Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farage being casually antisemitic 17:10 - Jul 27 with 9999 viewsHerbivore

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-russia-jewish-farage-brexit-698486?amp=1&__twitte

Not much coverage of this. Interesting that he's made the remarks whilst trying to downplay the threat of Russian interference.........

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Farage being casually antisemitic on 17:20 - Jul 27 with 4434 viewsZedRodgers

How dare Jeremy Corbyn allow this to happen

No, not at the moment

Farage being casually antisemitic on 17:47 - Jul 27 with 4405 viewsBlueBadger

Not a lot 'casual' about that, that's pretty much straight out of the far-right for dummies textbook.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Farage being casually antisemitic on 17:53 - Jul 27 with 4384 viewsHerbivore

Farage being casually antisemitic on 17:47 - Jul 27 by BlueBadger

Not a lot 'casual' about that, that's pretty much straight out of the far-right for dummies textbook.

Indeed. Surprisingly little noise about it, which is somewhat worrying.

Farage being casually antisemitic on 17:54 - Jul 27 with 4379 viewsm14_blue

Racists gonna racist
Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:06 - Jul 27 with 4361 viewsGlasgowBlue

That isn't casual antisemtism. It is plain out and out antisemitism.

He's a disgrace and should be sacked by LBC immediately.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:09 - Jul 27 with 4349 viewsGlasgowBlue

Farage being casually antisemitic on 17:53 - Jul 27 by Herbivore

Indeed. Surprisingly little noise about it, which is somewhat worrying.

Perhaps if there were daily instances of this sort of stuff on social media from UKip members and Farage was in a position to potentially be the next Prime Minister then it would probably gain more publicity.

Well done for highlighting antisemitsm though Herbie. Especially as you have spent the past two years either denying and swerving it from the Labour party or dismissing ot as smears.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 18:10]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:17 - Jul 27 with 4335 viewsHerbivore

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:09 - Jul 27 by GlasgowBlue

Perhaps if there were daily instances of this sort of stuff on social media from UKip members and Farage was in a position to potentially be the next Prime Minister then it would probably gain more publicity.

Well done for highlighting antisemitsm though Herbie. Especially as you have spent the past two years either denying and swerving it from the Labour party or dismissing ot as smears.

Oh dear. More lies from you and more evidence that anti-Semitism is nothing more than a political football to you. Very sad.

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:20 - Jul 27 with 4320 viewsSpruceMoose

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:17 - Jul 27 by Herbivore

Oh dear. More lies from you and more evidence that anti-Semitism is nothing more than a political football to you. Very sad.

As an uninvolved observer of these threads, it does sometimes seems that legitimate concerns are being used for cheap point scoring, or to fuel ongoing spats. Occasionally on both sides, to be fair.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:21 - Jul 27 with 4327 viewsStokieBlue

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:20 - Jul 27 by SpruceMoose

As an uninvolved observer of these threads, it does sometimes seems that legitimate concerns are being used for cheap point scoring, or to fuel ongoing spats. Occasionally on both sides, to be fair.

Always on both sides.

Two ideologically diametric positions which are irreconcilable.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:22 - Jul 27 with 4326 viewsBlueBadger

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:20 - Jul 27 by SpruceMoose

Personally, I'm convinced there's as big a problem with antisemitism within the Labour party as some would suggest but it IS there. And it's been compounded by The Dear Leader's failure to well, lead when faced with prominent serial offenders such as Ken Livingstone. Who allowed to quietly resigned rather than actually face any serious disciplinary procedures.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:22 - Jul 27 with 4308 viewsSpruceMoose

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:21 - Jul 27 by StokieBlue

Always on both sides.

Two ideologically diametric positions which are irreconcilable.

SB

Sorry I phrased that badly. I mean, occasionally it seems that way, and yes, when it does it can be from either side.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:24 - Jul 27 with 4315 viewsHerbivore

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:22 - Jul 27 by BlueBadger

Personally, I'm convinced there's as big a problem with antisemitism within the Labour party as some would suggest but it IS there. And it's been compounded by The Dear Leader's failure to well, lead when faced with prominent serial offenders such as Ken Livingstone. Who allowed to quietly resigned rather than actually face any serious disciplinary procedures.

Contrary to what some say, I'm not sure anyone has actually denied there's an issue with anti-Semitism in the Labour party. Sadly it's something that seems to be creeping back into society, looking at these comments from Farage too which suggest that it's still alive and well on the right too.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 18:26]

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:25 - Jul 27 with 4315 viewsbrogansnose

Farage being casually antisemitic on 17:20 - Jul 27 by ZedRodgers

How dare Jeremy Corbyn allow this to happen

Don't be so damn silly. What the scheisse bag Farage has said is dreadful but it's yo be expected from the so called alt right. What I expect is better from the Labour Party. Adopt the moral high ground by eradicating it from Labour.

Farage should be sacked.
Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:28 - Jul 27 with 4298 viewsBlueBadger

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:24 - Jul 27 by Herbivore

Contrary to what some say, I'm not sure anyone has actually denied there's an issue with anti-Semitism in the Labour party. Sadly it's something that seems to be creeping back into society, looking at these comments from Farage too which suggest that it's still alive and well on the right too.

