Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? 21:14 - Jul 30 with 25419 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

And the hashtag itself is so wrong.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:14 - Jul 31 with 3082 viewsFrimleyBlue

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:09 - Jul 31 by BraveDave

I have to admit I'm baffled by the anger and hysteria on here. Maybe I'm just misreading it, but all I'm seeing from this story is that, as adults, we instinctively treat young males and females differently - and that in turn potentially affects what life choices they make and what careers they end up in, e.g. if you naturally encourage a boy to build, solve puzzles, etc, he is more likely to go on to be a scientist, engineer, etc, than a girl who has been encouraged to dress up dolls, play with make up, etc.

Nothing to do with cross dressing or how many genders there are - I'm not sure why people are getting so angry about what appears to be inherent sexism limiting our childrens' potential.

#nomoreboysandgirls

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:16 - Jul 31 with 3076 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:09 - Jul 31 by BraveDave

I have to admit I'm baffled by the anger and hysteria on here. Maybe I'm just misreading it, but all I'm seeing from this story is that, as adults, we instinctively treat young males and females differently - and that in turn potentially affects what life choices they make and what careers they end up in, e.g. if you naturally encourage a boy to build, solve puzzles, etc, he is more likely to go on to be a scientist, engineer, etc, than a girl who has been encouraged to dress up dolls, play with make up, etc.

Nothing to do with cross dressing or how many genders there are - I'm not sure why people are getting so angry about what appears to be inherent sexism limiting our childrens' potential.

Yeah agreed, it's completely baffling as to why this would be an issue to some people.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

on 15:18 - Jul 31 with 3061 views_

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:14 - Jul 31 by FrimleyBlue

#nomoreboysandgirls

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:19 - Jul 31 with 3055 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 10:00 - Jul 31 by chicoazul

I appreciate there are a lot of very vocal people both online and IRL who have a problem with this scientific fact and I think I understand why a significant number of them are wilfully ignoring it. There is no scientific basis for the claim there is more than 2 genders.

I know where you get your information from...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:19 - Jul 31 with 3055 viewsDarth_Koont

on 15:18 - Jul 31 by _

It's political literalism gone mad, I tell you.

Pronouns: He/Him

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:20 - Jul 31 with 3047 viewsBraveDave

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:14 - Jul 31 by FrimleyBlue

#nomoreboysandgirls

Ah, I see where you're coming from now. You genuinely think that in 30 years time there will be no more boys and girls. And to avert this disaster, the UK must stop whatever it is doing now. It's happening all around us, and we may be too late - let's run for the hills!

Fair summary of your position?
Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:21 - Jul 31 with 3035 viewsFrimleyBlue

on 15:18 - Jul 31 by _

I don't I have tbh,

I appreciate the story within this piece is as the other poster says, more about upbringing, but the hashtag itself is part of increase in culture which I think is going into a very problematic state

Already we have children who feel uncomfortable going to public toilets, incase they are sharing with a gender neutral... we've had 3 cases of this in a local school.

We have parents, effectively forcing children to not be boy or girl. I.E Those 2 parents on this morning, Russell brand has jumped onto the bandwagon too.

it's a slipper slope and if already we're taking away genders, we look to take away gender toys. The next stage are names.

Waka waka eh eh

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:25 - Jul 31 with 3025 viewsDarth_Koont

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:21 - Jul 31 by FrimleyBlue

I don't I have tbh,

I appreciate the story within this piece is as the other poster says, more about upbringing, but the hashtag itself is part of increase in culture which I think is going into a very problematic state

Already we have children who feel uncomfortable going to public toilets, incase they are sharing with a gender neutral... we've had 3 cases of this in a local school.

We have parents, effectively forcing children to not be boy or girl. I.E Those 2 parents on this morning, Russell brand has jumped onto the bandwagon too.

it's a slipper slope and if already we're taking away genders, we look to take away gender toys. The next stage are names.

In 50 years time, we'll all be sexting goats in Chinese. You mark my words.

Login to get fewer ads

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:26 - Jul 31 with 3019 viewsFrimleyBlue

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:20 - Jul 31 by BraveDave

Ah, I see where you're coming from now. You genuinely think that in 30 years time there will be no more boys and girls. And to avert this disaster, the UK must stop whatever it is doing now. It's happening all around us, and we may be too late - let's run for the hills!

Fair summary of your position?

You mock, but think about it.
It's happening at a quick pace, there's over 71 different gender options on facebook which as you know is a key social site and is a big part of life ( for some not all)

I Say 30, maybe more then, but with X now and option at birth even though you are born with either a penis or vagina, passports will have X on them. Then yes I do believe in the future, there won't be a male or female option.

