Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For all the money thrown about there is a real lack of quality in this league 21:28 - Aug 2 with 1164 viewsSuperblue95

Rotherham, Reading, Bolton, Brum, QPR and Hull are really poor and will be fighting against relegation. Norwich struggled last year and I don't see them doing any better. Leeds will be there usual chaotic selves. Wigan and Blackburns momentum could see them do ok but I can't see them troubling the top half too much.

Millwall will dip after last season and Brentford sell too many players every year to build a promotion team. Sheff Utd and Bristol City are decent but lacking in top quality.

Swansea and West Brom don't look like sides to bounce back and Derby will almost certainly bottle it again. Forest are splashing the cash but don't appear to be buying much proven quality and Villa look a bit of a shambles

So who does that leave to go up? Stoke should walk it. Pulls will have Boro there or thereabouts. Wednesday could do well but a few injuries like last season and they've had it. Preston are a good shout to be this years surprise package in my opinion.

Without wanting to get carried away, there looks a very good chance for us to sneak into that top six. We have a solid base from last year and we have added young hungry lower league players with a lot of talented youngsters coming through too. Maybe, just maybe, this could be our year to sneak those play offs.

It all starts in less than 48 hours and I can't wait. COYB!!!
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 21:54]

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

For all the money thrown about there is a real lack of quality in this league on 21:33 - Aug 2 with 1115 viewswkj

Millwall for me are the dark horse of the season, I wouldnt be shocked to see them in the playoffs, or even going up 1 or 2

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

For all the money thrown about there is a real lack of quality in this league on 21:36 - Aug 2 with 1089 viewsflimflam

I pretty much agree with all of that.

Stoke will walk it but noone else really worries me greatly.

Preston my dark horse as think they could make top 6
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 21:37]

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

For all the money thrown about there is a real lack of quality in this league on 21:36 - Aug 2 with 1085 viewsSuperblue95

For all the money thrown about there is a real lack of quality in this league on 21:33 - Aug 2 by wkj

Millwall for me are the dark horse of the season, I wouldnt be shocked to see them in the playoffs, or even going up 1 or 2

I can't see it but I wouldn't mind them going up. They would make the prem a bit more entertaining

For all the money thrown about there is a real lack of quality in this league on 21:40 - Aug 2 with 1065 viewsWebbyWebster

For all the money thrown about there is a real lack of quality in this league on 21:36 - Aug 2 by flimflam

I pretty much agree with all of that.

Stoke will walk it but noone else really worries me greatly.

Preston my dark horse as think they could make top 6
[Post edited 2 Aug 2018 21:37]

I would have agreed with Preston but the loss of Billy Bodin for 6 months will be devestating alongside their main attacker Maguire getting injured for 2-3 months
For all the money thrown about there is a real lack of quality in this league on 21:48 - Aug 2 with 1027 viewsIllinoisblue

I admire the optimism but let's see where we're at in the league around xmas time.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

For all the money thrown about there is a real lack of quality in this league on 21:52 - Aug 2 with 1011 viewsSuperblue95

For all the money thrown about there is a real lack of quality in this league on 21:48 - Aug 2 by Illinoisblue

I admire the optimism but let's see where we're at in the league around xmas time.

Agreed, I'm probably being over optimistic and would settle for mid table if we were blooding a few youth players and generally playing well more often than not.

My overall point though is that there aren't many teams to fear this year in comparison with recent seasons and so there is a chance for a club like ourselves or Preston, Millwall etc to upset the apple cart and get promoted

For all the money thrown about there is a real lack of quality in this league on 22:16 - Aug 2 with 914 viewsslump

I love the enthusiasm and I get it to but it's tempered with a "but we've not yet kicked a ball in anger" feeling. I have no doubt that the change in direction that the Hurst appointment is well over due for us and like most I'm relishing it, it's likely that we'll have a team that will need to bed in, which could take a while. Again,

I'll contradict again and again I'm sure. The signs against the slimey eel suckers were good, I enjoyed it, but how many of that match squad will be regular starters in a month?

That's why I'm reluctant to make any predictions, the signs are good but we have no way of knowing how it will pan out. Saturday is going to be very interesting.

UTT

For all the money thrown about there is a real lack of quality in this league on 22:18 - Aug 2 with 903 viewssundaze

For all the money thrown about there is a real lack of quality in this league on 21:52 - Aug 2 by Superblue95

Agreed, I'm probably being over optimistic and would settle for mid table if we were blooding a few youth players and generally playing well more often than not.

My overall point though is that there aren't many teams to fear this year in comparison with recent seasons and so there is a chance for a club like ourselves or Preston, Millwall etc to upset the apple cart and get promoted

I expect fans from most Championship clubs feel the same about their chances, as you do about Towns this season.

I agree about Stoke and Boro, Forest and Derby should be in the mix. It will be interesting to see how Villa, West Brom and Leeds do this time around, but I would be pleasantly surprised if Ipswich were pushing for promotion.
Login to get fewer ads

For all the money thrown about there is a real lack of quality in this league on 23:29 - Aug 2 with 799 viewsbournemouthblue

For all the money thrown about there is a real lack of quality in this league on 22:18 - Aug 2 by sundaze

I expect fans from most Championship clubs feel the same about their chances, as you do about Towns this season.

I agree about Stoke and Boro, Forest and Derby should be in the mix. It will be interesting to see how Villa, West Brom and Leeds do this time around, but I would be pleasantly surprised if Ipswich were pushing for promotion.

Agreed, it's such an unpredictable league though you can never tell

There's bound to be a totally unexpected side coming out of nowhere

Sunderland may have been in turmoil but you'd have never expected a back to back relegation

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024