Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Expenditure 10:12 - Aug 2 with 1531 viewsbilllm

Webster sold knight sold,flores sold,FIFA money,possibly Knudsen, huge savings on last season's wages and the possible incomings, I'm probably wrong but it dosent look like ME has spent to much this transfer window, if waghorn leaves ME looks like he will have a tidy profit in the bank,
Expenditure on 10:21 - Aug 2 with 1471 viewsReuser_is_God

This is why I believe the signing of Nolan, Nsiala, Tilt & Jackson could happen without Waghorn going.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Expenditure on 10:24 - Aug 2 with 1463 viewsDarth_Koont

Profit doesn't exist. Even if we're up on our transfer business we're just covering the continual losses.

But I'm sure the amount of money coming in has given Hurst more leeway. Certainly our transfer fee spending looks like it's increasing, perhaps even doubling or tripling at this rate.

Pronouns: He/Him

Expenditure on 10:30 - Aug 2 with 1408 viewsBetablocker

Expenditure on 10:24 - Aug 2 by Darth_Koont

Profit doesn't exist. Even if we're up on our transfer business we're just covering the continual losses.

But I'm sure the amount of money coming in has given Hurst more leeway. Certainly our transfer fee spending looks like it's increasing, perhaps even doubling or tripling at this rate.

With expected wages going in the opposite direction id suggest.

So it fits the cost neutral 'model' Evans runs opposed to other owners in the league trying to over invest to better enable the possibilty of promotion.
Expenditure on 10:33 - Aug 2 with 1389 viewsFrimleyBlue

Waiting for the first posts to show of

" if only Mick had money like this to spend"

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Expenditure on 10:40 - Aug 2 with 1348 viewsDarth_Koont

Expenditure on 10:30 - Aug 2 by Betablocker

With expected wages going in the opposite direction id suggest.

So it fits the cost neutral 'model' Evans runs opposed to other owners in the league trying to over invest to better enable the possibilty of promotion.

I think there's an argument to suggest that the sustainable approach is better for clubs and the game irrespective of FFP.

The big money spending seems to have succeeded and failed in equal measure with the difference that the debt is rarely reduced even with promotion and always increased massively with non-promotion let alone relegation.

I agree maybe an extra few million might be the happy medium to boost our chances of getting into contention without jeopardising our future. But I must admit I'd love it if clubs turned around in a few years' time and looked at our model (cost-neutral, academy focus, undervalued signings, patience) and thought this was the new way to go.

Expenditure on 10:43 - Aug 2 with 1326 viewsDarth_Koont

Expenditure on 10:33 - Aug 2 by FrimleyBlue

Well, we'd have to wait a year or more to see if Hurst is even spending more money overall. It's certainly not meant to be a departure from ME's ongoing approach.

Expenditure on 10:46 - Aug 2 with 1308 viewsJon_456

Exactly this. This constant BS about ME not investing and taking money out of the club through player sales is becoming very tiring..
Expenditure on 11:50 - Aug 2 with 1201 viewsGuthrum

Expenditure on 10:33 - Aug 2 by FrimleyBlue

I think to an extent he probably did have. It's not like we've blown enormous sums on individual players.

McCarthy always said there was no point in spending money unless he thought there were players worth it. When you're looking for experienced, but perhaps disregarded, Championship men, it's either freebies or very expensive (and we couldn't do the latter). Hurst is shopping in a market with somewhat higher starting threshold for fees, namely League One and Two prospects. Hence he's spent a little more.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Expenditure on 11:56 - Aug 2 with 1170 viewsagentp

That's an income of about £4.25m (roughly)

We've got Edwards Harrison and Chalobah. for around £2m (so far0 and looking at bringing in 3-4 more players regardless of Waghorn going. There should be an ap on your phone called calculator.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Expenditure on 12:32 - Aug 2 with 1094 viewsflimflam

MM signs a freebie experienced pro on 3yr contract on 13k per week = £2,028,000
PH signs league 1 player on 3yr contract, initial outlay 750k, 8k per week = £1,999,000

Outlay not a lot different just the way we are going about it.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024