Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waggy going this week 16:41 - Jul 29 with 9959 viewsThe_Snake

Already had offers of +£20k wages, effectively doubling his current salary. More a question of which club rather than when.

If we can secure another Harrison-type signing on the back of it I’d be more than happy given yesterday’s performance. And of course, there would be scope for other significant investment.

Waggy’s a great player, if we were going set up to play 4 4 2 I’d be more devastated to lose him.

Sooner the deal’s done the better for all concerned.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 16:49]
So, Waggy going this week on 16:42 - Jul 29 with 6065 viewsSpruceMoose

Definitely info?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So, Waggy going this week on 16:43 - Jul 29 with 6041 viewsblueislander

So, Waggy going this week on 16:42 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

Definitely info?

Defo info garnered from Twitter or Facebook I imagine.
So, Waggy going this week on 16:44 - Jul 29 with 6020 viewsSpruceMoose

So, Waggy going this week on 16:43 - Jul 29 by blueislander

Well if Joe Garner is putting it on social media it must be true.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

So, Waggy going this week on 16:45 - Jul 29 with 5993 viewsfabian_illness

As you know so much info, are you the super agent Jorge Mendes?
So, Waggy going this week on 16:45 - Jul 29 with 6002 viewsGuthrum

I'm still not convinced. Moreover the club may not be willing to let him depart without a replacement already in the door (after what happened with Murphy).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So, Waggy going this week on 16:46 - Jul 29 with 5990 viewspabloisgod

I have heard on the QT that it was Waghorn himself that asked not to play in the Mk Dons game and the West Ham game not Hurst

He is definately off and the sooner it happens the better for me and we can get 3/4 quality lower league bodies in which whilst a gamble is our only way of making this club competitive again.

Sounds like Tilt is happening which is very exciting
So, Waggy going this week on 16:46 - Jul 29 with 5980 viewsSpruceMoose

So, Waggy going this week on 16:45 - Jul 29 by Guthrum

I'm still not convinced. Moreover the club may not be willing to let him depart without a replacement already in the door (after what happened with Murphy).

If he hasn't asked for a transfer, and we haven't been offered super silly money, I don't see why we would sell.

So, Waggy going this week on 16:47 - Jul 29 with 5969 viewsThe_Snake

So, Waggy going this week on 16:42 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

Definitely info?

As good as. Obviously can’t say too much here, but feel free to shoot me down next week if it doesn’t happen.

Club doing their utmost to get the best deal, two front-runners.

Clearly trying to get it finalised quickly.
Login to get fewer ads

So, Waggy going this week on 16:47 - Jul 29 with 5959 viewsfabian_illness

PS, don’t you just hate it when people start a sentence with ‘So....’
So, Waggy going this week on 16:48 - Jul 29 with 5941 viewsThe_Snake

So, Waggy going this week on 16:43 - Jul 29 by blueislander

Not at all.
So, Waggy going this week on 16:48 - Jul 29 with 5941 viewshomer_123

So, Waggy going this week on 16:46 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

If he hasn't asked for a transfer, and we haven't been offered super silly money, I don't see why we would sell.

Hurst has stated he wants significant changes to the squad....he needs funds.

Waghorn is a player we can sell....it's straightforward really.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

So, Waggy going this week on 16:48 - Jul 29 with 5939 viewsSpruceMoose

So, Waggy going this week on 16:47 - Jul 29 by The_Snake

As good as. Obviously can’t say too much here, but feel free to shoot me down next week if it doesn’t happen.

Club doing their utmost to get the best deal, two front-runners.

Clearly trying to get it finalised quickly.

Why is it obvious that you can't say too much? Sh1t or get off the pot I say!

Is it the same kind of def info as when you said our new manager would be an ex ipswich player?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 16:50]

So, Waggy going this week on 16:49 - Jul 29 with 5906 viewsThe_Snake

So, Waggy going this week on 16:47 - Jul 29 by fabian_illness

Indeed, thanks for pointing that out.
So, Waggy going this week on 16:52 - Jul 29 with 5843 viewsGuthrum

So, Waggy going this week on 16:48 - Jul 29 by homer_123

Hurst has stated he wants significant changes to the squad....he needs funds.

