Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If it is £8m , take it 11:50 - Jul 20 with 5250 viewsMetal_Hacker

I'm sure PH will have ,if we are selling Waghorn , suitable(s) lined up . Ok before you refer back to Murphy and not replacing him,MM was longer in his reign and was arrogant enough to think perhaps we'd cope without Murphy or even considered Best would be a suitable replacement

PH is in a brand new job and will dictate to a greater degree what HE wants to happen negotiating with ME . ME will want to impress his new man in charge surely before peeing him off this close to the start of the season...surely ?

So my theory is Waghorn will go and we will bring in perhaps 3 new signings. Not ideal but......money talks

Myself living in Sheffield the rumor is very strong with the United supporters I chat to so....

Poll: If it were one or the other

If it is £8m , take it on 11:54 - Jul 20 with 4275 viewshype313

£8m would be an outstanding return, yes he had a purple patch last season, but from a £200k investment that would mean Hurst could really work his magic.

If you look at his record over the past 8 years it isn't prolific, and I know he adds more to the team than just goals, but if Evans handed Hurst the whole amount then he could add some real competition for places, as opposed to just bodies like Bru.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

If it is £8m , take it on 12:03 - Jul 20 with 4212 viewsBenters2

I’d rather keep him if that’s allowed
If it is £8m , take it on 12:04 - Jul 20 with 4213 viewsVic

Agreed. The fact that we're being linked with other strikers indicates that Hurst is actually preparing to replace Waghorn should he go.

I do have a concern that all the players he's bringing in are from lower leagues - but I guess that's part of the plan. At the moment we have to trust PH - but should it not start well then I think he can expect some brickbats.

In theory, a team made up of the best players in league 1 and 2 should more than hold it;s own in the champion ship. The two strikers linked today certainly fit that mold. Plenty kick on massively when they come up with a promoted team, so if PH is a decent judge of a player then we'll be OK. Time will tell.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

If it is £8m , take it on 12:11 - Jul 20 with 4178 viewsflimflam

I love Waggy and would be gutted to see him go but for 8million it is a no brainer.

For that PH could go and get the 2 strikers we have been linked with plus the 2 central defenders and still have change leftover as we have already banked 4million and 1million from other players leaving already. Maybe another quality winger and midfielder too.

This is PH team and he knows who he wants and if it means selling 2 players to buy 6 or 7 then that is how it has to be.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

If it is £8m , take it on 12:12 - Jul 20 with 4171 viewsReuser_is_God

We need 3 new signings even if Waghorn stays.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

If it is £8m , take it on 12:14 - Jul 20 with 4166 viewsbontcho

If it is £8m , take it on 12:04 - Jul 20 by Vic

Agreed. The fact that we're being linked with other strikers indicates that Hurst is actually preparing to replace Waghorn should he go.

I do have a concern that all the players he's bringing in are from lower leagues - but I guess that's part of the plan. At the moment we have to trust PH - but should it not start well then I think he can expect some brickbats.

In theory, a team made up of the best players in league 1 and 2 should more than hold it;s own in the champion ship. The two strikers linked today certainly fit that mold. Plenty kick on massively when they come up with a promoted team, so if PH is a decent judge of a player then we'll be OK. Time will tell.

This is how we've always worked, and in the end how we judge our managers in their ability to recruit and coach these players. Keane is a bad Ipswich manager mainly because his big signings were Priskin, Martin, Leadbitter and Edwards. Burley is a good one because the Taricco/Dyer money got in Magilton, McGreal, Wilnis, Croft, Wright and Stewart.

p.s. I know this is a simplification but.....

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

If it is £8m , take it on 12:18 - Jul 20 with 4149 viewsGuthrum

If it is £8m , take it on 12:03 - Jul 20 by Benters2

I’d rather keep him if that’s allowed

So would I. Might be worth more to us than £8m in terms of goals scored, matches won and League positions gained.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If it is £8m , take it on 13:38 - Jul 20 with 4046 viewsconnorscontract

If it is £8m , take it on 12:14 - Jul 20 by bontcho

This is how we've always worked, and in the end how we judge our managers in their ability to recruit and coach these players. Keane is a bad Ipswich manager mainly because his big signings were Priskin, Martin, Leadbitter and Edwards. Burley is a good one because the Taricco/Dyer money got in Magilton, McGreal, Wilnis, Croft, Wright and Stewart.

p.s. I know this is a simplification but.....

Burley also brought in Matt Holland, David Johnson mk2 and Reuser.

He was a very good judge of a player.

Until it suddenly all went wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

If it is £8m , take it on 12:06 - Mar 30 with 3346 viewsBlueWorldOrder

If it is £8m , take it on 12:04 - Jul 20 by Vic

It didn't hold it's own in The Championship. It was relegated before October and hasn't got us out of this league in 2 seasons either. Hurst was not a good judge of a player and we were wrong to offload Waghorn to bring in Jackson, Harrison and Roberts who scored what 3 between them in the Championship.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

If it is £8m , take it on 12:08 - Mar 30 with 3336 viewsMetal_Hacker

If it is £8m , take it on 12:06 - Mar 30 by BlueWorldOrder

It didn't hold it's own in The Championship. It was relegated before October and hasn't got us out of this league in 2 seasons either. Hurst was not a good judge of a player and we were wrong to offload Waghorn to bring in Jackson, Harrison and Roberts who scored what 3 between them in the Championship.

