Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina will be playing against us next season apparently 20:35 - Jul 19 with 3448 viewsMullet

£4m seems very cheap too in fairness.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 20:37 - Jul 19 with 3369 viewswkj

Hmmm, Celina had moments, but he was never the player for us Lawrence was - Although it seems Lawrence wasn't as good for Derby last season as he was for us before (although still a good player)
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 20:38]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 20:38 - Jul 19 with 3358 viewsKeno

the the buy back option that is almost a glorified loan

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 20:42 - Jul 19 with 3306 viewsKeno

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 20:37 - Jul 19 by wkj

Hmmm, Celina had moments, but he was never the player for us Lawrence was - Although it seems Lawrence wasn't as good for Derby last season as he was for us before (although still a good player)
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 20:38]

so if I understand you correctly

we had Lawrence who was good but he went to derby and then wasnt so good.Then we had Celina who wasnt so good apart from some of the time when he was good but he wasnt as a good Lawrence was although, having been good, he then wasnt so good

Do either of them have a cat?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 20:43 - Jul 19 with 3283 viewswkj

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 20:42 - Jul 19 by Keno

so if I understand you correctly

we had Lawrence who was good but he went to derby and then wasnt so good.Then we had Celina who wasnt so good apart from some of the time when he was good but he wasnt as a good Lawrence was although, having been good, he then wasnt so good

Do either of them have a cat?

Well done, you saw through my wicked web of a balancing act

Crybaby

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 20:55 - Jul 19 with 3108 viewsjas0999

Can’t really say he was great for us. Leeds at home the stand out goal, otherwise fairly average.
Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 20:56 - Jul 19 with 3090 viewswkj

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 20:55 - Jul 19 by jas0999

Can’t really say he was great for us. Leeds at home the stand out goal, otherwise fairly average.

So by your standards he much have really impressed you

Crybaby

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 22:25 - Jul 19 with 2591 viewsHerbivore

£4m seems about right. He was very, very hit and miss with us and didn't really seem to improve especially during his spell here. He has potential but the jury is out.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 23:09 - Jul 19 with 2399 viewsArnieM

Honestly not bothered by Celina bring an opponent one little bit. Bournemouth’s Fraser was a far better player IMO!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 07:15 - Jul 20 with 2177 viewsMullet

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 22:25 - Jul 19 by Herbivore

£4m seems about right. He was very, very hit and miss with us and didn't really seem to improve especially during his spell here. He has potential but the jury is out.

I'd say by today's standards he's worth a lot more to be honest. But yes, there's every chance he may plateau. I actually think he did improve because he was so lacking in areas Mick is (in)famous for.

I'm very surprised he's stayed in England and the Championship to be fair.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 08:00 - Jul 20 with 2056 viewschristiand

Celina sold for £4m? If that's the case, £10m isn't too much to ask for Waghorn IMO.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 08:09 - Jul 20 with 2037 viewsitfcjoe

Think that is a good deal for all parties

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 08:41 - Jul 20 with 1973 viewsHerbivore

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 07:15 - Jul 20 by Mullet

I'd say by today's standards he's worth a lot more to be honest. But yes, there's every chance he may plateau. I actually think he did improve because he was so lacking in areas Mick is (in)famous for.

I'm very surprised he's stayed in England and the Championship to be fair.

I'd say the money is about right even in today's inflated market. He couldn't nail down a starting place in a mid table Championship side that was struggling for width and creativity last season and that tells you a bit about how effective he currently is. On what we saw last season £4m is high to be honest, but you're paying that extra for potential and the hope that he comes good and can produce consistently and not just in brief patches in a handful of games. I agree that it's a surprise to see him back in this league, for me he couldn't cope with the pace of it very well.

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 08:43 - Jul 20 with 1964 viewsitfcjoe

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 08:41 - Jul 20 by Herbivore

I'd say the money is about right even in today's inflated market. He couldn't nail down a starting place in a mid table Championship side that was struggling for width and creativity last season and that tells you a bit about how effective he currently is. On what we saw last season £4m is high to be honest, but you're paying that extra for potential and the hope that he comes good and can produce consistently and not just in brief patches in a handful of games. I agree that it's a surprise to see him back in this league, for me he couldn't cope with the pace of it very well.

It is difficult for a player like that in a side that isn't set up to keep possession though.

I think he'll be a better player for his year with regards to off the ball stuff, but needs a manager who is looking to get him on the ball more and without fear of losing it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 08:59 - Jul 20 with 1901 viewschristiand

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 08:43 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

It is difficult for a player like that in a side that isn't set up to keep possession though.

I think he'll be a better player for his year with regards to off the ball stuff, but needs a manager who is looking to get him on the ball more and without fear of losing it

Very true. I still think £4m is high for a player that still has a lot of questions that need answering and much to prove. We had glimpses of his ability last season, but enough to justify that price tag? I'm not sure. You look at the loans of Lawrence and Fraser and those two were far superior to Celina, but still played in Ipswich sides with limited possession.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 09:03 - Jul 20 with 1881 viewsm14_blue

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 23:09 - Jul 19 by ArnieM

Honestly not bothered by Celina bring an opponent one little bit. Bournemouth’s Fraser was a far better player IMO!

Fraser was absolutely superb.

His injury was where it all started to go wrong.
Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 09:55 - Jul 20 with 1781 viewsHerbivore

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 08:43 - Jul 20 by itfcjoe

I think that's a bit too simplistic. He wasn't actually very good in possession, his passing was poor and he'd frequently give it away. His positional sense wasn't great either, he was often in the wrong place when we were looking to counter and the game just seemed to pass him by at times. Be interesting to see how he does, I'm just not sure he's cut out for this league.

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 10:07 - Jul 20 with 1741 viewsSwansea_Blue

Celina will be playing against us next season apparently on 20:55 - Jul 19 by jas0999

Maybe that was more a reflection of how we played than him personally? It'll be interesting to see how he gets on down here with a manager that likes to play a bit, much like Hurst seems to.

£4m seems a bit steep though. There paying for that early promise and big club development experience: otherwise known as the Lee Martin Effect.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024