Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy 14:44 - Jul 19 with 10070 viewsArcher4721

he's adopting at the moment? Selling our best players and all these league one,two and conference players he's signed and looking to sign to replace them is pretty worrying.

Does he have the nous to sniff out such transfer deals as Waghorn and Garner like our previous manager?

Looking at the current situation I'm not so sure....
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:26 - Jul 19 with 2327 viewsDanFord

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:24 - Jul 19 by crazyblue68

Success ? Finishing 14th ? You clearly have been brain washed into thinking mid table is the place to be after watching Town these recent years.

You realise we've signed a player that was at Crawley right and not the Crawley team mate? McAuley was relegated with Leicester so not good enough for the Championship. Pickford must be rubbish too. Relegated with Sunderland.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:27 - Jul 19 with 2328 viewsVic

I don't like the reports that we might possibly sell the likes of Webster, Waghorn and Garner to championship rivals and replace them with players from Blackpool, Accrington Stanley, Shrewsbury! They surely cannot be as good as the players we had at our disposal last season.

If that happens then it really shows how small a club we have become, and even the talk and gossip of it makes me sad.

BUT - it hasn't happened yet, so I can't worry too much. And who's to say that Hurst won;t build a decent team? ME did say Hursts appointment would be a calculated gamble!

Uneasy? Yes! Concerned? A bit. But hoping it won;t happen and if it does Hurst comes up smelling of roses!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

No, because I'm not over-analysing every little thing that happens on 16:28 - Jul 19 with 2328 viewsDyland

and I don't have the worry room for things that may happen but there is no way of predicting either way.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:30 - Jul 19 with 2314 viewsVic

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:52 - Jul 19 by BlueBadger

Bit of a stretch to suggest that some of those are experienced Championship players...

which ones aren't Badger?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:31 - Jul 19 with 2315 viewsDanFord

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:27 - Jul 19 by Vic

I don't like the reports that we might possibly sell the likes of Webster, Waghorn and Garner to championship rivals and replace them with players from Blackpool, Accrington Stanley, Shrewsbury! They surely cannot be as good as the players we had at our disposal last season.

If that happens then it really shows how small a club we have become, and even the talk and gossip of it makes me sad.

BUT - it hasn't happened yet, so I can't worry too much. And who's to say that Hurst won;t build a decent team? ME did say Hursts appointment would be a calculated gamble!

Uneasy? Yes! Concerned? A bit. But hoping it won;t happen and if it does Hurst comes up smelling of roses!

In recent times we have bought a goalkeeper from Notts County, full backs from Tranmere Rovers and Chippenham, a striker from Chester City, another that Forest didn't want who'd been on loan at Coventry City. Remind me how they all turned out.

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:31 - Jul 19 with 2311 viewscrazyblue68

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:26 - Jul 19 by DanFord

You realise we've signed a player that was at Crawley right and not the Crawley team mate? McAuley was relegated with Leicester so not good enough for the Championship. Pickford must be rubbish too. Relegated with Sunderland.

McAuley was too old for the premiership 2 seasons ago. Pickford had shone all along, a bit like Bart. Roberts didnt shine, he played only half their games, coming on as a sub another 10 times, he never held a first team place down for many games in a row as a starter, but suddenly he can cut it for us in the championship ?..dont think so mate ?
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:33 - Jul 19 with 2302 viewsDanFord

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:31 - Jul 19 by crazyblue68

McAuley was too old for the premiership 2 seasons ago. Pickford had shone all along, a bit like Bart. Roberts didnt shine, he played only half their games, coming on as a sub another 10 times, he never held a first team place down for many games in a row as a starter, but suddenly he can cut it for us in the championship ?..dont think so mate ?

I was referring to us signing McAuley after he'd gone down from this division in a team that leaked goals. He was a great player in a rubbish team. Explain how Roberts started 25 games and was sub 10 times without many games in a row as starter. You suggesting he went all season playing 2 or 3 games before being dropped and then immediately regained his place over 10 different occasions? If not then he clearly had a run at starter!

