Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tilt & Townsend 20:47 - Jul 23 with 3667 viewsipswichtillidie

Would these two plus keeping the rest of the squad represent a good summer on paper. For me if there is one more out the door then Knudsen would be my preferred choice. Waghorn to stay at all costs for me (offer him a new contract) Knudsen could be replaced or perhaps as suggested be better used as a CB.

Gav

Tilt & Townsend on 20:49 - Jul 23 with 3627 viewsflimflam

Tilt, Townsend and another winger and we wont be far away

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Tilt & Townsend on 20:49 - Jul 23 with 3618 viewsDanFord

I’d be very happy if we got those two. Ecstatic if we added a decent right winger too. I feel Roberts might be more a squad player than nailed on starter. We have to get Tilt now. He’s such a class player and now we are in for him I’ll be gutted if we miss out.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Tilt & Townsend on 20:55 - Jul 23 with 3524 viewsThijssens_Tash

Yep. Tilt, Townsend and a right winger (Barrie McKay) and I would be happy, have to keep Waghorn too.
Tilt & Townsend on 21:03 - Jul 23 with 3470 viewsWebbyWebster

Fosu from Charlton is worth a punt
Tilt & Townsend on 21:05 - Jul 23 with 3450 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Keep Waghorn, get Jon Nolan and two central backs in.
Tilt & Townsend on 21:16 - Jul 23 with 3346 viewsipswichtillidie

Tilt & Townsend on 20:49 - Jul 23 by flimflam

Tilt, Townsend and another winger and we wont be far away

I was thinking myself we may well go for another winger as we are light in that area and Sears is clearly a makeshift. Wouldn’t expect a CM unless Hurst doesn’t rate the current crop. Perhaps also a CB as eluded below as a few injuries in this department and we are down to the youths. The Chelsea boy I’d expect to be used as a DM with a view to covering as a CB but that as yet is to be seen. If he plays tomor be interesting to see where he’s played.

Gav

Tilt & Townsend on 21:20 - Jul 23 with 3291 viewsTIB

Tilt, a winger and a midfielder with goals him and I’d feel a bit more confident.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Tilt & Townsend on 21:21 - Jul 23 with 3288 viewsBloomBlue

Not too concerned about Townsend, £600k is too much for him, stay with Knudsen
Tilt will add competition to the squad
Login to get fewer ads

Tilt & Townsend on 21:25 - Jul 23 with 3250 viewsOsborneOneNil

Tilt & Townsend on 21:05 - Jul 23 by Mach_foreignBlue

Keep Waghorn, get Jon Nolan and two central backs in.

I think we definitely need someone like Jon Nolan, he’d be a super signing.
Tilt & Townsend on 21:30 - Jul 23 with 3208 viewsTIB

Tilt & Townsend on 20:55 - Jul 23 by Thijssens_Tash

Yep. Tilt, Townsend and a right winger (Barrie McKay) and I would be happy, have to keep Waghorn too.

Just reading about McKay...63% of Forest fans apparently voted in a poll to see him go this summer, saying his work ethic is poor and by all accounts Rangers fans felt the same hence he was sold for just £500k. Forest owner was trying to sell him to Olympiacos in June but that flopped so maybe there is the potential to pick him up for a few hundred thousand and Hurst get the best out of him.

Tilt & Townsend on 21:37 - Jul 23 with 3127 viewsSuperblue95

Tilt & Townsend on 21:30 - Jul 23 by TIB

Just reading about McKay...63% of Forest fans apparently voted in a poll to see him go this summer, saying his work ethic is poor and by all accounts Rangers fans felt the same hence he was sold for just £500k. Forest owner was trying to sell him to Olympiacos in June but that flopped so maybe there is the potential to pick him up for a few hundred thousand and Hurst get the best out of him.

Or if his work ethic is poor as suggested then spend the money elsewhere?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Tilt & Townsend on 21:48 - Jul 23 with 3024 viewsThijssens_Tash

Not a winger I know, but I had a thought about Moses Odubajo the other day. He’s a free agent after leaving Hull, had some bad luck with injuries, still only 24, was a real powerhouse RB when he was as fit. Currently training with his old club Brentford, worth a look at surely.
Tilt & Townsend on 21:51 - Jul 23 with 2991 viewsmarchy

It would represent a weird one I think. Certainly a sea change in approach, and young(ish) and hungry is the way a lot of us wanted to go...but with those two in, that'd be probably well over £3m spent on six additions, none of whom have ever played as high a level as the Championship...one of them looking likely to be targeted to replace a player who was in a World Cup squad. Hoping we've got at least a bit of higher-level experience in the sights too...
Tilt & Townsend on 22:15 - Jul 23 with 2847 viewsTIB

Tilt & Townsend on 21:37 - Jul 23 by Superblue95

Or if his work ethic is poor as suggested then spend the money elsewhere?

Was more saying that he may be “worth a punt” as his talent outweighs his price tag.

Tilt & Townsend on 22:38 - Jul 23 with 2702 viewsdavblue

Tilt & Townsend on 21:25 - Jul 23 by OsborneOneNil

I think we definitely need someone like Jon Nolan, he’d be a super signing.

At the minute I think it’s debatable if we need him. I know this is an if but get Bishop and Huws fit and they both have more ability than Nolan from the bits I’ve seen of him.

Plus the only way Nolan will join us is if Waghorn leaves. I’m surprised Hurst hasn’t brought in a Shrewsbury player, from a support basis ito the squad.
Tilt & Townsend on 22:40 - Jul 23 with 2683 viewsKieran_Knows

Indeed. Wouldn’t be surprised if both of those were in the squad come the Blackburn game in just over a weeks time.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Tilt & Townsend on 22:40 - Jul 23 with 2680 viewsagentp

At least 6 more in.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Tilt & Townsend on 22:59 - Jul 23 with 2583 viewsHerbivore

Tilt and a winger, not fussed about Townsend unless Knudsen is going.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tilt & Townsend on 23:04 - Jul 23 with 2546 viewsKieran_Knows

Tilt & Townsend on 22:59 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

Tilt and a winger, not fussed about Townsend unless Knudsen is going.

Our move for Townsend suggests to me that either a) Hurst has already made his mind up on Kenlock from the few friendly games, and is happy to sell, b) has watched videos of Knudsen and decided he’s not for him, and wants Townsend to challenge Kenlock, or c) Knudsen will be viewed as a centre back, and Townsend will still be brought in to challenge Kenlock at left back.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024