Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serves them right 15:41 - Jul 25 with 3377 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sub human scum with their life saving interventions and selfless public service, thinking they can park where they want. Just who do they think they are?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-44951324

Bonkers

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Serves them right on 15:44 - Jul 25 with 3353 viewsDanTheMan

I'd really love to be inside the mind of the person when they thought that giving a ticket to an ambulance was a good idea.

Just their thought process from start to ticket.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Serves them right on 15:45 - Jul 25 with 3336 viewsSwansea_Blue

Serves them right on 15:44 - Jul 25 by DanTheMan

I'd really love to be inside the mind of the person when they thought that giving a ticket to an ambulance was a good idea.

You might have trouble finding a thought process!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Serves them right on 15:49 - Jul 25 with 3304 viewsSarge

It was a parking warden, a job invented to give employment to nobody’s. This is what you’d see.

Serves them right on 15:52 - Jul 25 with 3287 viewsIllinoisblue

agreed. But, that said, the bloke giving the ticket wasn't as annoying as I thought he was going to be.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Serves them right on 15:54 - Jul 25 with 3275 viewsGlasgowBlue

Playing Devil's advocate; The ambulance is clearly blocking the vision of pedestrians and drivers in the car park. If somebody tried to cross the road an oncoming vehicle wouldn't see them.

She wasn't attending an emergency and wanted to buy some water. If the ambulance doesn't fit in a normal space then why not stop at a petrol station to buy the water?

If this was a banker or an Estate Agent would people be defending this?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Serves them right on 16:01 - Jul 25 with 3220 viewsBinner

Serves them right on 15:54 - Jul 25 by GlasgowBlue

Playing Devil's advocate; The ambulance is clearly blocking the vision of pedestrians and drivers in the car park. If somebody tried to cross the road an oncoming vehicle wouldn't see them.

She wasn't attending an emergency and wanted to buy some water. If the ambulance doesn't fit in a normal space then why not stop at a petrol station to buy the water?

And if it were a police car parking on double yellow lines to pop into the shop for drink wouldn't people think it wrong?

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Serves them right on 16:04 - Jul 25 with 3201 viewsagentp

Thing is in this hot weather they are rushed off their feet. Yeah they could drive around and find somewhere suitable which will probably mean being pulled away on another shout. With those guys it's get it when you can. I find it hard to believe anyone would begrudge them the chance to rehydrate when they can.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Serves them right on 16:17 - Jul 25 with 3153 viewsGarv

The only argument I would give to this is if the warden is under strict instructions and pressure to issue tickets where applicable and this meets the criteria (surely he would be told if Ambulances were off limits) then he's done his job. If the individual has just got it wrong then its a different matter.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

Serves them right on 16:22 - Jul 25 with 3135 viewsDeano69

Seems odd to me that an ambulance doesn't carry drinking water, especially at the moment, crew and patients.

Either way, crazy jobsworth.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Serves them right on 16:22 - Jul 25 with 3133 viewsKeno

I dont know many bankers or an Estate Agents who would would pop into a supermarket to buy bottle of water after saving the life of child having a reaction to a bee sting and 15 seconds before a call asking them to attend a serious RTA where they might have to give palliative care to crash victim and triage the other 6 people affected

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Serves them right on 16:25 - Jul 25 with 3121 viewsDeano69

Serves them right on 16:22 - Jul 25 by Keno

I dont know many bankers or an Estate Agents who would would pop into a supermarket to buy bottle of water after saving the life of child having a reaction to a bee sting and 15 seconds before a call asking them to attend a serious RTA where they might have to give palliative care to crash victim and triage the other 6 people affected

Sometimes they have to change the board outside a house from 'For Sale' to 'Sold', I mean, what could be more important than that.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Serves them right on 16:26 - Jul 25 with 3113 viewsGlasgowBlue

Serves them right on 16:22 - Jul 25 by Keno

Or attend an accident where a young child walks in front of a car because they couldn't see the oncoming vehicle due to an ambulance blocking their vision.

A ticket shouldn't be issued but that is irresponsible parking whatever way you may look at it.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Serves them right on 16:26 - Jul 25 with 3104 viewsKeno

Serves them right on 16:25 - Jul 25 by Deano69

Sometimes they have to change the board outside a house from 'For Sale' to 'Sold', I mean, what could be more important than that.

true, how do they cope!!!

