Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... 16:44 - Jul 30 with 2596 viewsChurchman75

This is around 10k more than he is on which equates to just over £1.5 mill over 3 years.

better than any potential signing if he keeps up his performances.

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 16:45 - Jul 30 with 2585 viewsSpruceMoose

Or, keep him on what he's on and see if he repeats last seasons effort.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 16:45 - Jul 30 with 2585 viewsDanFord

Or sell him for £8m and use the money to buy 3 or 4 quality replacements from the lower leagues, who can all contribute, who will have a resale value, could go on and improve further and not be a one man team based around a player that may never reproduce that form in a system that may not get the best from him.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 16:45 - Jul 30 with 2583 viewsMullet

Not better than £8-9m guaranteed though if you're Evans, and by proxy Hurst who then gets as much to buy more players with.

I think that shows the task in hand.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 16:49 - Jul 30 with 2536 viewsblueislander

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 16:45 - Jul 30 by SpruceMoose

Or, keep him on what he's on and see if he repeats last seasons effort.

Murphy was a bit of a one season wonder in goalscoring terms, albeit one could never fault him for lack of effort when he wasn't scoring. He played very little for Newcastle.
Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 16:53 - Jul 30 with 2506 viewstextbackup

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 16:49 - Jul 30 by blueislander

Murphy was a bit of a one season wonder in goalscoring terms, albeit one could never fault him for lack of effort when he wasn't scoring. He played very little for Newcastle.

murphy didn't have the set piece delivery of waghorn tho, so he has more than goals to his game, imo

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 17:08 - Jul 30 with 2409 viewsblueislander

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 16:53 - Jul 30 by textbackup

murphy didn't have the set piece delivery of waghorn tho, so he has more than goals to his game, imo

Murphy's contribution was more than his goals too.
Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 17:27 - Jul 30 with 2320 viewstextbackup

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 17:08 - Jul 30 by blueislander

Murphy's contribution was more than his goals too.

yep agree, murphy was a one man team if ever I've seen one

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 20:47 - Jul 30 with 2113 viewsDeano69

My concern is that mentally he has already left us.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 21:02 - Jul 30 with 2077 viewsStokieBlue

Where would you play him in the 4231 or 4141?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 21:18 - Jul 30 with 2020 viewstextbackup

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 21:02 - Jul 30 by StokieBlue

Where would you play him in the 4231 or 4141?

SB

some where in the 3 of a 4231 for me

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 21:19 - Jul 30 with 2015 viewsStokieBlue

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 21:18 - Jul 30 by textbackup

some where in the 3 of a 4231 for me

That's fair enough, I would as well I think.

So as a follow-up, would he be good enough there vs a dedicated player used to that position and the 2 or 3 others we could conceivably get with the money?

Not saying we should sell, he could be excellent cutting in from one side and Edwards on the other - I am saying I could see why Hurst might be tempted.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 21:23 - Jul 30 with 2005 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 20:47 - Jul 30 by Deano69

My concern is that mentally he has already left us.

and if you did what the OP suggests, mentally 10 other players probably would have done.

The club has a wage structure for a reason. IF one player is that much better than the rest a club that values him as such should be willing to pay the proper market value for that level of player and we will move on as we always have done.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 21:23 - Jul 30 with 2001 viewsElderGrizzly

Problem is Boro could offer him £30k a week and a move back home...
Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 22:06 - Jul 30 with 1917 viewsTerry_Nutkins

If he was up to age of 26 id agree but his value will probo start to fall. If we CAN get 8 million and have several players coming in for that then i think you have to do it.

Not massively keen.on having one guy earning big bucks. Its ok until you have a player performing better and then it gets messy!

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 07:48 - Jul 31 with 1701 viewsDeano69

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 21:23 - Jul 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

and if you did what the OP suggests, mentally 10 other players probably would have done.

The club has a wage structure for a reason. IF one player is that much better than the rest a club that values him as such should be willing to pay the proper market value for that level of player and we will move on as we always have done.

Like Bart?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 08:12 - Jul 31 with 1667 viewsHerbivore

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 21:19 - Jul 30 by StokieBlue

That's fair enough, I would as well I think.

So as a follow-up, would he be good enough there vs a dedicated player used to that position and the 2 or 3 others we could conceivably get with the money?

Not saying we should sell, he could be excellent cutting in from one side and Edwards on the other - I am saying I could see why Hurst might be tempted.

SB

He struggled badly playing from the right in that system under Mick last season. He offered a threat but he left the full back horribly exposed and it cost us goals. Hurst likes his wingers to be able to get up and down and help out defensively and that isn't Waghorn's game. Personally I'd prefer him up front, right up front, as he played the lone striker role well when Garner was out last season. However, I'm not sure he offers everything Hurst wants in that role (he's not much of a threat in behind) and I'm assuming he's signed Harrison to be the main man in that position. I don't think he's a natural number 10 either, though can play there, so I can see why Hurst is tempted by the potential money on offer.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 08:18 - Jul 31 with 1649 viewsMullet

Waghorn, - Offer him 18k per week and extend by 2 years.... on 08:12 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

He struggled badly playing from the right in that system under Mick last season. He offered a threat but he left the full back horribly exposed and it cost us goals. Hurst likes his wingers to be able to get up and down and help out defensively and that isn't Waghorn's game. Personally I'd prefer him up front, right up front, as he played the lone striker role well when Garner was out last season. However, I'm not sure he offers everything Hurst wants in that role (he's not much of a threat in behind) and I'm assuming he's signed Harrison to be the main man in that position. I don't think he's a natural number 10 either, though can play there, so I can see why Hurst is tempted by the potential money on offer.

Although he was great there for Leicester who had a much better full back and overall team.

Compare that to playing against Fulham and Sessegnon and that's the issue.

For me, he's an out and out striker as is Harrison. There's absolutely no reason he couldn't play behind the main striker either, but you rely on them to be even better at finishing than him or an out and out target man.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024