Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) 16:46 - Jul 22 with 2351 viewsLuk38644

We should learn from the Murphy situation and keep hold of him until we get offered silly money, and even then, only approve the sale once we have someone else in the door. We sold Murphy for good money and then replaced him for peanuts and what good was that money in the bank? I’d much rather have Waghorn in the pitch than £8mil sitting in our bank but lacking goals/assists.

I’m still fairly certain he won’t go tbh, we seem intent on keeping him and my problem with it all is, we sell our most influential player for good money but then who do you replace him with? Players like Waghorn are few and far between, so why risk selling and replacing when we have a proven class act at the club? If I was Evans, I’d be getting a new contract sorted for him tbh. Show some intent to keep our best players as we have with Bart.

If we end up selling Waghorn, it will be the most gutted I’ve been that we’ve sold a player since I was a kid and we sold Matty Holland. Nothing will get the fans buzzing for August 4th more than keeping our two best players, adding a few more players to the squad and playing a new brand of football! 🙏
My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 17:03 - Jul 22 with 2263 viewsNthsuffolkblue

There are a few problems with that plan.

If we wait for the silly money it will probably come too late to be able to secure the replacement.

Will Waghorn be as effective in Hurst's system as he was last season?

His set plays were a big bonus for us last season and we would need to make sure we have found a good replacement for them.

The biggest problem with selling Holland (and Hermann) was that they waited until we had to accept very low offers for them because we had to get their wages off their books and we were in administration. It was the same reason we were able to sign Holland for such a low fee in the first place too! While it was nice to see them in a Town shirt for a little longer, the club would have been better had they left earlier.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 17:05 - Jul 22 with 2252 viewsdavblue

He’s another who’s a good player but very overrated imo and did prove me wrong last season as I wasn’t convinced he was up to it.
My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 17:07 - Jul 22 with 2229 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 17:05 - Jul 22 by davblue

He’s another who’s a good player but very overrated imo and did prove me wrong last season as I wasn’t convinced he was up to it.

I always thought he looked good at Leicester but was still pleasantly surprised how well he did last season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 17:09 - Jul 22 with 2214 viewsbluesym

But what if he wants to leave?

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 17:34 - Jul 22 with 2124 viewsbluesimon

We should certainly wait until we have a replacement in.

It also means we don't get done over by the club we are buying from as they see we have just received some money.

The Blunts have recently received 11m for Brooks, so it would be silly to not to push for more and as the transfer window draws to a close they'll be desperate.
My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 17:38 - Jul 22 with 2104 viewsJ2BLUE

I think, with the players we need, we'd have to take anything over £7m.

We look very light in a number of areas.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 18:15 - Jul 22 with 1994 viewsjas0999

It would seem we sold Webster without a replacement lined up. We must learn.
My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 19:43 - Jul 22 with 1863 viewsagentp

Or we could learn from the Mcgoldrick situation and take the money when it's offered.

I don't get the 'selling players without having a replacement lined up' argument.' I mean how exactly can you do that?

Every manager knows who is available and who is going where, it's the nature of the job.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Login to get fewer ads

My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 20:01 - Jul 22 with 1814 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I think we are grtting replacements lined up before we sell. Seems we are still in discussions with Shef Utd so prepared to sell but not accepting bid until we have replaced.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 20:41 - Jul 22 with 1729 viewsBluefish

What about learning from not selling mcgoldrick? Marcus can't really win

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 20:42 - Jul 22 with 1718 viewsReuser_is_God

My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 20:41 - Jul 22 by Bluefish

What about learning from not selling mcgoldrick? Marcus can't really win

We finished top 6 on the back of not selling McGoldrick.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 20:47 - Jul 22 with 1699 viewsagentp

My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 20:42 - Jul 22 by Reuser_is_God

We finished top 6 on the back of not selling McGoldrick.

We did, but opinion; on here, seems fairly heavily weighted towards we should have sold him.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 20:48 - Jul 22 with 1692 viewsReuser_is_God

My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 20:47 - Jul 22 by agentp

We did, but opinion; on here, seems fairly heavily weighted towards we should have sold him.

Well that opinion is wrong.

In my opinion, of course.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 20:49 - Jul 22 with 1679 viewschristiand

My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 20:47 - Jul 22 by agentp

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 20:53 - Jul 22 with 1657 viewsagentp

My take on Waghorn (not that anyone cares) on 20:49 - Jul 22 by christiand

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

If Waghorn has a disappointing season next season or picks up a bad injury. Many of the same posters arguing to keep him will then be saying we should have sold him.

As you say hindset is a wonderful thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024