Serves them right on 16:28 - Jul 25 with 3090 viewsKeno

Serves them right on 16:26 - Jul 25 by GlasgowBlue

Or attend an accident where a young child walks in front of a car because they couldn't see the oncoming vehicle due to an ambulance blocking their vision.

A ticket shouldn't be issued but that is irresponsible parking whatever way you may look at it.

well at least they would be there to deal it with child

and hopefully hopefully explain to the Childs parent or guardian the need to keep the child under proper supervision

Serves them right on 16:31 - Jul 25 with 3077 viewsGeoffSentence

And they weren't on a call, just popped in to get some water. They've been caught bang to rights. Why don't these entitled idiots just pay the fine?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Serves them right on 17:09 - Jul 25 with 2976 viewsPinewoodblue

Serves them right on 16:31 - Jul 25 by GeoffSentence

And they weren't on a call, just popped in to get some water. They've been caught bang to rights. Why don't these entitled idiots just pay the fine?

They both popped in neither stayed with the vehicle. If I did it would be annoyed with myself for being lazy and taking a chance.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Serves them right on 17:40 - Jul 25 with 2904 viewsitfcjoe

I don't think warden has done much wrong, one of them should have sat in the ambulance whilst the other ran in to grab the water.

Ambulances are often parked terribly, but you just let them get on with it - one was blocking my road for an hour on Saturday night - my neighbour at number 3 had had a fall. But the road goes down to number 71 so a lot of cars weren't able to get home on a Saturday night.

The driver came out and moved it 2 or 3 times rather than just park properly. And then when they had finished they sat outside my house with the engine running for 45 minutes!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Serves them right on 17:42 - Jul 25 with 2891 viewsSpruceMoose

Serves them right on 16:26 - Jul 25 by GlasgowBlue

I mean, at least they'd get a pretty quick response time!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Serves them right on 20:55 - Jul 25 with 2713 viewsm14_blue

For me, the guy should have used a bit of common sense and waited a few minutes for them to get their water, maybe had a word to say be more careful next time.

However, he's also becoming the subject of a social media witch hunt up here which is completely moronic.
Serves them right on 21:07 - Jul 25 with 2681 viewsHennikerBlu

I always understood that they could pretty much part where they like when dealing with an emergency or dealing with a patient, as long as it was safe to do so, but had to obey the rules when not.

This seems to suggest the Ambulance was illegally parked:
https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/25/can-ambulances-park-double-yellow-lines-traffic-w

" 'Ambulances are allowed to park on white or yellow lines providing they are engaged on official duties, e.g. it was necessary to park at that point to carry out essential duties or to be as close as possible to the patient they are treating. ‘Our ambulance crews are trained to ensure that they park vehicles in such a way that will not cause a nuisance to other road users but also ensure that there is no delay in attending the patient.’ "

"The question is, was the paramedic ‘engaged on official duties’ whilst she was on duty but not attending to an emergency? It certainly seems that it wasn’t ‘necessary to park at that point to carry out essential duties’. West Midlands Police, whilst clearly referring to police cars, may have cleared this up on their website. ‘The Highway Code states that traffic laws apply to everyone, even police cars. ‘The police are only allowed to stop on double yellows if they are dealing with a motorist or attending an emergency. ‘ "

Probably the Metro has looked into it more deeply because of the traffic issues in London. I am of the view that discretion could easily have been used, equally, I don't like the way everyone 'seems' to want to make a fool out of the Parking Attendant (in the press), including his own HR function, when clearly a quiet word would have sufficed especially as the ticket was promptly withdrawn/cancelled.

The ambulance and paramedic crews of course do a fantastic job!
Serves them right on 21:21 - Jul 25 with 2642 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Whilst commonsense probably dictates a ticket shouldn't have been issued, you can make a case for the traffic warden.

I agree with the points GB and Joe have made in this thread. Certainly don't think the warden is a villain and he handled the situation quite well.

Poll: Best Football Song

Serves them right on 21:22 - Jul 25 with 2636 viewsBrixtonBlue

Vehicles parked on roads where there AREN'T parking restrictions also obscure views. The trick is to look properly when you cross, wherever you are.

Common sense. Which is what the parking attendant should've applied.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024