Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury St Edmunds in news over this... 22:43 - Jul 31 with 2503 viewsstrikalite

Getting quite a reaction, happened last Friday..

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 23:26 - Jul 31 with 2377 viewsgtsb

In my day if I had done anything like that, not that I would, my old man would've knocked seven bells of shoite out of me.
Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 23:26 - Jul 31 with 2370 viewsfactual_blue

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/teenage-boys-accused-of-flour-and-egg-assault-in-bury

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 08:14 - Aug 1 with 2098 viewsartsbossbeard

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 23:26 - Jul 31 by gtsb

In my day if I had done anything like that, not that I would, my old man would've knocked seven bells of shoite out of me.

Yep, I'd have had the living sh1te beaten out of me.

In fact, and a) I know that this isn't politically correct and b) Beard Junior isn't the sort for this but I wouldn't be adverse to carrying on this tradition if he'd have been involved in something similar.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

on 08:53 - Aug 1 with 2018 views_

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 23:26 - Jul 31 by gtsb

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 09:02 - Aug 1 with 1997 viewsitfcjoe

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 08:14 - Aug 1 by artsbossbeard

Yep, I'd have had the living sh1te beaten out of me.

In fact, and a) I know that this isn't politically correct and b) Beard Junior isn't the sort for this but I wouldn't be adverse to carrying on this tradition if he'd have been involved in something similar.

There is a lot less community spirit now - you'd have been a bit of a pariah had you done that to someone in the estate as opposed to a Bantz King when you showed it off.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 09:05 - Aug 1 with 1986 viewshype313

Thought Bury was just somewhere nice to go shopping with cheap parking?

If that's the sort of behaviour that goes on, then you can keep your cheap parking.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 09:24 - Aug 1 with 1939 viewsfactual_blue

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 09:05 - Aug 1 by hype313

Thought Bury was just somewhere nice to go shopping with cheap parking?

If that's the sort of behaviour that goes on, then you can keep your cheap parking.

And there's lord tebbit.

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 09:26 - Aug 1 with 1937 viewshype313

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 09:24 - Aug 1 by factual_blue

And there's lord tebbit.

Isn't Matt Hancock another local?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 09:31 - Aug 1 with 1909 viewsfactual_blue

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 09:26 - Aug 1 by hype313

Isn't Matt Hancock another local?

He's the West Suffolk MP.

Him and his racy election leaflets.

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 09:43 - Aug 1 with 1852 viewsTIB

on 08:53 - Aug 1 by _

Sounds all too familiar...a lot of the learning disability lads I work with have ended up in prison / secure services because they've been vulnerable and easily manipulated to do stupid things like this or commit serious offences. People need to understand that things that are so obviously wrong to most, are not so obviously wrong through the eyes of someone with an LD.

The lad with LD should been given protection in this case but too often these days, youngsters do stupid things with huge consequences but they get given a slap on the wrist or protection and it just doesn't help. The lads should be named and shamed and given a lot of hours community work...youngsters these days would all stop being d*cks if they knew there was the possibility they'd have to wear a hi-vis jacket and pick up litter
[Post edited 1 Aug 2018 9:46]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 09:47 - Aug 1 with 1831 viewsgtsb

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 09:43 - Aug 1 by TIB

Sounds all too familiar...a lot of the learning disability lads I work with have ended up in prison / secure services because they've been vulnerable and easily manipulated to do stupid things like this or commit serious offences. People need to understand that things that are so obviously wrong to most, are not so obviously wrong through the eyes of someone with an LD.

The lad with LD should been given protection in this case but too often these days, youngsters do stupid things with huge consequences but they get given a slap on the wrist or protection and it just doesn't help. The lads should be named and shamed and given a lot of hours community work...youngsters these days would all stop being d*cks if they knew there was the possibility they'd have to wear a hi-vis jacket and pick up litter
[Post edited 1 Aug 2018 9:46]

The community work suggestion is an excellent idea. Six months of Autumn/Winter work, outside, on Sundays. That would pee anyone off.
Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 09:55 - Aug 1 with 1793 viewsTIB

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 09:47 - Aug 1 by gtsb

The community work suggestion is an excellent idea. Six months of Autumn/Winter work, outside, on Sundays. That would pee anyone off.

I'm sure there is some ridiculous job role out there like Youth Offender Liaison Fun Recovery Office...where they over think how we can help these "misguided children"...when in actual fact, just go back to basics and make an example out of them. Kids these days (for the most part) are glued to their phones...trying to keep up with the latest social media trends so they can be "cool"...get them outdoors doing the dirty work to help the community...that would be their worst nightmare...all their mates taking pictures of them picking up litter...I'm sure they'd soon think twice about acting like a t*at again. Rant over.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 10:11 - Aug 1 with 1756 viewsartsbossbeard

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 09:55 - Aug 1 by TIB

I'm sure there is some ridiculous job role out there like Youth Offender Liaison Fun Recovery Office...where they over think how we can help these "misguided children"...when in actual fact, just go back to basics and make an example out of them. Kids these days (for the most part) are glued to their phones...trying to keep up with the latest social media trends so they can be "cool"...get them outdoors doing the dirty work to help the community...that would be their worst nightmare...all their mates taking pictures of them picking up litter...I'm sure they'd soon think twice about acting like a t*at again. Rant over.

My u15's footy lads aren't anywhere near as fit as I used to be at the same age and it's not just my lads either.

I watched a top of the table clash towards the end of last season and whilst the boys were technically decent, there was no urgency/spirit/team ethic/actual fitness to track back when they lost the ball deep in the opposition half.

Much to the annoyance of my lads but with full support of my set of parents, we've got them back early for pre season training with a PT run boot camp paid for by the club. That'll learn 'em to sit in their rooms playing Fortnite!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 12:45 - Aug 1 with 1622 viewsTractorWood

Bury St Edmunds in news over this... on 09:55 - Aug 1 by TIB

I don't disagree but I must admit everyone I see is glued to their phones. They are a real problem.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024