Waghorn is a player we can sell....it's straightforward really.

Against that must be set the quality of the player we'd be losing (and, with the suitors previously linked, one of our direct rivals gaining).

So, Waggy going this week on 16:59 - Jul 29 with 5702 viewshomer_123

So, Waggy going this week on 16:52 - Jul 29 by Guthrum

Against that must be set the quality of the player we'd be losing (and, with the suitors previously linked, one of our direct rivals gaining).

But as I stated in reply to you earlier...you also need to factor in Waghorn, his age and what he thinks of Hurst and Town.

If Hurst needs funds, the only other player of any notable value is Bart.

Maybe Hurst sees Waghorn as more easily replaceable or Waghorn doesn't fit his approach and therefore a direct replacement isn't needed.

I'm less bothered as last season is such an outlier for Waghorn both in terms of goals and wider contribution.

The other reason we are likely holding out for more money is the fact I bet a Rangers have a sell on clause.

So, Waggy going this week on 17:08 - Jul 29 with 5549 viewsWebbyWebster

So, Waggy going this week on 16:59 - Jul 29 by homer_123

But as I stated in reply to you earlier...you also need to factor in Waghorn, his age and what he thinks of Hurst and Town.

Maybe Hurst sees Waghorn as more easily replaceable or Waghorn doesn't fit his approach and therefore a direct replacement isn't needed.

I'm less bothered as last season is such an outlier for Waghorn both in terms of goals and wider contribution.

The other reason we are likely holding out for more money is the fact I bet a Rangers have a sell on clause.

The sell on clause is 10% there was an article on here a while back
So, Waggy going this week on 17:11 - Jul 29 with 5507 viewsMullet

Rangers do indeed get a windfall as Phil reported. Even so he raises more cash than Knudsen and Garner combined.

I suspect if Hurst could get rid of Adeyemi/Huws/Bishop and free up wages that way he would, looking at how he operates. The one thing that baffles me is this myth that Waghorn simply doesn’t “fit” Hurst’s system given what we saw he could do last season, what he did at Rangers and Leicester both out wide and up top respecively.

When you look at all of that, it’s clear that’s a lie and I think a fan fiction rather than from Hurst directly, to justify what is essentially the only way a new manager can get funds under Evans to remodel.

FWIW it’s pretty clear with Blunts bidding, Derby too and Boro circling we’ll see Waghorn want to leave if a move doesn’t materialise because you sense neither PH or Evans will want to raise his wages so much and make that commitment for someone who is heading for 30 by the time his current deal is up.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Waggy going this week on 17:11 - Jul 29 with 5503 viewsWestover

He has had offers of + 20k a week in wages from other teams? Such as who? No permission or fee agreed they will be in big trouble won't they;-)
So, Waggy going this week on 17:15 - Jul 29 with 5428 viewshomer_123

So, Waggy going this week on 17:11 - Jul 29 by Mullet

Rangers do indeed get a windfall as Phil reported. Even so he raises more cash than Knudsen and Garner combined.

I suspect if Hurst could get rid of Adeyemi/Huws/Bishop and free up wages that way he would, looking at how he operates. The one thing that baffles me is this myth that Waghorn simply doesn’t “fit” Hurst’s system given what we saw he could do last season, what he did at Rangers and Leicester both out wide and up top respecively.

When you look at all of that, it’s clear that’s a lie and I think a fan fiction rather than from Hurst directly, to justify what is essentially the only way a new manager can get funds under Evans to remodel.

FWIW it’s pretty clear with Blunts bidding, Derby too and Boro circling we’ll see Waghorn want to leave if a move doesn’t materialise because you sense neither PH or Evans will want to raise his wages so much and make that commitment for someone who is heading for 30 by the time his current deal is up.

As I say, Waghorn is the next most saleable to Bart. So you can see why.

