Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else concerned? 11:58 - Jul 22 with 1345 viewsitfctim

Firstly, I wish PH all the very best, going into his first season at his highest ever managerial level. However, I have a few concerns, Firstly, he told us how hard pre season would be, but has suggested that our players were not up to it...unlike his previous team. Secondly, we are a matter of days away from a very tough first game of the season, with half a team?..I sincerely hope he manages to keep us up this season, and then go for it next season, with no excuses. Patience is the key word this season, in my opinion. I hope i'm proved wrong. COYB!
Anyone else concerned? on 12:20 - Jul 22 with 1277 viewsJ4ck22

I feel like I've read this before...
Anyone else concerned? on 12:34 - Jul 22 with 1248 viewsPositivelyPortman

Just come out and say it and get it off your chest.
You don’t like PH and you think we’ll be relegated.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Anyone else concerned? on 12:47 - Jul 22 with 1223 viewsCurrie10

Anyone else concerned? on 12:34 - Jul 22 by PositivelyPortman

Well whether people like the posters comments or not, I'm not a million miles away from where he's at at present.

From the team ending last season, we've lost -

* Webster / Connolly / Celina / McGoldrick ( if you can count him ) .... then players that were in the squad like Hyam / Bru

* Huws / Adeyemi + Bishop still nowhere near ready to rumble.

Sure, we've added a grand total of three in, but as it stands right now - we're in trouble.
Luckily we have a bit of time on our side to sort this out.
Anyone else concerned? on 12:47 - Jul 22 with 1223 viewsJon_456

Most of what he’s saying is just mind games with the players.

Expressing how hard they’re expected to work is just setting his standards.

Saying that some players aren’t as good as some think they are is another example.

Suggesting one of the youth players has caught is eye but didn’t name them again gives all the young players something to think about.
Anyone else concerned? on 13:02 - Jul 22 with 1187 viewsTractorWood

I'm no more concerned than any other year where we've looked a bit of shambles. Might get whooshed here but I think given our budget and layout in the last 4/5 years we've done really well to avoid a serious relegation battle. That said, I think Dozzell, Downes and Nydam have enough potential to hook us well away from any problems but it's probably naïve to think they'll all stay injury free for 40+ games.

I've not really formulated any proper opinions on Hurst and will try not to until I've seen us play home and away several times.

It's really difficult to stay impartial on a club you live and breath. It's so hard to not either assume we'll be in the mix after 2 decent games or we are relegation fodder after a couple of bad ones. Truth be told I think it will be a mix of all these things and we'll be lower mid table.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Anyone else concerned? on 13:20 - Jul 22 with 1139 viewsitfctim

Anyone else concerned? on 12:20 - Jul 22 by J4ck22

I feel like I've read this before...

Not from me. Maybe other people have concerns?
Anyone else concerned? on 13:22 - Jul 22 with 1136 viewsitfctim

Anyone else concerned? on 12:34 - Jul 22 by PositivelyPortman

If that was what I wanted to say, I would have said that. However, what I actually wanted to say, was what I said..
Anyone else concerned? on 13:39 - Jul 22 with 1115 viewsMonkey_Blue

I’m anxious as this could all go pear shaped.... but also keen to see if PH’s methods can produce. My fears are that the squad looks to have less quality than a year ago, a manager not tested at this level or at a club this big... but the fear of the unknown is also balanced a little by the potential of the new and unknown. I guess it’s a big change to go from a manager that you knew, no matter what, we wouldn’t be going down.
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else concerned? on 13:47 - Jul 22 with 1095 viewscasanovacrow

Big changes going on, I feel we may not the time to do it properly this season, but at least we aren't happy to risk slowly festering anymore.
Concerned? yes, but also excited, and that's something I haven't been for a while as an ITFC fan.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024