Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy 14:44 - Jul 19 with 10049 viewsArcher4721

he's adopting at the moment? Selling our best players and all these league one,two and conference players he's signed and looking to sign to replace them is pretty worrying.

Does he have the nous to sniff out such transfer deals as Waghorn and Garner like our previous manager?

Looking at the current situation I'm not so sure....
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:51 - Jul 19 with 2420 viewsButterbing

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:49 - Jul 19 by BlueBadger

A load of made-up guff that you're not actually going to share but are merely going to hint at so as to look 'in the know'?

If only you knew what I know about him. Then you would understand.
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:52 - Jul 19 with 2416 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:49 - Jul 19 by BlueBadger

A load of made-up guff that you're not actually going to share but are merely going to hint at so as to look 'in the know'?

He's the unthinking man's 12th_Man.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:52 - Jul 19 with 2412 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:29 - Jul 19 by itfcjoe

Webster, McGoldrick, Celina, Carayol, Gleeson, Connolly, Hyam, Iorfa, Carter-Vickers and Bru all gone

So far replaced by:
Emmanuel, Rowe, Downes, Roberts, Edwards and Chalobah

Whilst I didn't rate all of the players in first list (and don't in second list) you only have to look at the bench against Crawley on Weds to see where we are currently and that is a long way short.

Bit of a stretch to suggest that some of those are experienced Championship players...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:56 - Jul 19 with 2393 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:51 - Jul 19 by Butterbing

Well, I understand the weekly AIDS tests and the pressure on him from his rabbi to attend synagogue regularly are weighing on him hard, I expect...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:59 - Jul 19 with 2379 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:51 - Jul 19 by Butterbing

Getting boring now. Several regular posters are claiming to have/have had info they can't/couldn't post.

Did Archer expect us all to read his mind when he started this thread which doesn't make sense unless you have access tot he secret info?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:00 - Jul 19 with 2376 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:56 - Jul 19 by Archer4721

Oh come on now. As a renowned journalist you surely know the score.

That, as a journo, he's well versed in the art of making stuff up and can therefore spot it a mile off?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:01 - Jul 19 with 2359 viewscrazyblue68

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:46 - Jul 19 by ITFC_Forever

One of Hurst's most attractive traits to all the experts on here was that he knows L1 and L2 and where all the good signings are to be had.

Now he's doing that, it's not good enough?

He isnt though is he ? The Posh guy maybe ok, but an 18 year old loanee isnt going to cut it all season, and the freebie winger from Crawley isnt up to it apparently. He even got took off the other day and Sears played there because he just doesnt do it.
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:02 - Jul 19 with 2348 viewsKieran_Knows

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:01 - Jul 19 by crazyblue68

He isnt though is he ? The Posh guy maybe ok, but an 18 year old loanee isnt going to cut it all season, and the freebie winger from Crawley isnt up to it apparently. He even got took off the other day and Sears played there because he just doesnt do it.

So we're already writing off Roberts after 2 friendlies?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:02 - Jul 19 with 2349 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:52 - Jul 19 by BlueBadger

Bit of a stretch to suggest that some of those are experienced Championship players...

All but 2 have played over 50 games in this league - and they average over 100 appearances in this league between them.

The replacements (so far) have 34 appearances at this level between them (Emmanuel 19, Downes 10 and Rowe 5) - which is less than all those players have individually bar Carter-Vickers who also has 34

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:03 - Jul 19 with 2346 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:01 - Jul 19 by crazyblue68

A player got 'took of'f in a pre season friendly where the new manager was assessing his options? Bloody hell, this is serious.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:06 - Jul 19 with 2322 viewscrazyblue68

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:02 - Jul 19 by Kieran_Knows

So we're already writing off Roberts after 2 friendlies?

He doesnt beat his man, he hasnt the pace people thought he had, he gets beaten by his opposite number every time. He is non league at best, he isnt doing it apparently.
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:07 - Jul 19 with 2310 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:06 - Jul 19 by crazyblue68

He doesnt beat his man, he hasnt the pace people thought he had, he gets beaten by his opposite number every time. He is non league at best, he isnt doing it apparently.

My face can't take all this palming. It used to be an award winning face. Now it looks like a squashed bin bag full of food waste.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:09 - Jul 19 with 2300 viewscrazyblue68

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:07 - Jul 19 by SpruceMoose

My face can't take all this palming. It used to be an award winning face. Now it looks like a squashed bin bag full of food waste.

l feel for you, can l get you some help ?!
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:10 - Jul 19 with 2295 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:09 - Jul 19 by crazyblue68

l feel for you, can l get you some help ?!

Can you persuade Brad Pitt to donate his face to me?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:13 - Jul 19 with 2281 viewslukey130490

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:06 - Jul 19 by crazyblue68

This is a top draw melt down, August hasnt even begun yet. Well done this man.
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:13 - Jul 19 with 2283 viewspablosturn

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 14:54 - Jul 19 by itfcjoe

It's a bit of a concern to lose a hell of a lot of Championship experience and not bring any in.

