Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich home 16:00 - Jul 23 with 4213 viewsitfcjoe

Why is this game on a Sunday if not on TV? It is utterly unnecessary and makes things so difficult for fans as no doubt public transport will be disrupted that day.

What has changed since 2014/15 when both Portman Road derbies were on a Saturday lunchtime?

Lunchtime kick offs are bad enough on a Saturday - who do I need to speak to to get this game moved?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Norwich home on 16:03 - Jul 23 with 3800 viewsITFC_Forever

No-one leave it where it is.

I can't make it on the Saturday, so I moved asked the police and club to move it, so they did.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Norwich home on 16:04 - Jul 23 with 3791 viewsitfcjoe

Norwich home on 16:03 - Jul 23 by ITFC_Forever

I can't make it on the Saturday, so I moved asked the police and club to move it, so they did.

Would you actually go to the Christening over the game if push came to shove?!

Norwich home on 16:04 - Jul 23 with 3783 viewssundaze

Try the Suffolk and Norfolk constabulary.
Norwich home on 16:06 - Jul 23 with 3766 viewsITFC_Forever

Norwich home on 16:04 - Jul 23 by itfcjoe

Would you actually go to the Christening over the game if push came to shove?!

Probably not.... although my wife is the god-mother, so I think I would be on the naughty-step for the rest of the year.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Norwich home on 16:08 - Jul 23 with 3753 viewsTheDailyTractor

Rangers v Celtic in that slot instead.

Police didn't want Friday night or Saturday tea time so two other championship games took that slot instead.
Norwich home on 16:11 - Jul 23 with 3714 viewsitfcjoe

Norwich home on 16:06 - Jul 23 by ITFC_Forever

Probably not.... although my wife is the god-mother, so I think I would be on the naughty-step for the rest of the year.

I've missed a couple where Mrs itfcjoe is Godmother - not ideal but had other things on.

I thing weddings are a different matter (and why people have these in the football season is beyond me.....)

Norwich home on 16:12 - Jul 23 with 3699 viewsPendejo

Norwich home on 16:08 - Jul 23 by TheDailyTractor

Rangers v Celtic in that slot instead.

Police didn't want Friday night or Saturday tea time so two other championship games took that slot instead.

Can't they show games concurrently? Worried the Old Firm will be outshone by Old Farm?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Norwich home on 16:13 - Jul 23 with 3702 viewsArnieM

Blame the Suffolk/ Norfolk Plod 100% for the day and kick off time. It’s down to “crowd control”issues . God help,them if the ever had to police a local derby that had crowds of 50-60k upwards.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Norwich home on 16:23 - Jul 23 with 3626 viewsfloridablue

Its a joke that 'our' local derby' nowadays always seems to Kick-Off mid day on a Sunday so anyone that wishes for a social beer or two is out of luck!Yet some of the more 'high risk' derbies of late start at a more social time. Good luck with your complaint.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 16:29]
Norwich home on 16:26 - Jul 23 with 3596 viewsSWGF

Best move it to the Monday so I can go

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Norwich home on 16:27 - Jul 23 with 3592 viewsTractorJack

Norwich home on 16:23 - Jul 23 by floridablue

Its a joke that 'our' local derby' nowadays always seems to Kick-Off mid day on a Sunday so anyone that wishes for a social beer or two is out of luck!Yet some of the more 'high risk' derbies of late start at a more social time. Good luck with your complaint.

Even Leeds v Millwall gets played on a Saturday ffs!
Norwich home on 16:28 - Jul 23 with 3586 viewsSteve_M

On the beer front, most pubs in town are open from 10 (some are earlier) so it no longer stops people drinking anyway.

