Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 1 & 2 12:31 - Jul 26 with 1837 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Who is everyone backing to win League 1 and League 2 this season?

Just putting an acca together at the moment, I have:

Wolves top half finish 11/10
Boro to win the Championship 8/1

League 1 is very tough. Sunderland are the bookies favourites but are a huge unknown with the appointment of Jack Ross, amount of deadwood, but also a few capable Championship players.

The same can be said of Barnsley. I know nothing of their manager but they have a very good squad for that level.

Portsmouth are my outside bet, I'd like to see them do it. Can't see Burton coming straight back up.

League 2 I am tied between MK Dons and Notts County. Tisdale is a very good appointment for the Dons and they have got a fair bit of financial backing, and only just missed out last year, I believe. But it's MK Dons - can I really back them?
Notts County lost to Coventry in the play-offs last season, who eventually went up in the final and have bolstered their squad well.
League 1 & 2 on 12:32 - Jul 26 with 1830 viewsOsborneOneNil

I’ve backed Barnsley and Notts County.
League 1 & 2 on 12:34 - Jul 26 with 1821 viewsSuperblue95

I've an each way treble of Man City Sunderland and MK Dons to win their divisions

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

League 1 & 2 on 12:34 - Jul 26 with 1813 viewsKieran_Knows

I don't know why, but I think Sunderland might struggle, so I'd probably go for either Charlton or Barnsley to win it.

I reckon Notts County for League 2, they've brought in some very good players this summer.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

League 1 & 2 on 12:37 - Jul 26 with 1797 viewsTractorCam

Boro to win the championship?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

League 1 & 2 on 13:21 - Jul 26 with 1685 viewsFtnfwest

Luton League 1
League 1 & 2 on 13:31 - Jul 26 with 1663 viewsSuperfrans

Worth checking out the Not The Top 20 podcast - they have done a string of betting reviews for the 3 EFL divisions. They seem to think MK Dons are the stand-out team in League 2, with 'Boro leading the way in the Championship.

Interestingly, one of the pundits had high hopes for us - he seems to rate Hurst very highly and felt that we have made the right kind of signings (Edwards being a top example).

It's on iTunes, but also on Soundcloud here:
https://soundcloud.com/ntt20pod

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

League 1 & 2 on 13:48 - Jul 26 with 1635 viewsitfcjoe

Sunderland's odds are so short there is no value in them - they are just as likely to struggle despite massive budget. I'd avoid them.

I've backed Lincoln e/w for League 2

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

League 1 & 2 on 15:46 - Jul 26 with 1570 viewsSuperfrans

League 1 & 2 on 13:48 - Jul 26 by itfcjoe

Sunderland's odds are so short there is no value in them - they are just as likely to struggle despite massive budget. I'd avoid them.

Best bets were considered to be Reading or Hull to get relegated at 5-1 each.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

League 1 & 2 on 16:17 - Jul 26 with 1520 viewsmadmouse1959

Keep an eye out for Oxford Utd. Colchester have had a good pre-season so far. Chesterfield will do well in the National League.

shampoo dave

League 1 & 2 on 18:42 - Jul 26 with 1450 viewsTendring_Blue

League 1 & 2 on 13:48 - Jul 26 by itfcjoe

Lincoln are a good bet. Was at Coventry v Lincoln last season. Coventry played some lovely football, Lincoln win 4-2 with their anti football approach. It works well in league 2.

Tranmere to make the playoffs. Is my random league 2 prediction.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 18:43]
League 1 & 2 on 18:50 - Jul 26 with 1436 viewstractordownsouth

League 1 & 2 on 18:42 - Jul 26 by Tendring_Blue

Lincoln are a good bet. Was at Coventry v Lincoln last season. Coventry played some lovely football, Lincoln win 4-2 with their anti football approach. It works well in league 2.

Tranmere to make the playoffs. Is my random league 2 prediction.
[Post edited 26 Jul 2018 18:43]

' Anti- Footbal' is a phrase that drives me nuts. As long as players play within the laws of the game, that is fine. It's the way clubs with small resources have to play to compete with he big teams - look at ourselves in 2014/15.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024