Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Madeley 22:46 - Jul 23 with 2725 viewsronnyd

Been announced that he died today aged 73. Class player in the dominant Leeds side in the 60s and 70s. Really known as "Dirty Leeds then.
Paul Madeley on 22:54 - Jul 23 with 2683 viewsArnieM

Why is it I wonder, when the average mortality age is heading into the mid eighties that ex professional footballers rarely get into their mid to late 70’s ?! It’s well below the national average.

RIP Paul Madeley

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Paul Madeley on 23:04 - Jul 23 with 2637 viewsronnyd

Paul Madeley on 22:54 - Jul 23 by ArnieM

Why is it I wonder, when the average mortality age is heading into the mid eighties that ex professional footballers rarely get into their mid to late 70’s ?! It’s well below the national average.

RIP Paul Madeley

Lifestyle, hard training perhaps?
Paul Madeley on 23:05 - Jul 23 with 2633 viewsPJH

That is sad to hear.

He was so very versatile and never really had a regular position but was class in whatever role he played for the great Leeds teams of Don Revie.

I have recently finished reading a book about their 1972 season which included winning the F.A. Cup on 6th May 1972(a game that I was at) and should have culminated in them completing the League and Cup double.

R.I.P Paul Madeley.
Paul Madeley on 23:05 - Jul 23 with 2633 viewsGuthrum

Paul Madeley on 22:54 - Jul 23 by ArnieM

RIP Paul Madeley

Partly because they're men. The average age at death is nearly four years lower than in women (79.2 compared with 82.9, ONS figures for 2014-16).
[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 23:07]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Paul Madeley on 23:11 - Jul 23 with 2601 viewsBloomBlue

'Rolls Royce' class player
Paul Madeley on 00:29 - Jul 24 with 2528 viewslinhdi

Paul Madeley on 23:11 - Jul 23 by BloomBlue

'Rolls Royce' class player

No Rolls Royce at all. Bit of a thug on the pitch, an enforcer, utility player. Flippin' effective though, and very, very versatile. A key member of that great (cheatin' Leeds side.
Paul Madeley on 08:03 - Jul 24 with 2373 viewsbracknell_blue

Paul Madeley on 00:29 - Jul 24 by linhdi

No Rolls Royce at all. Bit of a thug on the pitch, an enforcer, utility player. Flippin' effective though, and very, very versatile. A key member of that great (cheatin' Leeds side.

Scored a cracking OG at PR back in 72/73 as well. Passed back to the keeper, who had come out of his goal.....

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Paul Madeley on 09:24 - Jul 24 with 2334 viewsagentp

Didn't Paul Madeley start up a DIY chain after football? Think it was all but national if I remember. May be thinking of someone else.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Madeley on 09:28 - Jul 24 with 2326 viewsRadlett_blue

Paul Madeley on 09:24 - Jul 24 by agentp

Didn't Paul Madeley start up a DIY chain after football? Think it was all but national if I remember. May be thinking of someone else.

You're right. The family's DIY business was sold by Madeley and his brothers for £27 million in 1987. A tidy sum in those days!
While that Leeds side had some nasty players, I wouldn't have included Madeley in that category.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Paul Madeley on 09:34 - Jul 24 with 2313 viewsagentp

Paul Madeley on 09:28 - Jul 24 by Radlett_blue

You're right. The family's DIY business was sold by Madeley and his brothers for £27 million in 1987. A tidy sum in those days!
While that Leeds side had some nasty players, I wouldn't have included Madeley in that category.

Just found this. Read his personal ambitions

http://footballinprint.com/wp-content/uploads/infocus/compressed/paul-madeley-le

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Paul Madeley on 11:52 - Jul 24 with 2243 viewsmichaeldownunder

I can remember seeing him play on a mud bath of a pitch, he came off at half time with his all white Leeds kit in pristine condition, while every other player came off covered in mud.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024