It would never have been an issue had famously black and Jewish TWTD poster and Labour activist Facey not died of AIDS after missing just one week's test.
You'd certainly not see him on here flat denying it.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 18:39]

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:30 - Jul 27 with 4275 viewsHerbivore

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:25 - Jul 27 by brogansnose

Don't be so damn silly. What the scheisse bag Farage has said is dreadful but it's yo be expected from the so called alt right. What I expect is better from the Labour Party. Adopt the moral high ground by eradicating it from Labour.

Farage should be sacked.

Good points, although I do worry that the expectation of antisemitism from the alt right is a worry. It almost normalises it for a certain section of society and that shouldn't be right. The lack of mainstream press coverage of Farage's comments is slightly troubling. To be fair, the mainstream media made very little of the Jewish press raising concerns about Labour the other day either. It makes me wonder whether certain sections of the media turning antisemitism into a political rather than a moral issue has weakened its impact and trivialized it.

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:36 - Jul 27 with 4255 viewsbournemouthblue

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:24 - Jul 27 by Herbivore

There's a far bigger problem on the right than there is on the left with anti-semitism for obvious reasons but again this isn't highlighted in the media a great deal

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:41 - Jul 27 with 4237 viewsbrogansnose

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:30 - Jul 27 by Herbivore

Good points, although I do worry that the expectation of antisemitism from the alt right is a worry. It almost normalises it for a certain section of society and that shouldn't be right. The lack of mainstream press coverage of Farage's comments is slightly troubling. To be fair, the mainstream media made very little of the Jewish press raising concerns about Labour the other day either. It makes me wonder whether certain sections of the media turning antisemitism into a political rather than a moral issue has weakened its impact and trivialized it.

I agree Herbie, there is an element of the mainstream press is using a antisemitism in the Labour party as a stick to beat it. Deal with it though and go on the offensive and show that Labour is for all. At the minute not dealing with it lets scum like Farage off the hook as he can point the finger the other way.
Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:42 - Jul 27 with 4237 viewsHerbivore

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:36 - Jul 27 by bournemouthblue

There's a far bigger problem on the right than there is on the left with anti-semitism for obvious reasons but again this isn't highlighted in the media a great deal

And that has to be an issue, surely? Because views that would traditionally be considered quite far right - including both antisemitism and Islamophobia as well as misogyny and white supremacy - seem to be on the rise globally. It's not just an issue in the US with Trump and a section of his followers, such views and their popularization are either being ignored or normalised. The idea that anti-Semitism should almost be 'expected' from someone like Farage is quite worrying, it almost makes it okay for someone who holds his views to say those things. The press should be all over it, showing him up for the nasty racist that he is.

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:46 - Jul 27 with 4226 viewstractordownsouth

To be fair, the supposed lack of media coverage is probably due to the fact that this article is from November 2017. Not that that excuses the awful Anti- Semitism. Mind you, it still probably doesn't make Nige's top 5 most racist moments.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:49 - Jul 27 with 4216 viewsHerbivore

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:41 - Jul 27 by brogansnose

I agree Herbie, there is an element of the mainstream press is using a antisemitism in the Labour party as a stick to beat it. Deal with it though and go on the offensive and show that Labour is for all. At the minute not dealing with it lets scum like Farage off the hook as he can point the finger the other way.

I agree Corbyn could and should have dealt with it more robustly. I think one issue in the UK is that the press is so politicised and once it gets hold of something it won't let go, regardless of how he deals with it from here. Labour could clamp down hard on it and sections of the media will continue to rehash stories to present Labour as continuing to have a problem, all the while ignoring the creeping threat of the far-ish right.

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:50 - Jul 27 with 4214 viewsHerbivore

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:46 - Jul 27 by tractordownsouth

To be fair, the supposed lack of media coverage is probably due to the fact that this article is from November 2017. Not that that excuses the awful Anti- Semitism. Mind you, it still probably doesn't make Nige's top 5 most racist moments.

I saw it posted on Twitter today so assumed it was more current. Still, don't remember it causing even a ripple 9 months ago either.

Farage being casually antisemitic on 19:00 - Jul 27 with 4191 viewsbrogansnose

Farage being casually antisemitic on 18:49 - Jul 27 by Herbivore

I agree Corbyn could and should have dealt with it more robustly. I think one issue in the UK is that the press is so politicised and once it gets hold of something it won't let go, regardless of how he deals with it from here. Labour could clamp down hard on it and sections of the media will continue to rehash stories to present Labour as continuing to have a problem, all the while ignoring the creeping threat of the far-ish right.

The press is politicised the world over. What is more worrying is how different groupings, mainly the alt right, are setting the agenda in the media and labour not deal g with this sets it on the back foot.
Farage being casually antisemitic on 19:06 - Jul 27 with 4175 viewsBlueBadger

Just in case Callis pops up, I'll leave this here.
https://neckbearddeathcamp.bandcamp.com/releases

Farage being casually antisemitic on 19:10 - Jul 27 with 4170 viewsBlueBadger

In all fairness, when Farage WAS leader of UKIP he was distinctly ambivalent about the endless amounts of vile utterances coming from his followers.

Farage being casually antisemitic on 19:15 - Jul 27 with 4156 viewsZedRodgers

You have some nerve

No, not at the moment

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024