Sorry fella but I've had enough . You're muted you f***ing bell end

Push the wrong buttons too often toady !!!!

If it is £8m , take it on 12:10 - Mar 30 with 3293 viewsBlueWorldOrder

If it is £8m , take it on 12:08 - Mar 30 by Metal_Hacker

So in short you can have a pop at me constantly, call me out, but when I point out you have been wrong on most occasions on the past as a rebuttal you hide from me. You shouldn't have picked on me to begin with. That is on you.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

If it is £8m , take it on 13:32 - Mar 30 with 3091 viewsN2_Blue

If it is £8m , take it on 12:10 - Mar 30 by BlueWorldOrder

So in short you can have a pop at me constantly, call me out, but when I point out you have been wrong on most occasions on the past as a rebuttal you hide from me. You shouldn't have picked on me to begin with. That is on you.

You need to wind your neck in.

I don't know where you've suddenly sprung from but you are a pain in the *** at the moment. And please stop dragging up multiple posts from yonks ago.

If we did that for every single person who posted an opinion and then actually what transpired was different we'd have thousands of out of date posts all over the place.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

If it is £8m , take it on 13:35 - Mar 30 with 3060 viewsjeera

"Have a pop at you constantly".

All you seem to do is complain!

Going back 2 and a half years over multiple threads is sad.

It also reveals you are a previous poster with a grudge.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If it is £8m , take it on 13:36 - Mar 30 with 3051 viewsjeera

If it is £8m , take it on 12:08 - Mar 30 by Metal_Hacker

Yeah you call him toady!

Bully.

No one likes being called toady.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 13:36]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If it is £8m , take it on 13:37 - Mar 30 with 3030 viewsMetal_Hacker

If it is £8m , take it on 13:36 - Mar 30 by jeera

Yeah you call him toady!

Bully.

Gribbit

If it is £8m , take it on 13:38 - Mar 30 with 3024 viewsJ2BLUE

Someone with hindsight is always going to look smarter, although frankly you're challenging that theory.

At the time very few would have said £8m* wasn't a great return and wasn't a good idea. Hurst was considered the fresh approach needed when he came in and most were backing him. Fans would have been excited at spending £2m on someone like Jackson as well.

*I know we didn't get £8m but that's what the OP was talking about.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

By the way sunshine, I predicted that..... on 13:44 - Mar 30 with 2954 viewsBloots

...we'd beat Hull away in November 2017.

We only drew, thanks to a late Jordan Spence equaliser.

If you want to go back and find that post so that you can tell me how wrong I was, feel free.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

This thread is so old that..... on 13:46 - Mar 30 with 2922 viewsBloots

If it is £8m , take it on 13:36 - Mar 30 by jeera

Yeah you call him toady!

Bully.

....even Benters is posting on it.

What a world.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

If it is £8m , take it on 13:50 - Mar 30 with 2900 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nice one Captain Hindsight.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If it is £8m , take it on 13:51 - Mar 30 with 2889 viewsSwansea_Blue

If it is £8m , take it on 11:54 - Jul 20 by hype313

£8m would be an outstanding return, yes he had a purple patch last season, but from a £200k investment that would mean Hurst could really work his magic.

If you look at his record over the past 8 years it isn't prolific, and I know he adds more to the team than just goals, but if Evans handed Hurst the whole amount then he could add some real competition for places, as opposed to just bodies like Bru.

Not a pop as we could only hope back then, but this made me chuckle.

"Hurst could really work his magic". He certainly did and it turned out to be voodoo.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If it is £8m , take it on 13:59 - Mar 30 with 2831 viewsKeaneish

If it is £8m , take it on 13:51 - Mar 30 by Swansea_Blue

Not a pop as we could only hope back then, but this made me chuckle.

"Hurst could really work his magic". He certainly did and it turned out to be voodoo.

I'll hold my hands up too as i thought Jackson and Harrison would be an effective partnership. I did think that playing as a two though, which in my defence they never did but bad shout all said and done.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

This thread is so old that..... on 14:15 - Mar 30 with 2751 viewsBiGDonnie

This thread is so old that..... on 13:46 - Mar 30 by Bloots

....even Benters is posting on it.

What a world.

He should do us all a favour and go back to find some of the old CGS posts - that'd be a laugh...

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

This thread is so old that..... on 14:35 - Mar 30 with 2633 viewsJ2BLUE

This thread is so old that..... on 14:15 - Mar 30 by BiGDonnie

He should do us all a favour and go back to find some of the old CGS posts - that'd be a laugh...

Nah he was a right cock.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This thread is so old that..... on 14:44 - Mar 30 with 2584 viewsBiGDonnie

This thread is so old that..... on 14:35 - Mar 30 by J2BLUE

Nah he was a right cock.

Still is, just got a bit bigger...

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

If it is £8m , take it (n/t) on 17:55 - Mar 30 with 2297 viewsTieDyedIn95

If it is £8m , take it on 13:32 - Mar 30 by N2_Blue

You need to wind your neck in.

I don't know where you've suddenly sprung from but you are a pain in the *** at the moment. And please stop dragging up multiple posts from yonks ago.

If we did that for every single person who posted an opinion and then actually what transpired was different we'd have thousands of out of date posts all over the place.

I was very confused by this thread just now. I thought we had accepted an £8million takeover bid and thought so much for Evans holding out for more money!
[Post edited 30 Mar 2021 17:57]

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024