Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... 10:31 - Jul 20 with 5183 viewsKieran_Knows

.... as Waghorn's replacements.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tom-bradshaw-ellis-harriso

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 10:34 - Jul 20 with 3295 viewsTractorCam

Was at Southend v Bristol Rovers on the final day of the season, Harrison was the clear stand out player that day!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 10:41 - Jul 20 with 3191 viewscvillageblue

(nearly) Interesting fact if we sign Bradshaw we will have 2 ex Aberystwyth players in the squad!!

Blog: Was It Worth It?

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 10:49 - Jul 20 with 3094 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Would be very happy with Bradshaw — he’s exactly the sort of player we should be going for. Mick had an interest too incidentally.
Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 10:49 - Jul 20 with 3088 viewsStokieBlue

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 10:41 - Jul 20 by cvillageblue

(nearly) Interesting fact if we sign Bradshaw we will have 2 ex Aberystwyth players in the squad!!

From what I remember they were good books:

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 10:52 - Jul 20 with 3057 viewsJimmy86

Guess we have to trust Hurst knows what he's doing, but I can't fathom why we would think about selling him. If we do sell him it has to be 8-10 million straight off
Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:00 - Jul 20 with 2953 viewsSWGF

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 10:52 - Jul 20 by Jimmy86

Guess we have to trust Hurst knows what he's doing, but I can't fathom why we would think about selling him. If we do sell him it has to be 8-10 million straight off

It's "selling Dyer to buy Wright, McGreal, Croft (and then Stewart)" again. Any large input of cash, IF INVESTED, allows the squad (as a whole) to get better, in theory.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:02 - Jul 20 with 2926 viewshype313

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:00 - Jul 20 by SWGF

It's "selling Dyer to buy Wright, McGreal, Croft (and then Stewart)" again. Any large input of cash, IF INVESTED, allows the squad (as a whole) to get better, in theory.

That great when we knew Sheepy would spend the funds on players, however I fear it will just go to the ongoing running club costs and we will fill the void with a loan.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:05 - Jul 20 with 2881 viewsHerbivore

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:00 - Jul 20 by SWGF

Problem is we're essentially selling Marcus Stewart, not Kieron Dyer. The equivalent would be more like us selling Dozzer for £20m after a blinder of a season and us being the club buying Waghorn from a rival for £7m. The football landscape has changed massively.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2018 11:10]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:08 - Jul 20 with 2844 viewsSWGF

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:02 - Jul 20 by hype313

That great when we knew Sheepy would spend the funds on players, however I fear it will just go to the ongoing running club costs and we will fill the void with a loan.

Hence my caveat

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:12 - Jul 20 with 2757 viewshype313

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:08 - Jul 20 by SWGF

Hence my caveat

Yep, not sure how I missed that!

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:13 - Jul 20 with 2739 viewsJakeITFC

Would take that for sure, but I don’t imagine Bradshaw would come cheaply.
Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:15 - Jul 20 with 2720 viewsKieran_Knows

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:13 - Jul 20 by JakeITFC

Think Millwall had been trying to sign him for £800k, with Barnsley looking at over £1m for him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:16 - Jul 20 with 2697 viewsGuthrum

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 10:52 - Jul 20 by Jimmy86

Perhaps it is the case (altho I can't quite see it myself) Waghorn is not quite the right sort of player for the system Hurst wants to use. So he is less concerned about seeing him go.

However, that would go against our manager's expressed preference for him staying.

Also not sure why Waghorn would especially want to leave Ipswich for Sheffield. It's a sideways move at best (not a Prem team). Not as if it's particularly close to Newcastle (still two and a half hours away). He's supposedly moved his family (including parents) down to Suffolk. Wife is heavily involved in the Elena Baltacha Foundation. Are they really able to offer such a marked increase in wages?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:20 - Jul 20 with 2647 viewssolemio

I'm definitely in favour of us signing Ellie Harrison.
Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:20 - Jul 20 with 2642 viewshype313

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:16 - Jul 20 by Guthrum

Perhaps it is the case (altho I can't quite see it myself) Waghorn is not quite the right sort of player for the system Hurst wants to use. So he is less concerned about seeing him go.

However, that would go against our manager's expressed preference for him staying.

Also not sure why Waghorn would especially want to leave Ipswich for Sheffield. It's a sideways move at best (not a Prem team). Not as if it's particularly close to Newcastle (still two and a half hours away). He's supposedly moved his family (including parents) down to Suffolk. Wife is heavily involved in the Elena Baltacha Foundation. Are they really able to offer such a marked increase in wages?

