Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! 19:50 - Jul 22 with 1161 viewsWestcountryblue

Sick and tired of seeing reports/posters saying that 6m represents a good deal for Waghorn. Let me make this quite clear, It doesn’t...

He is all round, the most influential player in his position currently In the Championship and even with the very best scouting, It would take 4m + to replace him without even taking in account the wages. In reality, 6m would represent us selling him for 3-4m under his market value.

So, rather than selling him, I would challenge Marcus Evans to either, dig his heels in and not accept anything under 9m or use some of the wages we paid Didzy to give Waggy a well deserved and fully justified improved contract. For crying out loud, it’s Sheffield Utd we are dealing with, not Manchester City. It would be great for Marcus to either show a bit of resolve at the negotiation table, or even better, show some real ambition and offer him a new 3 year deal.

We have the core of a fantastic squad, let’s back PH and stop stripping him of his best assets at prices that are way below par in this division !!!
[Post edited 22 Jul 2018 19:52]
Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 19:51 - Jul 22 with 1141 viewshomer_123

But if PH wants to reshape the squad, where do the funds come from?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 19:54 - Jul 22 with 1124 viewsWestcountryblue

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 19:51 - Jul 22 by homer_123

Marcus or ITFC putting their money where their mouth is and fully reinvesting the Webster and Knight money...which is in excess of 4m.
Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 19:56 - Jul 22 with 1104 viewsagentp

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 19:54 - Jul 22 by Westcountryblue

Marcus or ITFC putting their money where their mouth is and fully reinvesting the Webster and Knight money...which is in excess of 4m.

It not more than £4m though for Webster and Knight, is it? And £4m wouldn't rebuild the squad.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 19:57 - Jul 22 with 1096 viewsLeoMuff

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 19:51 - Jul 22 by homer_123

Webster, knight sale and you can’t tell me we spent the Mings, Murphy £12m ?? no point ME blustering on about a change in direction if he can’t even stump up a couple of million to get the squad changes we need done.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 19:57 - Jul 22 with 1094 viewshomer_123

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 19:56 - Jul 22 by agentp

It not more than £4m though for Webster and Knight, is it? And £4m wouldn't rebuild the squad.

Indeed, Marcus will only invest transfer income, end of.

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 19:58 - Jul 22 with 1067 viewshomer_123

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 19:57 - Jul 22 by LeoMuff

Webster, knight sale and you can’t tell me we spent the Mings, Murphy £12m ?? no point ME blustering on about a change in direction if he can’t even stump up a couple of million to get the squad changes we need done.

ME hasn't blustered about a change of direction on finances. That is remaining the same as it always has. So if PH wants more funds to shape the squad, we have to sell more.

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 20:02 - Jul 22 with 1039 viewsLeoMuff

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 19:58 - Jul 22 by homer_123

ME hasn't blustered about a change of direction on finances. That is remaining the same as it always has. So if PH wants more funds to shape the squad, we have to sell more.

Bit daft though isn’t it, if we have to sell our best player to fund a squad overhaul when a couple of million might prevent that happening. I repeat no point talking about direction changes if you don’t back it properly.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 20:02 - Jul 22 with 1039 viewsjeera

Most people have said if he must go it should be more than 6 mill.

That's been made clear many times by many posters.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 20:03 - Jul 22 with 1030 viewsagentp

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 20:02 - Jul 22 by jeera

Most people have said if he must go it should be more than 6 mill.

That's been made clear many times by many posters.

His value to a buyer is what they want to pay. His value to PH is how much he needs. Simple really

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 20:04 - Jul 22 with 1026 viewsWestcountryblue

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 19:56 - Jul 22 by agentp

Does it need ‘rebuilding’...we need to focus on getting injured players back out on the pitch and firing on all cylinders. If Huws, Adeyemi, Bishop and Rowe can get fully fit, that will be like 4 new signings to PH...3 with a strong record at this level.

No, let’s put our faith in the likes of Nydam, Downes, Dozzell, Emmanuel etc...instead of wasting money on players of a similar current ability and stunting the development of our own homegrown players. It is the ITFC way and recently we have deviated from this. To think we could of had Jack Marriott had we kept the faith him him a little longer despite some ups and downs Is a sad story indeed.
Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 20:06 - Jul 22 with 1015 viewsagentp

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 20:04 - Jul 22 by Westcountryblue

Does it need ‘rebuilding’...we need to focus on getting injured players back out on the pitch and firing on all cylinders. If Huws, Adeyemi, Bishop and Rowe can get fully fit, that will be like 4 new signings to PH...3 with a strong record at this level.

No, let’s put our faith in the likes of Nydam, Downes, Dozzell, Emmanuel etc...instead of wasting money on players of a similar current ability and stunting the development of our own homegrown players. It is the ITFC way and recently we have deviated from this. To think we could of had Jack Marriott had we kept the faith him him a little longer despite some ups and downs Is a sad story indeed.

I cannot imagine for one minute a new manager can come in and make HIS system work with the previous manager's players. Of course he needs to rebuild. How much is another question.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2018 20:06]

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 20:16 - Jul 22 with 955 viewsWestcountryblue

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 20:06 - Jul 22 by agentp

I cannot imagine for one minute a new manager can come in and make HIS system work with the previous manager's players. Of course he needs to rebuild. How much is another question.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2018 20:06]

How much would Waggy cost to replace ? 3-4m ? What would be left for his rebuild after that in the current market ?
Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 20:17 - Jul 22 with 952 viewsjeera

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 20:03 - Jul 22 by agentp

His value to a buyer is what they want to pay. His value to PH is how much he needs. Simple really

Well, quite.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 20:20 - Jul 22 with 928 viewsagentp

Marcus, go and extend Waggy’s contract ! on 20:16 - Jul 22 by Westcountryblue

How much would Waggy cost to replace ? 3-4m ? What would be left for his rebuild after that in the current market ?

How much would Waggy cost to replace is an unknown isn't it. He could be replaced for free and the proof is already there that he could be replaced for as little as 200k. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same comments - inflated about Harrison this time next year.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024