Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sacha Baron Cohen at it again 13:06 - Jul 24 with 3750 viewsdusseldorf_blue

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 13:24 - Jul 24 with 3683 viewsButterbing

Wow!! That is unbelievable!!!

Are some of those actual serving congressmen?
Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 13:26 - Jul 24 with 3671 viewsStokieBlue

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 13:24 - Jul 24 by Butterbing

Wow!! That is unbelievable!!!

Are some of those actual serving congressmen?

It was on last night - incredible stuff.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 13:45 - Jul 24 with 3638 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Sacha Baron Cohen is one idea stretched out for 20 years. Ali G and Borat were funny but most things since haven't been great.

This current series is terrible, how anyone could be fooled by this character is hard to believe. I can see why it's tanked in the ratings in America.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 13:52 - Jul 24 with 3617 viewsartsbossbeard

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 13:45 - Jul 24 by The_Last_Baron

Sacha Baron Cohen is one idea stretched out for 20 years. Ali G and Borat were funny but most things since haven't been great.

This current series is terrible, how anyone could be fooled by this character is hard to believe. I can see why it's tanked in the ratings in America.

"how anyone could be fooled by this character is hard to believe. "

But they have and that's what makes it fascinating.

If you looked up the word "vacuous" in a dictionary, there'd be a picture of that reality star lass from last night's episode. Don't get me started on the Georgia chap. Career over.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 13:58 - Jul 24 with 3577 viewstampa_bay

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 13:52 - Jul 24 by artsbossbeard

If you looked up the word "vacuous" in a dictionary, there'd be a picture of that reality star lass from last night's episode. Don't get me started on the Georgia chap. Career over.

Spare a thought for those of us that live (not by choice) in Georgia!
Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 13:58 - Jul 24 with 3577 viewsStokieBlue

He was totally bonkers wasn't he.

SB

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 14:18 - Jul 24 with 3509 viewstampa_bay

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 13:58 - Jul 24 by StokieBlue

He was totally bonkers wasn't he.

SB

He’s refusing to resign, by the way.
Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 14:24 - Jul 24 with 3489 viewsStokieBlue

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 14:18 - Jul 24 by tampa_bay

He’s refusing to resign, by the way.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/23/entertainment/jason-spencer-who-is-america-co

He sounds awful:

Some called for Spencer's resignation last year after he warned former state Rep. LaDawn Jones, a black woman, that she would not be "met with torches but something a lot more definitive" if she continued to call for the removal of Confederate statues in south Georgia and suggested that someone who didn't understand this "will go missing in the Okefenokee" swamp.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 15:22 - Jul 24 with 3371 viewsBluesquid

As The Last Baron said earlier, Ali G and Borat were funny but now imo this is just embarrassing and cringeworthy.

They haven't been fooled, it's all part of the act and it's a really bad one at that.

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 15:28 - Jul 24 with 3352 viewsartsbossbeard

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 15:22 - Jul 24 by Bluesquid

As The Last Baron said earlier, Ali G and Borat were funny but now imo this is just embarrassing and cringeworthy.

They haven't been fooled, it's all part of the act and it's a really bad one at that.

So Jason Spencer's "act" is to come over as a racist & homophobic loon on national US TV as this will somehow aid his political career?

I believe it's supposed to be cringeworthy but probably not in the manner that you mean.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 18:13 - Jul 24 with 3206 viewstampa_bay

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 15:22 - Jul 24 by Bluesquid

As I mentioned earlier I live in Georgia. Trust me, that was the real him. He was very definitely fooled. I’d agree that it’s cringeworthy but not, unfortunately, because it’s fake.
Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 18:45 - Jul 24 with 3123 viewsDanTheMan

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 15:28 - Jul 24 by artsbossbeard

So Jason Spencer's "act" is to come over as a racist & homophobic loon on national US TV as this will somehow aid his political career?

I believe it's supposed to be cringeworthy but probably not in the manner that you mean.

No no, he thought he was actually helping. Apparently he was so terrified he turned into an ignorant moron at the drop of a hat:

"In posing as an Israeli agent, (Cohen) pretended to offer self-defense exercises. As uncomfortable as I was to participate, I agreed to, understanding that these 'techniques' were meant to help me and others fend off what I believed was an inevitable attack.

My fears were so heightened at that time, I was not thinking clearly nor could I appreciate what I was agreeing to when I participated in his 'class.' I was told I would be filmed as a 'demonstration video' to teach others the same skills in Israel. Sacha and his crew further lied to me, stating that I would be able to review and have final approval over any footage used.

I deeply regret the language I used at (Cohen's) request as well as my participation in the 'class' in general. If I had not been so distracted by my fears, I never would have agreed to participate in the first place.

I apologize to my family, friends, and the people of my district for this ridiculously ugly episode."

Amazing.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 18:53 - Jul 24 with 3102 viewsartsbossbeard

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 18:45 - Jul 24 by DanTheMan

No no, he thought he was actually helping. Apparently he was so terrified he turned into an ignorant moron at the drop of a hat:

"In posing as an Israeli agent, (Cohen) pretended to offer self-defense exercises. As uncomfortable as I was to participate, I agreed to, understanding that these 'techniques' were meant to help me and others fend off what I believed was an inevitable attack.

My fears were so heightened at that time, I was not thinking clearly nor could I appreciate what I was agreeing to when I participated in his 'class.' I was told I would be filmed as a 'demonstration video' to teach others the same skills in Israel. Sacha and his crew further lied to me, stating that I would be able to review and have final approval over any footage used.

I deeply regret the language I used at (Cohen's) request as well as my participation in the 'class' in general. If I had not been so distracted by my fears, I never would have agreed to participate in the first place.

I apologize to my family, friends, and the people of my district for this ridiculously ugly episode."

Amazing.

There's no end to this hole he's digging. Brilliant.

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 18:57 - Jul 24 with 3084 viewsartsbossbeard

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 18:13 - Jul 24 by tampa_bay

As I mentioned earlier I live in Georgia. Trust me, that was the real him. He was very definitely fooled. I’d agree that it’s cringeworthy but not, unfortunately, because it’s fake.

Hahaha! He's genuinely like this day to day? Amazing!

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 19:04 - Jul 24 with 3054 viewsSpruceMoose

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 18:57 - Jul 24 by artsbossbeard

Depressing is what it is!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 20:14 - Jul 24 with 2956 viewstampa_bay

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 18:57 - Jul 24 by artsbossbeard

Not sure if he runs around with his trousers down, fighting Muslims all day but he is a racist tool, yes.
Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 20:23 - Jul 24 with 2923 viewsDubtractor

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 18:45 - Jul 24 by DanTheMan

Amazing.

My word.

Oh my word.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 20:59 - Jul 24 with 2852 viewsSeablu

Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 15:28 - Jul 24 by artsbossbeard

These people elected Trump. You can say & do anything over there now & there'll be more than enough parochial half-wits willing to back you.
Sacha Baron Cohen at it again on 21:12 - Jul 24 with 2804 viewsLankHenners

People can say he's been doing the same tired routine for years but when the joke is on some very sh!tty people who he makes to look incredibly dumb (their excuses afterwards are gold as well) then it's really a net win.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024