Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Compare Waghorn to Murphy 13:10 - Jul 29 with 1653 viewsrexron

Then I think its best for his career to stay with Ipswich. To a degree they have quite similar careers. Late bloomers that needed to stay in Ipswich to blossom. Waghorm might score more goals this season. Stability is best for him now. Well thats what I think...

Poll: Who would you prefer as manager for Ipswich Town?

Compare Waghorn to Murphy on 13:11 - Jul 29 with 1629 viewsElderGrizzly

Both their bank balances might disagree
Compare Waghorn to Murphy on 13:12 - Jul 29 with 1627 viewschicoazul

Football is just a job to footballers.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Compare Waghorn to Murphy on 13:21 - Jul 29 with 1586 viewsBloomBlue

Murphy was earning 6 times more at Newcastle, he made the right decision to leave Town. Same for Waghorn, he'll earn more.
Compare Waghorn to Murphy on 13:22 - Jul 29 with 1586 viewsmonty_radio

I think Murphy owed us nothing. He'd rewarded us handsomely over time and deserved a last hurrah with a big wage-packet.

Waghorn is younger and his future less defined than Murph was when he departed.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Compare Waghorn to Murphy on 14:28 - Jul 29 with 1455 viewsGuthrum

Thing is, I'd understand it more if he was to go to a Prem side - even a lower ranked one. They could do at least as well on the multiplication of wages front, with the added prestige of playing in the top tier.

Not so sure about what is pretty much a sideways move to somewhere like Derby or Sheff U. Their chances of promotion, pased on previous seasons, are not so much greater than ours. At least Murphy to Newcastle represented a nearly cast iron likelihood of going up. So it would just be about the money, with even that not being what he could get the next level up.

I suspect there hasn't (yet) been the interest from Prem sides which might really trigger a move. Unless he genuinely somehow doesn't fit into the Paul Hurst "system" at all.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Compare Waghorn to Murphy on 14:42 - Jul 29 with 1410 viewshomer_123

Compare Waghorn to Murphy on 14:28 - Jul 29 by Guthrum

Thing is, I'd understand it more if he was to go to a Prem side - even a lower ranked one. They could do at least as well on the multiplication of wages front, with the added prestige of playing in the top tier.

Not so sure about what is pretty much a sideways move to somewhere like Derby or Sheff U. Their chances of promotion, pased on previous seasons, are not so much greater than ours. At least Murphy to Newcastle represented a nearly cast iron likelihood of going up. So it would just be about the money, with even that not being what he could get the next level up.

I suspect there hasn't (yet) been the interest from Prem sides which might really trigger a move. Unless he genuinely somehow doesn't fit into the Paul Hurst "system" at all.

Or he wants a move as he feels he's progressed as much as he can here and doesn't think we stand a realistic chance of promotion the near future and wants to cash in on his decent year.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Compare Waghorn to Murphy on 14:47 - Jul 29 with 1384 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Compare Waghorn to Murphy on 14:28 - Jul 29 by Guthrum

or he genuinely wants to be up north … just possible.

I think Hurst has had a good look at what we are like without him and is very clear about how much he will want and who he would look at as a replacement.

I suspect whatever happens Waghorn will not play on the first day. He might be on the bench if there is no firm interest at the valuation.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Compare Waghorn to Murphy on 16:33 - Jul 29 with 1229 viewsGuthrum

Compare Waghorn to Murphy on 14:47 - Jul 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

or he genuinely wants to be up north … just possible.

I think Hurst has had a good look at what we are like without him and is very clear about how much he will want and who he would look at as a replacement.

I suspect whatever happens Waghorn will not play on the first day. He might be on the bench if there is no firm interest at the valuation.

The North is a big place. Going to Sheff U, let alone Derby, is barely more than half-way to Tyneside from whence he originally hails.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024