Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" 08:11 - Jul 25 with 1500 viewsCotty

I love David McGoldrick. By far our most talented and entertaining player over recent years, but surely nobody who knows anything about him could say this of him? His agent has done a good job there...
"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:13 - Jul 25 with 1471 viewstextbackup

be just our luck that he plays 46 games this year tho...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:15 - Jul 25 with 1454 viewsCotty

"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:13 - Jul 25 by textbackup

I really hope he does. He deserves a clear run at a season.
"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:15 - Jul 25 with 1441 viewsWD19

He may be. Likely highest salary he has ever earned, shorter commute and only having to play 15 games a year. Doesn't sound all bad.....sounds like a pretty good year to me.....
"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:16 - Jul 25 with 1436 viewsDanFord

"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:13 - Jul 25 by textbackup

I’ll probably get abuse for this but Didz appears to be available when we have big matches or are involved in some excitement, like play off runs. His injury issues seemed to crop up when there was little to play for. It may just be that he was the reason we were up the table but I have at times questioned how bothered he was to be available for the battle to finish 14th.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:18 - Jul 25 with 1421 viewsJon_456

To be fair to him I hope he does go on to do it for his sake.

Hes put up with a fair bit of stick from people over the last couple years, even from MM suggesting its his long drives back home that have contributed to the injury.

If he does stay fit for the season I think that will confirm that either the players simply weren't fit enough under MM or the training wasn't suitable and caused far too many injuries to our players over the last 3-4 years.
"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:22 - Jul 25 with 1389 viewsGeoffSentence

"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:18 - Jul 25 by Jon_456

To be fair to him I hope he does go on to do it for his sake.

Hes put up with a fair bit of stick from people over the last couple years, even from MM suggesting its his long drives back home that have contributed to the injury.

If he does stay fit for the season I think that will confirm that either the players simply weren't fit enough under MM or the training wasn't suitable and caused far too many injuries to our players over the last 3-4 years.

As much as I was suspicious that something going on at the club was at the root of all the long term injuries, I have to say that Didz staying fit somewhere else won't confirm anything one way or the other.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:24 - Jul 25 with 1377 viewstextbackup

"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:16 - Jul 25 by DanFord

I’ll probably get abuse for this but Didz appears to be available when we have big matches or are involved in some excitement, like play off runs. His injury issues seemed to crop up when there was little to play for. It may just be that he was the reason we were up the table but I have at times questioned how bothered he was to be available for the battle to finish 14th.

if you were mcgoldrick, a very very gifted player, would you bust a gut to play in a mick McCarthy defend until you die 0-0?
I wouldn't have had any desire to try and be fit for that

"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:27 - Jul 25 with 1352 viewsDanFord

"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:24 - Jul 25 by textbackup

if you were mcgoldrick, a very very gifted player, would you bust a gut to play in a mick McCarthy defend until you die 0-0?

That’s how it came across. In a way I can’t blame him. His flair and ability was stifled under mick. Looked great in flashes but the team should be built around players like him, assuming they can stay fit. Even when he first signed and had a good run of games it wasn’t and Mcgoldrick tried to do things out of nothing.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Login to get fewer ads

"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:31 - Jul 25 with 1320 viewsSomethingBlue

"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:24 - Jul 25 by textbackup

Bit of a leap there but yes let's decide that was what McGoldrick was thinking.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:35 - Jul 25 with 1300 viewstextbackup

"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:31 - Jul 25 by SomethingBlue

lets calm down shall we, its hot I know, but I didn't say he was thinking that did I...

"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:54 - Jul 25 with 1252 viewschicoazul

Ha!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:58 - Jul 25 with 1221 viewsITFC_Forever

"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:16 - Jul 25 by DanFord

So he chose to get injured in the second half of the 2014-15 season, when we were on a run to the POs?
And if memory serves, at the time he got his injury, we were a viable candidate for the top two.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:59 - Jul 25 with 1211 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 08:31 - Jul 25 by SomethingBlue

Pretty obvious really that having signed for us under McCarthy, signed new contracts whilst McCarthy was still in charge and the left the club after McCarthy left, that he didn’t want to play for McCarthy

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 09:01 - Jul 25 with 1197 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Just like when we were at the top of the table in 2014/15

And near the top of the table last year

And doing ok early on in other seasons

Maybe, and I’m going out on a limb here, but maybe he just happened to be a bit injury prone?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

"...and he may be coming into the best years of his career" on 09:02 - Jul 25 with 1185 viewschicoazul

Yeah he probably deliberately got that massive painful hole in his groin so he wouldn't have to play at Rotherham.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024