Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? 21:14 - Jul 30 with 25418 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

And the hashtag itself is so wrong.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 13:46 - Jul 31 with 3002 viewsJ2BLUE

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 13:42 - Jul 31 by chicoazul

The Samoan people you refer to are men. They are born biologically male. Therefore they belong to one of the 2 genders. People can of course choose to be whomever they like and the Samoans you reference choose to be "third gender" and of course, if I met one, I would call them whatever they wish to be called.

There are distinct biological and neurological differences between men and women. They are distinct. There are 2 genders.

You know you will never win this argument on here don't you?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 13:49 - Jul 31 with 2983 viewschicoazul

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 13:46 - Jul 31 by J2BLUE

You know you will never win this argument on here don't you?

Oh I know! But I am between appointments and I enjoy this particular debate very much.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 13:51 - Jul 31 with 2970 viewsJ2BLUE

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 13:49 - Jul 31 by chicoazul

Oh I know! But I am between appointments and I enjoy this particular debate very much.

Fair enough, enjoy!

Truly impaired.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:03 - Jul 31 with 2931 viewsgordon

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 13:42 - Jul 31 by chicoazul

The Samoan people you refer to are men. They are born biologically male. Therefore they belong to one of the 2 genders. People can of course choose to be whomever they like and the Samoans you reference choose to be "third gender" and of course, if I met one, I would call them whatever they wish to be called.

There are distinct biological and neurological differences between men and women. They are distinct. There are 2 genders.

That there are distinct biological and neurological differences between men and women is self-evident, but it doesn't follow from this that there must only be two genders. Equally, what you would do if you met a Samoan is entirely irrelevant to the question in hand, and if you think this field of science is primarily of importance because it affects what you have to call people, I would suggest that you haven't quite grasped things to the full extent.

Regardless, the difference of opinion here is based on us having quite different understandings of what the term 'gender', refers to, nothing more than that as far as I can see.

This is a nice article on the subject below:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/01/how-science-helps-us-underst

Edit: earlier I confused the Fa'afafine with the Dominican third gender, which is biologically different to male and female.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 14:07]
Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:04 - Jul 31 with 2921 viewschicoazul

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:03 - Jul 31 by gordon

That there are distinct biological and neurological differences between men and women is self-evident, but it doesn't follow from this that there must only be two genders. Equally, what you would do if you met a Samoan is entirely irrelevant to the question in hand, and if you think this field of science is primarily of importance because it affects what you have to call people, I would suggest that you haven't quite grasped things to the full extent.

Regardless, the difference of opinion here is based on us having quite different understandings of what the term 'gender', refers to, nothing more than that as far as I can see.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2017/01/how-science-helps-us-underst

Edit: earlier I confused the Fa'afafine with the Dominican third gender, which is biologically different to male and female.

So you agree they are born men?

EDIT; Ahh I see, you were confused.

EDIT EDIT; I presume that you refer to the people in the article that you linked to in the Dom Rep. That article says they are born with female genitals and then become men. Isnt that weird? So they were one gender and become the other? And you think this doesnt support my argument about there being two genders how exactly?
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 14:11]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

on 14:05 - Jul 31 with 2919 views_

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:03 - Jul 31 by gordon

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:06 - Jul 31 with 2914 viewsDarth_Koont

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:04 - Jul 31 by chicoazul

So you agree they are born men?

EDIT; Ahh I see, you were confused.

EDIT EDIT; I presume that you refer to the people in the article that you linked to in the Dom Rep. That article says they are born with female genitals and then become men. Isnt that weird? So they were one gender and become the other? And you think this doesnt support my argument about there being two genders how exactly?
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 14:11]

Pronouns: He/Him

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:08 - Jul 31 with 2905 viewschicoazul

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:06 - Jul 31 by Darth_Koont

Are those Samoan people he refers to born men? It's a simple question.

Login to get fewer ads

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:12 - Jul 31 with 2888 viewsgordon

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:08 - Jul 31 by chicoazul

Their biological sex is male and their gender is Fa'afafine.

The more interesting example (which I thought I was recalling when referring to fa'afafine) was from Dominican Rep where children are born with what appear to be female sexual organs, which then develop into male sexual organs at puberty.
on 14:14 - Jul 31 with 2883 views_

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:12 - Jul 31 by gordon

Their biological sex is male and their gender is Fa'afafine.

The more interesting example (which I thought I was recalling when referring to fa'afafine) was from Dominican Rep where children are born with what appear to be female sexual organs, which then develop into male sexual organs at puberty.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:14 - Jul 31 with 2877 viewsDarth_Koont

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:08 - Jul 31 by chicoazul

No, it isn't simple. Maybe from a sexual characteristic or rudimentary sex classification, but not from a gender perspective.