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:37 - Jul 19 with 2292 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:22 - Jul 19 by DanFord

He played 35 games and scored 6 goals from the wing. He set up countless others. Crawley were terrible at the start of the season when he was not involved much and then around Christmas and the second half of the season they had a really good run (11 wins in 15 after being rubbish), where he started most games and was integral to their success. So I'd say so. He probably is squad depth. But that's fine. He cost nothing.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 16:25]

He really wasn't if you look at the stats

He seemed to be a regular until 19th January when they were bang average, he then missed 4 games which they won all 4 off and then started 3 of the last 15 games of the season and came on as sub in 9 of them.

Overall he had 6 assists for the season.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:41 - Jul 19 with 2273 viewsDanFord

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:37 - Jul 19 by itfcjoe

He really wasn't if you look at the stats

He seemed to be a regular until 19th January when they were bang average, he then missed 4 games which they won all 4 off and then started 3 of the last 15 games of the season and came on as sub in 9 of them.

Overall he had 6 assists for the season.

So he was a regular then when they won 11 of their 15 games? You seem to have missed that instead focusing on the 4 games they won when he missed out. Hmmm. 7 goals and 6 assists then from 35 games. Put it into context. Jon Walters in 2006-07 played 26 games for Chester scoring 9 and creating 2. 11 goals involved in 25 games to Roberts 13 in 35 games. A bit better but not hugely. So he could be a very decent player. I think I'll trust Hurst over you thanks.

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:41 - Jul 19 with 2275 viewsVic

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:31 - Jul 19 by DanFord

In recent times we have bought a goalkeeper from Notts County, full backs from Tranmere Rovers and Chippenham, a striker from Chester City, another that Forest didn't want who'd been on loan at Coventry City. Remind me how they all turned out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking players from lower leagues. But I agree with Joe - you can't strip a team of the likes Celina, Webster, Carter Vickers, Smith, Iofa, and possibly Waghorn and replace them with replacements from league 1 & 2 and think it will be better!

If we lose Waghorn the team will (on paper) be considerably weaker than last season. Would you not agree?
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 16:43]

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:44 - Jul 19 with 2262 viewsitfcjoe

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:41 - Jul 19 by DanFord

So he was a regular then when they won 11 of their 15 games? You seem to have missed that instead focusing on the 4 games they won when he missed out. Hmmm. 7 goals and 6 assists then from 35 games. Put it into context. Jon Walters in 2006-07 played 26 games for Chester scoring 9 and creating 2. 11 goals involved in 25 games to Roberts 13 in 35 games. A bit better but not hugely. So he could be a very decent player. I think I'll trust Hurst over you thanks.

No he wasn't a regular - when they won 10 out of 14 in the league he started just 4 of the wins and all 4 of the defeats.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:45 - Jul 19 with 2258 viewsDanFord

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:41 - Jul 19 by Vic

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking players from lower leagues. But I agree with Joe - you can't strip a team of the likes Celina, Webster, Carter Vickers, Smith, Iofa, and possibly Waghorn and replace them with replacements from league 1 & 2 and think it will be better!

If we lose Waghorn the team will (on paper) be considerably weaker than last season. Would you not agree?

It was always going to look weaker at this stage to some degree. We've lost some players out of contract and other loans have expired. We have not brought in anywhere near the numbers we are likely to and perhaps Hurst had targets in mind on frees or in the low six figures and getting £4.5m for Webster and Knight has suddenly meant he can look at £1m players instead, which may explain the lack of activity to a degree. Celina, Carter-Vickers and Iorfa were all loans and we can get them in after the window closes can't we? We appear weaker but I'll only be concerned about that if it's the same in a fortnights time.

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:46 - Jul 19 with 2253 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:41 - Jul 19 by DanFord

My opinion on it is that, in general, signings from Shrewsbury, Accrington, Blackpool, Peterborough and Crawley will not prove to be better than our team that finishes 12th in the Championship last season.

Though it’s harsh to include Edwards there as he’s definitely Championship level in reality whereas the other four are gambles should we sign them as rumoured

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 17:10 - Jul 19 with 2218 viewsVic

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:46 - Jul 19 by The_Romford_Blue

My opinion on it is that, in general, signings from Shrewsbury, Accrington, Blackpool, Peterborough and Crawley will not prove to be better than our team that finishes 12th in the Championship last season.

