Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? 21:14 - Jul 30 with 25401 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

And the hashtag itself is so wrong.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:18 - Jul 30 with 9119 viewsJ2BLUE

Everything I said about those two women on This Morning the other day applies here. Kids being weaponised for a cause.

Edit: Holy sh1t, just actually watched it. The world has gone insane. I don't care how much stick I take for this. That is plain wrong.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 21:27]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:25 - Jul 30 with 9070 viewsSuperblue95

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:18 - Jul 30 by J2BLUE

Everything I said about those two women on This Morning the other day applies here. Kids being weaponised for a cause.

Edit: Holy sh1t, just actually watched it. The world has gone insane. I don't care how much stick I take for this. That is plain wrong.

Is this really what the world has come to? Jesus Christ political correctness has gone far too overboard

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:30 - Jul 30 with 9048 viewsElderGrizzly

I have a 9month old girl. She is a girl, she has a girls name (three of them in fact), but we choose the clothes we like, no matter their gender ‘label’ and toys are those we think she’ll like, no matter the typical gender intended.

She’ll make her own choices when she’s old enough too, but some of this stuff in the OP can go too far.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 21:31]
Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:35 - Jul 30 with 8985 viewsJ2BLUE

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:30 - Jul 30 by ElderGrizzly

I have a 9month old girl. She is a girl, she has a girls name (three of them in fact), but we choose the clothes we like, no matter their gender ‘label’ and toys are those we think she’ll like, no matter the typical gender intended.

She’ll make her own choices when she’s old enough too, but some of this stuff in the OP can go too far.

Common sense stuff. I find it unbelievable that these changes are getting more and more attention. The vast majority of kids have no gender issues and grow up to 'identify' as the sex they were born. These changes aren't designed to help kids. They are to push an agenda. By confusing kids when they are young we'll create problems where there were none before which exactly what these people want.

Why can we not just offer complete support to the minority of kids who this becomes an issue for? A person is a person but simple stats show this is a terrible idea if it does become more mainstream.

Truly impaired.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:37 - Jul 30 with 8957 viewsNewcyBlue

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:18 - Jul 30 by J2BLUE

My internet is too rubbish to watch it.

Care to summarise it for me please?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:37 - Jul 30 with 8966 viewsitfcjoe

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:30 - Jul 30 by ElderGrizzly

All obvious stuff really, my boy is generally very boyish but one of his favourite programmes seems to be a girls programme judging by the pink on the packaging when I bought him a toy from it!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:39 - Jul 30 with 8943 viewsElderGrizzly

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:37 - Jul 30 by itfcjoe

All obvious stuff really, my boy is generally very boyish but one of his favourite programmes seems to be a girls programme judging by the pink on the packaging when I bought him a toy from it!

Indeed, but i know some parents who push the whole ‘Princess Pink’ ‘Boy Blue’ point to the extreme.

That’s almost as bad as the OP
Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:40 - Jul 30 with 8943 viewsJ2BLUE

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:37 - Jul 30 by NewcyBlue

I only watched the first minute or so. They took some kids, dressed them in the other sex's clothes and called them a different name. The hashtag pretty much says it all. I find it so wrong. This isn't about transphobia. Everyone is equal but this is clearly going to create issues.

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:40 - Jul 30 with 8934 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

Couldn’t agree more, it’s f&%king madness.
Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:48 - Jul 30 with 8836 viewsjeera

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:37 - Jul 30 by NewcyBlue

They took a boy baby and a girl baby and conducted an 'experiment.

They surrounded them with stereotypical toys but each time the child automatically reached for a toy 'intended' for its own gender, they beat the littl'un with a stick.

It's horrible mate, and you don't want to see it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:48 - Jul 30 with 8826 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:40 - Jul 30 by J2BLUE

I only watched the first minute or so. They took some kids, dressed them in the other sex's clothes and called them a different name. The hashtag pretty much says it all. I find it so wrong. This isn't about transphobia. Everyone is equal but this is clearly going to create issues.

They did this and then studied the actions of volunteers with the children.

The volunteers chose girly toys and acted differently towards the girls and male-stereotypical toys according to the different genders. One volunteer did also point out that they had the "appropriate" gender toys closer to them at the time.

There are some genuine issues here as well many PC ones that can easily become confused. It smacks of a media version of a social science experiment rather than purely empirical science.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:50 - Jul 30 with 8800 viewsjeera

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:40 - Jul 30 by J2BLUE

Spoilsport.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:55 - Jul 30 with 8727 viewsJ2BLUE

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:48 - Jul 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

They did this and then studied the actions of volunteers with the children.

The volunteers chose girly toys and acted differently towards the girls and male-stereotypical toys according to the different genders. One volunteer did also point out that they had the "appropriate" gender toys closer to them at the time.

There are some genuine issues here as well many PC ones that can easily become confused. It smacks of a media version of a social science experiment rather than purely empirical science.

I would give the kid the stereotypical toys purely because that is more likely to be what they were interested in. If I handed a girl a doll and she wanted a monster truck fair enough. Who cares? I don't think it's out of order to give the kid what you think they would be interested in. Same with a boy. If he wanted to play with a doll who cares?

