Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea signing Celina for £4 million (n/t) 23:26 - Jul 19 with 1470 viewsMaySixth

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Swansea signing Celina for £4 million (n/t) on 23:31 - Jul 19 with 1456 viewsMrTown

Think £4 million is a good price, if not slightly undervalued in today’s market, would expect at least 6-7m

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Swansea signing Celina for £4 million (n/t) on 23:38 - Jul 19 with 1433 viewsmos

Had we been given the opportunity to sign Celina for £4m, I’d be pretty content if we were to not sign him.

He was a good player but his good bits came in patches and for many games it was as if he was a ghost. A typical sort of loan signing from a big club I guess, talented individual but hasn’t got the game time under his belt to be consistent or know what to do in all the circumstances.

Therefore, given our budget he’d never work with us. We’re best off trying our luck with lower league players who are either up and coming or someone whom our manager would trust to come good in the end.

Presuming Swansea have the money, he could be a decent signing for them, if he makes the team, and if he gets plenty of game time. But I’m not sure if his attitude was ever quite there; often on Twitter he’d hint at being frustrated at McCarthy for not giving him game time or something or other, it’s just not really something you share with the whole world...
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 23:39]

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Swansea signing Celina for £4 million (n/t) on 00:16 - Jul 20 with 1299 viewsGuthrum

Swansea signing Celina for £4 million (n/t) on 23:38 - Jul 19 by mos

Had we been given the opportunity to sign Celina for £4m, I’d be pretty content if we were to not sign him.

He was a good player but his good bits came in patches and for many games it was as if he was a ghost. A typical sort of loan signing from a big club I guess, talented individual but hasn’t got the game time under his belt to be consistent or know what to do in all the circumstances.

Therefore, given our budget he’d never work with us. We’re best off trying our luck with lower league players who are either up and coming or someone whom our manager would trust to come good in the end.

Presuming Swansea have the money, he could be a decent signing for them, if he makes the team, and if he gets plenty of game time. But I’m not sure if his attitude was ever quite there; often on Twitter he’d hint at being frustrated at McCarthy for not giving him game time or something or other, it’s just not really something you share with the whole world...
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 23:39]

Swansea have parachute money, so a not overly risky punt for them.

I agree, wouldn't want us to spend that much on Celina. He was alright, occasionally brilliant (usually off the bench), but nowhere near consistent enough.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Swansea signing Celina for £4 million (n/t) on 00:49 - Jul 20 with 1239 viewsmos

Swansea signing Celina for £4 million (n/t) on 00:16 - Jul 20 by Guthrum

Swansea have parachute money, so a not overly risky punt for them.

I agree, wouldn't want us to spend that much on Celina. He was alright, occasionally brilliant (usually off the bench), but nowhere near consistent enough.

Yeah that’s right, we definitely don’t have the money for players like himself. He sort of half proved himself last season, and since Swansea have those parachute payments, like you said, they can afford to spend £4m on a player who could become fantastic for them in the long run. However we simply couldn’t do that, we’re best off sticking to those cheaper L1 and L2 prospects, where chances are they’ll be an improvement to the team, and if not then the loss is minimal.

Though through the Mick-era, it did seem that we employed quite a heavy-duty trial and error scheme with free transfers, and in fairness to the man it has built the majority of our current team to this day. Though that can only take you so far.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Swansea signing Celina for £4 million (n/t) on 08:03 - Jul 20 with 943 viewschristiand

Swansea signing Celina for £4 million (n/t) on 23:31 - Jul 19 by MrTown

Think £4 million is a good price, if not slightly undervalued in today’s market, would expect at least 6-7m

Think that's quite an inflated fee for a player that flatters to deceive. I'd be quite underwhelmed if we signed him for £4m personally. A good player on his day, but we didn't see enough of those last season when given the opportunity by MM.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024