Though it’s harsh to include Edwards there as he’s definitely Championship level in reality whereas the other four are gambles should we sign them as rumoured

That's the point I'm trying to make Rommers.

I'm not having a pop on Hurst - no need to at all yet, there's a long way to go so we have no idea what the squad will look like. I'm just looking at the current trend and suggesting that if we only sign from leagues below us we won't be better than we were last year.

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 17:14 - Jul 19 with 2211 viewsmeekreech

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:31 - Jul 19 by DanFord

They were all picked up by managers who had been around a reasonable amount of time and who were better experienced in spotting usable talent ! Judging by the players currently being linked, looking at their records, there is a growing concern that the new management team do not have the same abilities and are looking to make changes simply for the sake of it!

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 17:18 - Jul 19 with 2201 viewsDanFord

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 17:14 - Jul 19 by meekreech

They were all picked up by managers who had been around a reasonable amount of time and who were better experienced in spotting usable talent ! Judging by the players currently being linked, looking at their records, there is a growing concern that the new management team do not have the same abilities and are looking to make changes simply for the sake of it!

You mean the management team that has been successful everywhere it has gone and took relegation favourites Shrewsbury to being a game away from our division by spotting lower league talent from League Two and the Conference? HAHAHA

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 17:20 - Jul 19 with 2196 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 17:10 - Jul 19 by Vic

That's the point I'm trying to make Rommers.

I'm not having a pop on Hurst - no need to at all yet, there's a long way to go so we have no idea what the squad will look like. I'm just looking at the current trend and suggesting that if we only sign from leagues below us we won't be better than we were last year.

I know it is. I agree with you and Joe 100% here

If we sell Waggy, no doubt it’ll be another lower league punt brought in. It’s a risky game to play. We hope these signings are gems to take us up but if they aren’t, we have a core squad of league 1 players and risk relegation.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 17:20 - Jul 19 with 2196 viewsVic

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 17:14 - Jul 19 by meekreech

"... there is a growing concern that the new management team do not have the same abilities and are looking to make changes simply for the sake of it."

Evidence please!

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 17:26 - Jul 19 with 2185 viewsGarv

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:41 - Jul 19 by Vic

CCV and Waghorn (still here) were the only outstanding players on that list.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 17:35 - Jul 19 with 2159 viewsVic

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 17:26 - Jul 19 by Garv

CCV and Waghorn (still here) were the only outstanding players on that list.

I don;t think we'll sell Waghorn, unless it's for a big fee, of which I would expect a fair chunk to be reinvested in a quality replacement. I've no problem with selling to invest back in making the squad stronger. We're very much in Hurst's hands at the moment, so I hope he knows what he's doing!

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 18:40 - Jul 19 with 2110 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 15:49 - Jul 19 by BlueBadger

A load of made-up guff that you're not actually going to share but are merely going to hint at so as to look 'in the know'?

if he's any older than 11 he should be ashamed of himself.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 18:55 - Jul 19 with 2092 viewsSwansea_Blue

Already lost some senior pros over the last 6 months.
Replacing with unproven players (at this level).
Lots of backroom changes.
A deficient squad who’ve played hoofball for 5 years being askec to try something new
A new manager unproven at this level.
Hints that we’ll be selling our main attacking threat.

Anyond who isn’t worried is either stoned or soft in the head. It’s all about trust now. We have to trust that PH knows what he’s doing and can step up. There’s no empirical or statistical evidence to ‘prove’ we’ll be alright. Now is the time for fantasists like religious types and brexiteers who are happy to put faith in a vision with no evidence.

Ang of us scientific types are in for a testing time. Buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 19:06 - Jul 19 with 2084 viewsfloridaboy

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:27 - Jul 19 by Vic

You are certainly on the ball. Webster went to Bristol City a few weeks ago.

Personally wouldn't be fussed if Garner left either!
Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 19:18 - Jul 19 with 2059 viewshype313

Bit early for a blub.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 21:56 - Jul 19 with 1979 viewsslump

Anyone else a bit worried with the new manager's apparent strategy on 16:06 - Jul 19 by crazyblue68

He doesnt beat his man, he hasnt the pace people thought he had, he gets beaten by his opposite number every time. He is non league at best, he isnt doing it apparently.

Knob ...

That's all I can muster. Sorry.

UTT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024