Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Expensive premier league loans vs lower league gems 22:39 - Jul 31 with 2407 viewsEly_Blue

Looking at some of the fees being paid by us this summer even with the departure of Webster am I alone in thinking that Hurst is chosing to spend the money that MM was spending on an expensive loan fee and salary on players of our own that we have longer term than 1 season?

Personally I think this is a great way to go unless you are able to bring in a real star from the premier league such as Fulham did last year with Mitrovic.

Surely the PH way has got to be better for building long term team spirit rather than to have to replace 3-4 loaners each summer and effectively need to rebuild half of the first team

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Expensive premier league loans vs lower league gems on 07:27 - Aug 1 with 2179 viewsglassblower

Agreed. Been wondering this for a while. Given our budget is limited and that on a few occasions people have mentioned that our star loanees have cost substantial loan fees it seems that might have been a short sited policy. Essentially if we paid £1m each in loan fees for Fraser, Lawrence and Celina would we not have been better using that money to speculate on potential talent that might have fetched re-sale value and generated more funds for squad strengthening.
Expensive premier league loans vs lower league gems on 07:57 - Aug 1 with 2111 viewsSteve_M

Are we ignoring Chalobah here? We only had two Premier League players on loan last season plus Iorfa from a Championship club.

These lower league players need to perform in this division before we all laud this as a successful strategy. I hope they will and I'm looking forward to seeing them play over the next few months.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Expensive premier league loans vs lower league gems on 08:10 - Aug 1 with 2071 viewsglassblower

Expensive premier league loans vs lower league gems on 07:57 - Aug 1 by Steve_M

Are we ignoring Chalobah here? We only had two Premier League players on loan last season plus Iorfa from a Championship club.

These lower league players need to perform in this division before we all laud this as a successful strategy. I hope they will and I'm looking forward to seeing them play over the next few months.

Correct I did forget Chabolah but what I’m getting at signing our own players makes more sense to me than loanees. It’s riskier too potentially. Say instead of loaning Fraser we signed him for admittedly big money we could have sold at a profit. If we had signed Williams we’d have lost our shirts.
Expensive premier league loans vs lower league gems on 08:11 - Aug 1 with 2068 viewstextbackup

The great thing is this lot can all grow and develops together, who knows where that could take us in 2/3 years

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Expensive premier league loans vs lower league gems on 08:12 - Aug 1 with 2063 viewsMullet

Expensive premier league loans vs lower league gems on 08:10 - Aug 1 by glassblower

Correct I did forget Chabolah but what I’m getting at signing our own players makes more sense to me than loanees. It’s riskier too potentially. Say instead of loaning Fraser we signed him for admittedly big money we could have sold at a profit. If we had signed Williams we’d have lost our shirts.

If we'd have signed Fraser we'd have not been able to spend a penny for a couple of windows.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Expensive premier league loans vs lower league gems on 08:28 - Aug 1 with 2029 viewsglassblower

Expensive premier league loans vs lower league gems on 08:12 - Aug 1 by Mullet

If we'd have signed Fraser we'd have not been able to spend a penny for a couple of windows.

I know. What I’m getting at is that if we had aggregated the loan fees spent and used on permanent signings we might have been better off. Our normal premiership wingers has probably cost 3-4m over the last 3-4 seasons which if we had put up front on a Fraser or similar we may have seen a return on.
Expensive premier league loans vs lower league gems on 08:39 - Aug 1 with 1993 viewslinhdi

That would have been painful.
Expensive premier league loans vs lower league gems on 08:41 - Aug 1 with 1985 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah, we’d have been unable to sign Giles Coke, Larsen Toure etc.

A massive shame.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Expensive premier league loans vs lower league gems on 08:56 - Aug 1 with 1955 viewsEly_Blue

I guess my ignoring Challobah is like you ignoring CCV which made 3 premier league loanees last season!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Expensive premier league loans vs lower league gems on 09:06 - Aug 1 with 1934 viewsitfcjoe

Bearing in mind Hurst had 3 key players in Morris, Godfrey and Henderson last year on loan, and a number of others - I think it might be best waiting for loan window to close before declaring this policy when we already have Chalobah and good easily add more.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Expensive premier league loans vs lower league gems on 15:12 - Aug 3 with 1776 viewsSteve_M

Expensive premier league loans vs lower league gems on 09:06 - Aug 1 by itfcjoe

Bearing in mind Hurst had 3 key players in Morris, Godfrey and Henderson last year on loan, and a number of others - I think it might be best waiting for loan window to close before declaring this policy when we already have Chalobah and good easily add more.

Is it childish to bump this thread?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Expensive premier league loans vs lower league gems on 16:51 - Aug 3 with 1686 viewsglassblower

Expensive premier league loans vs lower league gems on 15:12 - Aug 3 by Steve_M

Is it childish to bump this thread?

Why bump it? Because we have loaned a player? Does it make it any more right or wrong? For me very much depends on the details of the loan and the cost and of course most importantly how good the player is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024