Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? 21:14 - Jul 30 with 25372 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

And the hashtag itself is so wrong.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:02 - Aug 19 with 896 viewsJ2BLUE

Louis Theroux: Transgender Kids now starting on W+1, Sky channel 209

It's a good watch, seen it before.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 22:11 - Aug 19 with 881 views_

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:02 - Aug 19 by J2BLUE

Louis Theroux: Transgender Kids now starting on W+1, Sky channel 209

It's a good watch, seen it before.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:15 - Aug 19 with 870 viewsJ2BLUE

on 22:11 - Aug 19 by _

Agree. I struggle with the idea of going ahead with it at their age but that Camille seemed so happy it would be hard to argue against.

IIRC there's one who is a girl at home and Louis asks if they will be female when they grow up and they say probably not.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 22:27 - Aug 19 with 855 views_

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 22:15 - Aug 19 by J2BLUE

Agree. I struggle with the idea of going ahead with it at their age but that Camille seemed so happy it would be hard to argue against.

IIRC there's one who is a girl at home and Louis asks if they will be female when they grow up and they say probably not.

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 00:13 - Aug 20 with 817 viewsRyorry

Anybody else find this quite an uncomfortable watch? on 15:09 - Jul 31 by BraveDave

I have to admit I'm baffled by the anger and hysteria on here. Maybe I'm just misreading it, but all I'm seeing from this story is that, as adults, we instinctively treat young males and females differently - and that in turn potentially affects what life choices they make and what careers they end up in, e.g. if you naturally encourage a boy to build, solve puzzles, etc, he is more likely to go on to be a scientist, engineer, etc, than a girl who has been encouraged to dress up dolls, play with make up, etc.

Nothing to do with cross dressing or how many genders there are - I'm not sure why people are getting so angry about what appears to be inherent sexism limiting our childrens' potential.

Not sure why this thread's been revived, I didn't see it originally, but many people appear to have missed? the text at around 1.28 which says

"when children play spatial awareness games regularly, their brains chnge within 3 months"

so I share your bafflement.

Maybe worth highlighting my personal experiences as a late 60s female who went to a girls' independent school in the 1950s and 60s. When it came to careers advice at 15, we were pointed in the direction of only 3 career choices - nursing, teaching or secretarial (apart from one bright girl whose family were mostly doctors, so she applied for & got into medical school).

It was only in my final year of an OU Arts degree in my late 30s that I decided to do the Technology Foundation course because I wanted to learn to use a computer as a tool to help me tackle a higher degree. Well, guess what - an excellent tutor managed to steer me through the maths, which I'd never been able to get my head round at school, and I found to my complete amazement, that physics, technology and engineering were absolutely fascinating - if you'd told me when I was 15 that someday I'd be riveted (sorry!) by turbines & generation of power, eg, I'd have dismissed that as utterly ridiculous! If those had been subjects that I'd been introduced to at school, I might have gone down that kind of route instead of my eventual choice later on (age 22) of probation officer & social worker, albeit I did very much enjoy those roles in their own right.

I think it's great this experiment was conducted, basic tho it was, and well done those willing to participate and learn from it. And if the reaction of some on the thread is representative of society at large, we could do with more like it, esp for prospective parents and teachers!
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 0:18]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024