That's the whole problem with your approach — trying to put things in terms of what you understand or believe.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:17 - Jul 31 with 2853 viewschicoazul

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:14 - Jul 31 by Darth_Koont

No, it isn't simple. Maybe from a sexual characteristic or rudimentary sex classification, but not from a gender perspective.

That's the whole problem with your approach — trying to put things in terms of what you understand or believe.

Sorry, I know cultural Marxists and proponents of equality of outcome find this topic hard and like to imagine everyone else does too. Specifically, the people he referred to are born male. That was easy wasn't it? Since he has already agreed that men and women are different.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:19 - Jul 31 with 2843 viewsDarth_Koont

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:17 - Jul 31 by chicoazul

Sorry, I know cultural Marxists and proponents of equality of outcome find this topic hard and like to imagine everyone else does too. Specifically, the people he referred to are born male. That was easy wasn't it? Since he has already agreed that men and women are different.

Gmpf.

You really should be better at this by now.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:21 - Jul 31 with 2826 viewsjeera

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 12:45 - Jul 31 by gordon

Presumably, from watching the clip, the scientific hypothesis being investigated is something like 'the dominance of men in STEM roles and of women in 'caring' roles is a consequence of infant brain development which in turn is determined by the way adults encourage children of different sexes to play.'

What's shown here is presumably a simplified version of some actual research, presented for TV. While it might be obvious to you and Dave and 30 million others, unfortunately you won't get your results published in Science or Nature if your paper says: 'as every idiot knows, male infants are encouraged to engage in play which develops spatial awareness, and female infants are encouraged to engage in play which develops emotional intelligence.'

A surprisingly large amount of time in most scientific disciplines is spent investigating things which we already, sort of 'know', and this is a good example - to test the hypothesis above, you'd need to know an awful lot about the precise mechanisms by which infants end up engaged in different sorts of play.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 12:46]

Dave doesn't exist.

I made him up for effect.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:23 - Jul 31 with 2809 viewsBrixtonBlue

If there are only 2 genders, what's a hermaphrodite?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:26 - Jul 31 with 2796 viewsgordon

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:17 - Jul 31 by chicoazul

Pivoting the debate to 'cultural Marxists' and 'equality of outcome' is absolutely brilliant to be honest, I'll have to hold my hands up and say you've outgunned me here.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 14:29]
Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:47 - Jul 31 with 2735 viewsBraveDave

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:21 - Jul 31 by jeera

Dave doesn't exist.

I made him up for effect.

Excuse me?
Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:48 - Jul 31 with 2733 viewschicoazul

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:23 - Jul 31 by BrixtonBlue

If there are only 2 genders, what's a hermaphrodite?

that's a very rare medical condition.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:50 - Jul 31 with 2723 viewsJ2BLUE

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:47 - Jul 31 by BraveDave

Excuse me?

Knew he was lying! Long live Dave!

Truly impaired.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:56 - Jul 31 with 2708 viewsFrimleyBlue

This is disturbing and shows this UK is getting stupid

where do we stop?

give it 30 years. Names won't excist, it'll be numbers.

Needs to stop now.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

on 15:01 - Jul 31 with 2694 views_

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:56 - Jul 31 by FrimleyBlue

where do we stop?

Needs to stop now.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:07 - Jul 31 with 2675 viewsDarth_Koont

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:56 - Jul 31 by FrimleyBlue

where do we stop?

Needs to stop now.

It's already started ...

You're a right one.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:08 - Jul 31 with 2663 viewsJ2BLUE

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:07 - Jul 31 by Darth_Koont

It's already started ...

You're a right one.

Juan
Sixto (believed to have a Norfolk origin)

Truly impaired.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:09 - Jul 31 with 2662 viewsBraveDave

where do we stop?

Needs to stop now.

I have to admit I'm baffled by the anger and hysteria on here. Maybe I'm just misreading it, but all I'm seeing from this story is that, as adults, we instinctively treat young males and females differently - and that in turn potentially affects what life choices they make and what careers they end up in, e.g. if you naturally encourage a boy to build, solve puzzles, etc, he is more likely to go on to be a scientist, engineer, etc, than a girl who has been encouraged to dress up dolls, play with make up, etc.

Nothing to do with cross dressing or how many genders there are - I'm not sure why people are getting so angry about what appears to be inherent sexism limiting our childrens' potential.
Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:12 - Jul 31 with 2651 viewsSwansea_Blue

where do we stop?

Needs to stop now.

Eh?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024