Agreed, would seem a sideways move, however they do seem quite flush and he might be offered something ridiculous to secure his financial future.

Will be quite odd to come up against Didzy, Waghorn and Walters if they all get offered deals.

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:25 - Jul 20 with 2590 viewscrazyblue68

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:16 - Jul 20 by Guthrum

This is it. Waghorn moved his whole family down here, including parents. They love the area, his misses by all accounts doesnt want to leave, she is very involved in things down here. Why would he want to go ?. The two replacements the Mirror mention, would both cost well over a million each, and l dont think Evans has any intention of spending that sort of money.
We desperately need central defenders, nothing is forthcoming there. We just seem to be in total disarray, no direction, no decent signings, just a few lower league gambles.
Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:27 - Jul 20 with 2576 viewsStokieBlue

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:25 - Jul 20 by crazyblue68

This is it. Waghorn moved his whole family down here, including parents. They love the area, his misses by all accounts doesnt want to leave, she is very involved in things down here. Why would he want to go ?. The two replacements the Mirror mention, would both cost well over a million each, and l dont think Evans has any intention of spending that sort of money.
We desperately need central defenders, nothing is forthcoming there. We just seem to be in total disarray, no direction, no decent signings, just a few lower league gambles.

Maybe he wants the opportunity for a last big contract? His stock is sky high at the moment, might never be so again so maybe doubling or tripling his wages is something he would consider.

All hearsay of course.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:31 - Jul 20 with 2553 viewsTIB

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:15 - Jul 20 by Kieran_Knows

Think Millwall had been trying to sign him for £800k, with Barnsley looking at over £1m for him.

£1m for him...there abouts the same for Harrison...and that still leaves a couple of a million if Waggy was to go for £7m and Evans takes a bit for the books...would probably see us put a better offer in for Tilt. Waggy proved himself last year and is a great character but for the right money selling him, it could benefit other areas of the squad massively.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2018 11:32]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:33 - Jul 20 with 2524 viewsDecageBruce

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:13 - Jul 20 by JakeITFC

Don't know what fee would be but he is in £4k at Barnsley
Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:33 - Jul 20 with 2525 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:27 - Jul 20 by StokieBlue

Maybe he wants the opportunity for a last big contract? His stock is sky high at the moment, might never be so again so maybe doubling or tripling his wages is something he would consider.

All hearsay of course.

SB

That's exactly it. Anybody paying £7m for a player will give them £20k a week+ on a 3 or 4 year contract.

He'll clearly go if the club get an offer they think is acceptable.
Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:37 - Jul 20 with 2481 viewsSWGF

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:12 - Jul 20 by hype313

Yep, not sure how I missed that!

I couldn't increase the font!

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:38 - Jul 20 with 2463 viewshype313

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:37 - Jul 20 by SWGF

I couldn't increase the font!

Off to Specsavers I go!

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:39 - Jul 20 with 2452 viewscrazyblue68

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:31 - Jul 20 by TIB

£1m for him...there abouts the same for Harrison...and that still leaves a couple of a million if Waggy was to go for £7m and Evans takes a bit for the books...would probably see us put a better offer in for Tilt. Waggy proved himself last year and is a great character but for the right money selling him, it could benefit other areas of the squad massively.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2018 11:32]

lt could benefit the club, yes, but we need to get on with it. We have 2 weeks to get maybe 2 strikers in, 2 central defenders and another winger. Its not going to happen. The whole thing is starting to unravel.
Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:41 - Jul 20 with 2453 viewsPhilTWTD

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:20 - Jul 20 by solemio

I'm definitely in favour of us signing Ellie Harrison.

I don't want us to make that signing as I'm bound to make that typo more than once. I'd prefer it if we signed John Craven.
Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:46 - Jul 20 with 2405 viewsTIB

Town after Tom Bradshaw & Ellis Harrison ... on 11:39 - Jul 20 by crazyblue68

lt could benefit the club, yes, but we need to get on with it. We have 2 weeks to get maybe 2 strikers in, 2 central defenders and another winger. Its not going to happen. The whole thing is starting to unravel.

Yeah we do need to crack on...it started promisingly with Roberts and Chalobah but has dwindled off now. I have a feeling he may try and bring that Nolan lad in from Shrewsbury as our central midfield is seriously lacking stability with those still recovering from long term injuries.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024