When you look at some of the signings our rivals are making it really does show we are now one of the smallest clubs in this league in reality.

Anyone knocking Mick's transfer record is silly in my view, we just have to hope that if what Hurst does re transfers has a ceiling then he hasn't risen above it.

Jesus you really cant say MM was that great, yes some gems but also some of the worst players I have witnessed in 30 years of watching ITFC.
Bajner
Bru
Best
Digby
Douglas
Oar
Malarczyk
laursen Toure

List is endless.

I applaud what Hurst is trying to do and was always going to have to sell a few players to allow recruitment of players that can play within in his system and style. Give him 2 or 3 years not 2 months and then judge.
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:15 - Jul 19 with 2274 viewsSpruceMoose

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:13 - Jul 19 by pablosturn

Jesus you really cant say MM was that great, yes some gems but also some of the worst players I have witnessed in 30 years of watching ITFC.
Bajner
Bru
Best
Digby
Douglas
Oar
Malarczyk
laursen Toure

List is endless.

I applaud what Hurst is trying to do and was always going to have to sell a few players to allow recruitment of players that can play within in his system and style. Give him 2 or 3 years not 2 months and then judge.

Don't be daft. The JR/Magilton era alone had numerous duffers no better than any on that list.

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:16 - Jul 19 with 2269 viewsDanFord

Well thank f*** you're on the case. I was fooled into thinking that Roberts, who was hugely impressive in League Two, and who didn't sign a new contract because of the interest from Championship and League One clubs, might be half decent. but you've determined his true level is actually lower than the level he performed so well at last year that higher level clubs were interested. But let's ignore last season. Only as good as your last game and that was a poor performance in a friendly. He's clearly lost whatever he had.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:16 - Jul 19 with 2269 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:13 - Jul 19 by pablosturn

Bajner
Bru
Best
Digby
Douglas
Oar
Malarczyk
laursen Toure

List is endless.

He clearly did a very good job shopping in the bargain basement, clear there would be some flops but they are massively outweighed by the good signings that either played well for us, saw their value rocket, or both

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:18 - Jul 19 with 2250 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:16 - Jul 19 by DanFord

Well thank f*** you're on the case. I was fooled into thinking that Roberts, who was hugely impressive in League Two, and who didn't sign a new contract because of the interest from Championship and League One clubs, might be half decent. but you've determined his true level is actually lower than the level he performed so well at last year that higher level clubs were interested. But let's ignore last season. Only as good as your last game and that was a poor performance in a friendly. He's clearly lost whatever he had.

Was he hugely impressive in L2? He started 25 games and was a used sub in 10 for a side that finished 14th.

I think he is here just as squad depth in reality - if he couldn't hold down a starting position for Crawley then he is unlikely to here.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 16:19]

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:20 - Jul 19 with 2242 viewscrazyblue68

Bajner
Bru
Best
Digby
Douglas
Oar
Malarczyk
laursen Toure

List is endless.

We havent got 2 or 3 years, we have 3 weeks. Then the transfer window shuts, and with this squad we need at least 3-4 players minimum. Its not going to happen. We really will struggle. 2 or 3 years, we will be playing Braintree town every year if we wait that long.
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:22 - Jul 19 with 2232 viewsDanFord

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:18 - Jul 19 by itfcjoe

Was he hugely impressive in L2? He started 25 games and was a used sub in 10 for a side that finished 14th.

I think he is here just as squad depth in reality - if he couldn't hold down a starting position for Crawley then he is unlikely to here.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 16:19]

He played 35 games and scored 6 goals from the wing. He set up countless others. Crawley were terrible at the start of the season when he was not involved much and then around Christmas and the second half of the season they had a really good run (11 wins in 15 after being rubbish), where he started most games and was integral to their success. So I'd say so. He probably is squad depth. But that's fine. He cost nothing.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 16:25]

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:24 - Jul 19 with 2228 viewscrazyblue68

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:22 - Jul 19 by DanFord

He played 35 games and scored 6 goals from the wing. He set up countless others. Crawley were terrible at the start of the season when he was not involved much and then around Christmas and the second half of the season they had a really good run (11 wins in 15 after being rubbish), where he started most games and was integral to their success. So I'd say so. He probably is squad depth. But that's fine. He cost nothing.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 16:25]

Success ? Finishing 14th ? You clearly have been brain washed into thinking mid table is the place to be after watching Town these recent years.
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:24 - Jul 19 with 2227 viewsSomethingBlue

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:00 - Jul 19 by BlueBadger

That, as a journo, he's well versed in the art of making stuff up and can therefore spot it a mile off?

Ahem.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:25 - Jul 19 with 2220 viewschicoazul

Great work as always Facey.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024