But I also think there is something here about Waghorn wanting to move or at least look at options. He's 28/29, getting close to the point where big contracts get less likely.

He also may not share in Hurst confidence or approach but that is conjecture on my part.

I agree that Waghorn not fitting a Hurst system seems unlikely. I think much more to do with a Hurst needing funds and Waghorn getting a huge pay rise.

I agree that Hurst and Evans wouldn't want Waghorn on such silly wages as to stop players coming in.

So, Waggy going this week on 17:21 - Jul 29 with 5341 viewsGuthrum

Waghorn isn't that old (28). He may not have achieved the heights of last season very often, but neither was it unique in having a decent return (Leicester in 2009-10 and Rangers in 2015-16). It also included something of a goal drought when our midfield supply line collapsed and he was left chasing long balls into the channel with no support.

He may, indeed, not fit in with Hurst's system. Tho I don't really see how a hard-working instinctive finisher wouldn't. Think we'd be doing quite well to get another Waghorn for the same sort of money.

The player himself might wish to go. That's a different matter and I think will be the key determining factor if he does go.

We're holding out for a big fee because we don't want to undersell one of our more valuable players. If we do have to lose his services (and we don't need to, as such), we may as well get the maximum possible return.

So, Waggy going this week on 17:24 - Jul 29 with 5299 viewsJimmyJazz

So, Waggy going this week on 17:15 - Jul 29 by homer_123

But I also think there is something here about Waghorn wanting to move or at least look at options. He's 28/29, getting close to the point where big contracts get less likely.

He also may not share in Hurst confidence or approach but that is conjecture on my part.

I agree that Waghorn not fitting a Hurst system seems unlikely. I think much more to do with a Hurst needing funds and Waghorn getting a huge pay rise.

I agree that Hurst and Evans wouldn't want Waghorn on such silly wages as to stop players coming in.

Maybe Waghorn wants some kind of parity in wages to Bart? Think we either sell or offer a new contract which he finds acceptable

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

So, Waggy going this week on 17:26 - Jul 29 with 5266 viewshomer_123

So, Waggy going this week on 17:21 - Jul 29 by Guthrum

Waghorn isn't that old (28). He may not have achieved the heights of last season very often, but neither was it unique in having a decent return (Leicester in 2009-10 and Rangers in 2015-16). It also included something of a goal drought when our midfield supply line collapsed and he was left chasing long balls into the channel with no support.

He may, indeed, not fit in with Hurst's system. Tho I don't really see how a hard-working instinctive finisher wouldn't. Think we'd be doing quite well to get another Waghorn for the same sort of money.

The player himself might wish to go. That's a different matter and I think will be the key determining factor if he does go.

We're holding out for a big fee because we don't want to undersell one of our more valuable players. If we do have to lose his services (and we don't need to, as such), we may as well get the maximum possible return.

If you look at the wider stats, not just goals, last year is an outlier,especially at this level. It doesn't mean he can't do it again, of course. He's not that old but big contracts become scarcer the older you get. He may well feel he needs to cash in on his good form, and I'd would not begrudge him.

I think he does fit a Hurst system, would be odd if he didn't. I still think that although we don't need to sell, this is about a Hurst realising we are 2 or 4 players short and without further income Evans won't fund that many more purchases. It's the one element that hasn't changed since Mick, the way the club is financed.

Agree on the final para and FWIW I'd be quite happy if he stayed!

So, Waggy going this week on 17:30 - Jul 29 with 5216 viewsfloridaboy

So, Waggy going this week on 16:47 - Jul 29 by fabian_illness

So what are you saying then?
So, Waggy going this week on 17:33 - Jul 29 with 5162 viewspickles110564

So, Waggy going this week on 16:46 - Jul 29 by SpruceMoose

Another great post m8.
So, Waggy going this week on 17:35 - Jul 29 with 5140 viewsSonOfSpock

So, Waggy going this week on 17:15 - Jul 29 by homer_123

It's natural that anybody getting to double their money now as opposed to waiting 2 years should/would take it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024