by chicoazul

I can only imagine how difficult you must find life.

LOL

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 14:58 - Jul 19 with 1239 viewsGeoffSentence

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:36 - Jul 19 by Herbivore

I thought people wanted us to sign lower league talent? Now we're doing it people want experienced Championship players. You couldn't make it up.

Funny thing about this forum isn't it, lots of different people with lots of different opinions.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 15:07 - Jul 19 with 1224 viewsHerbivore

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 14:58 - Jul 19 by GeoffSentence

Funny thing about this forum isn't it, lots of different people with lots of different opinions.

People seem to change their opinions purely to be contrary at times though. Lots of people wanted a young manager who knew the lower leagues and could bring in players from that level to step up, now some of the same people are getting twitchy about that very strategy being implemented.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 15:09 - Jul 19 with 1217 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 15:07 - Jul 19 by Herbivore

People seem to change their opinions purely to be contrary at times though. Lots of people wanted a young manager who knew the lower leagues and could bring in players from that level to step up, now some of the same people are getting twitchy about that very strategy being implemented.

erm, I wasn't one of those thanks

Waka waka eh eh

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 18:04 - Jul 19 with 1153 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 13:09 - Jul 19 by DanFord

Last year we signed two players for less than half a million combined that were not wanted by Rangers. The exact same flouncing was largely apparent. They were involved in 40 goals between them.

I dont remember very much flouncing whatsoever on those signings. Generally there was a lot of positivity about them. Particularly Waghorn. It also quite quickly became apparent we hadnt paid much which went down well in terms of the signings. The only minor flounces were that we were not paying much for signings but no big problems with those two players.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 18:32 - Jul 19 with 1134 viewsDanFord

Ok, so i expect a lot of downvotes on 18:04 - Jul 19 by Terry_Nutkins

I dont remember very much flouncing whatsoever on those signings. Generally there was a lot of positivity about them. Particularly Waghorn. It also quite quickly became apparent we hadnt paid much which went down well in terms of the signings. The only minor flounces were that we were not paying much for signings but no big problems with those two players.

Earlier in this thread is a link to waghorn being signed and people moaning.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024