Truly impaired.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:04 - Jul 30 with 8648 viewsjeera

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:55 - Jul 30 by J2BLUE

I would give the kid the stereotypical toys purely because that is more likely to be what they were interested in. If I handed a girl a doll and she wanted a monster truck fair enough. Who cares? I don't think it's out of order to give the kid what you think they would be interested in. Same with a boy. If he wanted to play with a doll who cares?

It is a shame we've got to a place where some people want to push their views so forcibly.

A loved child will find its own way as it evolves.

In the meantime a dad needs an excuse to play with bloody Scalextric again and if that means stereotyping the kid for a while then so be it.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:09 - Jul 30 with 8603 viewsJ2BLUE

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:04 - Jul 30 by jeera

It is a shame we've got to a place where some people want to push their views so forcibly.

In the meantime a dad needs an excuse to play with bloody Scalextric again and if that means stereotyping the kid for a while then so be it.

Absolutely spot on and if they decide for themselves that something is wrong lets support them 100%.

Truly impaired.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:14 - Jul 30 with 8576 viewsWeWereZombies

Kids being 'weaponised'? As far as I can see all that the programme makers did was dress toddlers differently for a short while and then present them to 'helpers' to see how they treated the children. The questioning afterwards seemed to be the main point of the exercise, it boiled down to 'Are girls conditioned to be fluffy by teachers and playgroup leaders etc.?'

It didn't look like this 'experiment' is long term, I doubt any of the subjects will be harmed...unless the video is linked to them at primary school.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:19 - Jul 30 with 8539 viewstextbackup

If sht like this gets worse there’s gonna be so many fcked up freaks walking around this world in 30 years time.

Boys are boys, girls are girls. Where does all this sht stop.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:20 - Jul 30 with 8512 viewsjeera

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:14 - Jul 30 by WeWereZombies

Kids being 'weaponised'? As far as I can see all that the programme makers did was dress toddlers differently for a short while and then present them to 'helpers' to see how they treated the children. The questioning afterwards seemed to be the main point of the exercise, it boiled down to 'Are girls conditioned to be fluffy by teachers and playgroup leaders etc.?'

It didn't look like this 'experiment' is long term, I doubt any of the subjects will be harmed...unless the video is linked to them at primary school.

Thing is, all other stuff aside, many taboos have been broken so long ago and for such a long time that most of us think little of a man being a chef, a lass being an engineer, a doctor, being a able to park a car* etc. Flashdance did loads for equality, let's be honest. And that was years ago.

Is there really any need for this now? Men iron clothes. We have known our place for decades.

*OK, I made that bit up, but you get the point.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:21 - Jul 30 with 8508 viewshatch

It all reminds me of the case of David Reimer that I studied in A level Psychology:

David Peter Reimer (1965—2004) was a Canadian man born male but reassigned as a girl and raised female following medical advice and intervention after his penis was accidentally destroyed during a botched circumcision in infancy.

He ended up committing suicide in his late 30s, which I believe was because of his messed him childhood.
Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:22 - Jul 30 with 8503 viewsMelford

Kids that age don't know what is going on, I remember my nephew at about 4-5 coming home and saying "I'm the gingerbread man" and refused to respond to anything else for the night. "****, dinner's ready", no response "gingerbread man your dinner's ready" goes in and sits down. It's dangerous to have parents who have an agenda and are going to exploit their kids by using as them as laboratory rats for their social experiment that they will document every step of the way through the media for the world to see.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:23 - Jul 30 with 8497 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I found it very disturbing too

It’s child abuse.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:24 - Jul 30 with 8492 viewsNewcyBlue

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:04 - Jul 30 by jeera

MrsNewcy used to babysit for a friends daughter. So she had some dolls and stuff kicking about. Seb happily played with them, she got him a doctors kit and he played doctors with her. I had to put a stop to it when he tried to take her appendix out.

(The appendix stuff is a joke, the rest real)

Seb loves his scalextric. Although he just wants to crash, which annoys me!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:27 - Jul 30 with 8451 viewsjeera

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:24 - Jul 30 by NewcyBlue

MrsNewcy used to babysit for a friends daughter. So she had some dolls and stuff kicking about. Seb happily played with them, she got him a doctors kit and he played doctors with her. I had to put a stop to it when he tried to take her appendix out.

Seb, like all kids before him, has heard of Doctors and Nurses and is prepping in advance.

We all did it.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:28 - Jul 30 with 8452 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 21:55 - Jul 30 by J2BLUE

I see your point and I have no issue with it at all.

The programme clip raised the issue that the traditional girly toys did not encourage development of spatial and mathematical skills.

There is a bigger issue in society right now and that is the negative stereotyping and development of males generally. In the education system it is females that are out-performing males significantly.

Social science can bring awareness of some very important educational issues but we must be very careful how we approach studies and their findings.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:28 - Jul 30 with 8450 viewsJ2BLUE

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:24 - Jul 30 by NewcyBlue

This doctors game with Mrs Newcy...is that open to anyone?

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024