Waka waka eh eh

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:28 - Jul 31 with 3008 viewsSpruceMoose

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:26 - Jul 31 by FrimleyBlue

It's happening at a quick pace, there's over 71 different gender options on facebook which as you know is a key social site and is a big part of life ( for some not all)

I Say 30, maybe more then, but with X now and option at birth even though you are born with either a penis or vagina, passports will have X on them. Then yes I do believe in the future, there won't be a male or female option.

"Then yes I do believe in the future, there won't be a male or female option."

So?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:28 - Jul 31 with 3009 viewsSomethingBlue

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:26 - Jul 31 by FrimleyBlue

Just live and let live, then you don't need to twist yourself up in knots about it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:35 - Jul 31 with 2991 viewsBraveDave

I don't believe for a moment you're right, but even if you were, so what? What's the worst that can happen. I suspect in 50 years time we'll have much more important things to occupy our minds. Try to relax for now
on 15:39 - Jul 31 with 2982 views_

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:21 - Jul 31 by FrimleyBlue

I don't I have tbh,

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:44 - Jul 31 with 2962 viewsSomethingBlue

on 15:39 - Jul 31 by _

He seems the type who gets into a lather about anything.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 07:38 - Aug 2 with 2701 viewsBenters2

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 08:06 - Jul 31 by BrixtonBlue

I hate this phrase, "I make him right". Terrible English. I've only ever seen it on TWTD. Where on earth has it come from?

You have never heard of that saying before? I have heard it a lot in the bad lands of North Essex and Suffolk.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 7:46]
Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 07:48 - Aug 2 with 2685 viewsBenters2

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:27 - Jul 30 by jeera

Seb, like all kids before him, has heard of Doctors and Nurses and is prepping in advance.

We all did it.

Indeed it was one of my favs shame you have to get old and stop all that 🤪
on 07:50 - Aug 2 with 2695 views_

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:25 - Jul 31 by Darth_Koont

In 50 years time, we'll all be sexting goats in Chinese. You mark my words.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 09:39 - Aug 2 with 2632 viewstextbackup

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 03:55 - Jul 31 by SpruceMoose

Clueless and offensive.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 3:57]

Also not worried, you must remember that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 09:45 - Aug 2 with 2621 viewsDarth_Koont

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 09:39 - Aug 2 by textbackup

Also not worried, you must remember that

"Not worried"?

I don't get it.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 10:12 - Aug 2 with 2601 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 07:38 - Aug 2 by Benters2

You have never heard of that saying before? I have heard it a lot in the bad lands of North Essex and Suffolk.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 7:46]

It's not said in the rest of the country, where people speak properly.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 10:26 - Aug 2 with 2586 viewsSuperfrans

I don't I have tbh,

Just clarifying the facts here.

>> Already we have children who feel uncomfortable going to public toilets, in case they are sharing with a gender neutral... we've had 3 cases of this in a local school.
Where has this happened?

>> We have parents, effectively forcing children to not be boy or girl.
Are you talking about the initial link here? Again, evidence of this?

>> it's a slipper slope and if already we're taking away genders, we look to take away gender toys. The next stage are names.
Names first - this is already the case with lots of names. Where is there evidence that this affects anyone negatively.
Toys - what is wrong with boys playing with dolls (I have a big sister, I did, it did me no harm), or girls playing with footballs, science toys (which all tend to be given to boys).

For one thing, the clip on the opening post was to illustrate how adults treat children differently if they think they are a boy or a girl. The point was to emphasise that we, as adults, reinforce gender stereotypes. A pretty basic and uncontroversial experiment, I would have thoughts.

But aside from that, what calamity is going to befall society if there are no gender specific names, no gender specific clothes, no gender specific job roles, life roles, societal roles? I don't really see the problem.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

on 19:40 - Aug 18 with 2430 views_

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 14:12 - Jul 31 by gordon

Their biological sex is male and their gender is Fa'afafine.

The more interesting example (which I thought I was recalling when referring to fa'afafine) was from Dominican Rep where children are born with what appear to be female sexual organs, which then develop into male sexual organs at puberty.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 05:25 - Aug 19 with 2319 viewsBenters2

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 10:12 - Aug 2 by BrixtonBlue

It's not said in the rest of the country, where people speak properly.

Thank you William Shakespeare
Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 07:50 - Aug 19 with 2297 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 05:25 - Aug 19 by Benters2

Thank you William Shakespeare

It took you 17 days for that comeback? Well done, you're improving.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 11:30 - Aug 19 with 2238 viewsBenters2

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 07:50 - Aug 19 by BrixtonBlue

It took you 17 days for that comeback? Well done, you're improving.

I didnt bring the thread back up.

OK yah,love to Tabitha x.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024