I'm sure Suffolk police will have the bright idea of moving kick off to 10am to counter the pubs being open early at some point.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Norwich home on 16:35 - Jul 23 with 3528 viewsIllinoisblue

Rangers v Celtic - can play on Saturdays
Liverool v Everton - can play on Saturdays

the tamest derby game of all has to be on a Sunday. it's laughable

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Norwich home on 16:43 - Jul 23 with 3493 viewsfloridablue

Norwich home on 16:28 - Jul 23 by Steve_M

On the beer front, most pubs in town are open from 10 (some are earlier) so it no longer stops people drinking anyway.

I'm sure Suffolk police will have the bright idea of moving kick off to 10am to counter the pubs being open early at some point.

Oh, didn't realize that, in my day i remember it as noon opening time. Still mid day on a Sunday for me, I think would make the whole day a 'flat' experience, and to be on the road for the away game and a beer by the crack of dawn beggars belief! ....Start that petition i'll sign.
Norwich home on 17:08 - Jul 23 with 3428 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Norwich home on 16:03 - Jul 23 by ITFC_Forever

Move it back to Boxing Day and New Years Day if you ask me.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Norwich home on 17:45 - Jul 23 with 3315 viewstextbackup

Many open from 8am...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Norwich home on 19:28 - Jul 23 with 3133 viewsPJH

Norwich home on 16:11 - Jul 23 by itfcjoe

I've missed a couple where Mrs itfcjoe is Godmother - not ideal but had other things on.

I thing weddings are a different matter (and why people have these in the football season is beyond me.....)

Quite right about weddings, I never get married in the football season.
Norwich home on 19:29 - Jul 23 with 3131 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Just start on the Saturday night.

Poll: Best Football Song

Norwich home on 19:48 - Jul 23 with 3076 viewssolemio

Norwich home on 16:13 - Jul 23 by ArnieM

Blame the Suffolk/ Norfolk Plod 100% for the day and kick off time. It’s down to “crowd control”issues . God help,them if the ever had to police a local derby that had crowds of 50-60k upwards.

Norfolk and Suffolk are very rural areas, therefore there will not be crowds of 50 - 60k.
If they were not rural there would be much larger police forces.

Any further help required just let me know.
Norwich home on 19:58 - Jul 23 with 3045 viewsReuser_is_God

Pubs open for the same length of time they’re open before Saturday 3pm kick offs.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Norwich home on 20:41 - Jul 23 with 2960 viewsPinewoodblue

Norwich home on 17:08 - Jul 23 by Cheltenham_Blue

Move it back to Boxing Day and New Years Day if you ask me.

Or back even further when games were played on Christmas Day with the return on boxing day.We had a proper railway in those days.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Norwich home on 21:54 - Jul 23 with 2866 viewssundaze

Norwich home on 20:41 - Jul 23 by Pinewoodblue

Or back even further when games were played on Christmas Day with the return on boxing day.We had a proper railway in those days.

Jeez, how far back are you going? 50s?
Norwich home on 22:02 - Jul 23 with 2841 viewsblueislander

Norwich home on 21:54 - Jul 23 by sundaze

Jeez, how far back are you going? 50s?

Certainly 50s. May have strayed into early 60s . Famously Fulham beat us 10-1 on Christmas Day, and we beat them 4-2 on the Boxing Day. I can remember us playing Aldershot on a snow covered pitch on Christmas Day.
Norwich home on 23:11 - Jul 23 with 2731 viewsjpring89

Norwich home on 16:12 - Jul 23 by Pendejo

Can't they show games concurrently? Worried the Old Firm will be outshone by Old Farm?

Urgh I really don’t like it when people call it old farm. Is it just me ?

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Norwich home on 23:18 - Jul 23 with 2710 viewsPJH

Norwich home on 22:02 - Jul 23 by blueislander

Certainly 50s. May have strayed into early 60s . Famously Fulham beat us 10-1 on Christmas Day, and we beat them 4-2 on the Boxing Day. I can remember us playing Aldershot on a snow covered pitch on Christmas Day.

Not exactly right about the Fulham games-the away game was 26th December 1963 and the home one(in the fog) on 28th.

On checking, the last time we played on 25th and 26th December was in 1957.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024