Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now Jackson hands in transfer request 10:09 - Aug 3 with 2895 viewsThijssens_Tash

Another player trying to force a move to town..

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/03/por-ipswich-target-jackson-hands-in-transfe
Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 10:14 - Aug 3 with 2839 viewsStokieBlue

"Ipswich are understood to have made several offers for Jackson, with the latest bid of £1.75million being rejected by Accrington."

That's a pretty substantial bid they have rejected - not surprised he's annoyed at them for rejecting anything like that if it's true.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 10:16 - Aug 3 with 2799 viewscobbler

Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 10:14 - Aug 3 by StokieBlue

"Ipswich are understood to have made several offers for Jackson, with the latest bid of £1.75million being rejected by Accrington."

That's a pretty substantial bid they have rejected - not surprised he's annoyed at them for rejecting anything like that if it's true.

SB

I agree big money but I believe he would be well worth from what I have seen.
Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 10:17 - Aug 3 with 2796 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Can't remember the last time we had so many players (supposedly) trying to force through a move to join us!
Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 10:19 - Aug 3 with 2752 viewsTIB

Wow...just when you think things can't get anymore exciting. If we're still chasing Jackson and now Bogle...that surely means one striker is off from us...Garner hopefully.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 10:19 - Aug 3 with 2750 viewsDanFord

Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 10:14 - Aug 3 by StokieBlue

SB

Absolutely. I really want him here, but after one good season at Accrington after they got him for nothing I thought £1.25m was pretty much spot on. If they've turned down almost £500k more it's very surprising.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 10:23 - Aug 3 with 2690 viewsipswichtillidie

Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 10:19 - Aug 3 by DanFord

Absolutely. I really want him here, but after one good season at Accrington after they got him for nothing I thought £1.25m was pretty much spot on. If they've turned down almost £500k more it's very surprising.

Out of all the links and possibles this was one I really wanted to happen. Can’t really base it on to much as I’ve only seen a few clips like most others. But he definitely has something this guy and has pace to burn. Reminded me a little of the David Johnson (not in appearance obviously😆)

Gav

Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 10:26 - Aug 3 with 2618 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'd obviously like Hursty to get who he wants. But am I alone in not being that keen on the player's reactions here? We'd be a bit miffed to say the least if we had our best players handing in transfer requests after being unsettled by a PL team.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 10:27 - Aug 3 with 2611 viewsMetal_Hacker

For me if Waghorn does go this is the one signing along with Nolan that we REALLY do need...oh and either Nsiala or Tilt , both would be good but let's be realistic we're Ipswich

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

That's football though on 10:29 - Aug 3 with 2567 viewsDyland

Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 10:26 - Aug 3 by Swansea_Blue

I'd obviously like Hursty to get who he wants. But am I alone in not being that keen on the player's reactions here? We'd be a bit miffed to say the least if we had our best players handing in transfer requests after being unsettled by a PL team.

We've had to roll with the punches so often ourselves it's hard to really give a sh1t tbh. Imo.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 10:29 - Aug 3 with 2553 viewsDanFord

It is life changing for them though. Our players don't struggle to pay their mortgages. They are on £10k a week and have 3 year contracts. Some of those lower down will be on £1k or £2k a week, so more than average but not so much money they've bought a house outright and have security forever. A lot will be on 1 or 2 year deals and given how much changes in those divisions you can't blame them for being desperate to take their chance to step up when their stock is high, fulfil their dreams and get to a level of financial security. Blokes in League 2 earn what we do. League 1 a good deal more. Championship you are set for life and Premier League is just bonkers.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 10:32 - Aug 3 with 2522 viewstextbackup

its a dog eat dog world

anyway, we'll be up by xmas so no need to worry really. its only when real Madrid start sniffing after a good season next year that we need to worry

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 10:42 - Aug 3 with 2432 viewsRamRob

Accrington chairman says that isn't the case, happy for him to move on but only for "fair" price

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 10:45 - Aug 3 with 2390 viewspointofblue

Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 10:42 - Aug 3 by RamRob

Accrington chairman says that isn't the case, happy for him to move on but only for "fair" price

I can’t imagine we have put in a £1.75m bid then - unless it’s £750,000 up front and £1m as a promotion clause; I can see why Accrington might baulk at that!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 11:02 - Aug 3 with 2236 viewsMonkey_Blue

Looking at his record he is over priced at £750k for me. £2.5m? For that you want a lot better goal scoring record and consistently. I’m not saying he would be a terrible signing but I don’t think there is anything like enough in his past to suggest he’s worth 7 figures at the moment.
Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 11:22 - Aug 3 with 2122 viewsPilgrimblue

Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 11:02 - Aug 3 by Monkey_Blue

Looking at his record he is over priced at £750k for me. £2.5m? For that you want a lot better goal scoring record and consistently. I’m not saying he would be a terrible signing but I don’t think there is anything like enough in his past to suggest he’s worth 7 figures at the moment.

Can't help thinking that AS may have overplayed their hand by overpricing Jackson and then having very unhappy player on the bench. Not sure how long his contract is but his value can only go down if this situation continues.
Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 12:53 - Aug 3 with 1947 viewsFreddy

Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 11:22 - Aug 3 by Pilgrimblue

Can't help thinking that AS may have overplayed their hand by overpricing Jackson and then having very unhappy player on the bench. Not sure how long his contract is but his value can only go down if this situation continues.

Same as Waggy, we want top whack, he wants to move & wont be happy if it don't go thru soon
Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 12:57 - Aug 3 with 1924 viewsgt81

Now Jackson hands in transfer request on 12:53 - Aug 3 by Freddy

Same as Waggy, we want top whack, he wants to move & wont be happy if it don't go thru soon

Only there is nothing to suggest Waghorn wouldn't be happy if he ended up staying.

In any case, moving to another Championship club is a lateral move for him, sure other teams may have a better chance of promotion, and we may yet struggle, but it's not like he'd be making a big step up nor would he have a great deal to prove other than repeating last season's success.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 13:43]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024