Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To those thinking we may need another central defender.... 11:09 - Jul 28 with 1342 viewsmuccletonjoe

Let's get things straightened out a bit. Who in the championship are likely to struggle this season , Bolton , maybe , Birmingham? , a possibility. But if I was to pick one club it would be Rotherham, who arrived via an extra time play off final.
Rotherham have 6 (six) recognised central defenders, 3 left backs , and 3 right backs. Now I don't want to get into the quality of said players but I think everyone can agree , however good or bad they are , they are still going to beat having nothing at all.
Evans should have this manager equipped with a full squad by now, no hiding place whatsoever if we get to next Saturday in this state.
To those thinking we may need another central defender.... on 11:22 - Jul 28 with 1235 viewsjpring89

I think we will get players in though I know it looks thin now but it’s not like the transfer window has shut. If we’re in this position after it shuts then I would be concerned. There is the loan window also.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

To those thinking we may need another central defender.... on 11:23 - Jul 28 with 1228 viewsWallingford_Boy

Woolfie and Chambo will do me, with Spence/Chalobah/Knudsen as cover.

A right back though....

RIP Sir Bobby

To those thinking we may need another central defender.... on 11:32 - Jul 28 with 1180 viewsSimonds92

To those thinking we may need another central defender.... on 11:22 - Jul 28 by jpring89

I think we will get players in though I know it looks thin now but it’s not like the transfer window has shut. If we’re in this position after it shuts then I would be concerned. There is the loan window also.

We might do, the way we do our business though we'll probably sign them after the Blackburn game. Whoever comes in i wouldnt expect them to play for a couple of weeks because they havent been integrated into the team. All effectively because we are trying to save 200,000? We may even miss out on our top 2 or 3 targets because we've taken so long. Surely its worth paying the extra to get the player in early and ensure that you get your top target. The loan window doesn't exist anymore does it?
To those thinking we may need another central defender.... on 11:33 - Jul 28 with 1177 viewsCoachRob

Hurst wants to play and ball playing central defenders are going to cost, maybe try converting a centre mid to play there.
To those thinking we may need another central defender.... on 11:50 - Jul 28 with 1090 viewsmonty_radio

To those thinking we may need another central defender.... on 11:33 - Jul 28 by CoachRob

Hurst wants to play and ball playing central defenders are going to cost, maybe try converting a centre mid to play there.

Looking at our current squad, even if Hurst considered converting one of our midfielders, only Downes really has the height for it. I do think it's surprising how rarely players are successfully converted as to position. Malcolm MacDonald was one, changed from full-back to rampaging (England) Centre-Forward, but it's rare at the top levels.

Looking again at our current squad I have sometimes wondered whether Emmanuel might make it into a no 9 - probably not, but I wonder how often modern coaches consider such a thing?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2018 12:58]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

To those thinking we may need another central defender.... on 12:13 - Jul 28 with 970 viewsCoachRob

To those thinking we may need another central defender.... on 11:50 - Jul 28 by monty_radio

Looking at our current squad, even if Hurst considered converting one of our midfielders, only Downes really has the height for it. I do think it's surprising how rarely players are successfully converted as to position. Malcolm MacDonald was one, changed from full-back to rampaging (England) Centre-Forward, but it's rare at the top levels.

Looking again at our current squad I have sometimes wondered whether Emmanuel might make it into a no 9 - probably not, but I wonder how often modern coaches consider such a thing?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2018 12:58]

John Terry started out as a centre mid, Fabio Cannavaro was 5'9" and a former world player of the year so height is not as important as some suggest. I think modern coaches are looking closely at fluidity in a players position more and more, especially at a club like Ipswich that is financially challenged and unable to fund a big squad.
To those thinking we may need another central defender.... on 12:42 - Jul 28 with 887 viewsbraveblue

To those thinking we may need another central defender.... on 11:23 - Jul 28 by Wallingford_Boy

Woolfie and Chambo will do me, with Spence/Chalobah/Knudsen as cover.

A right back though....

So 2 out of position and one young loanee. Ambitious.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024