Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accrington chirman.. 11:25 - Aug 3 with 3003 viewsRedX

Laying it on the line..

Accrington chirman.. on 11:26 - Aug 3 with 2972 viewsmoughm

COME ON YOU BLUES!

Accrington chirman.. on 11:26 - Aug 3 with 2941 viewsKeno

Accrington chirman.. on 11:26 - Aug 3 by moughm

Blubtastic!!

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Accrington chirman.. on 11:28 - Aug 3 with 2909 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm not surprised chairman are standing up to us in this way. Our negotiating style where we don't get near their value and try to grind them down is probably very irritating. This way he can show Jackson a deal was to be done but we didn't offer enough and they can move on.

Fair play.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Accrington chirman.. on 11:33 - Aug 3 with 2788 viewsbadadski

Accrington chirman.. on 11:28 - Aug 3 by J2BLUE

I'm not surprised chairman are standing up to us in this way. Our negotiating style where we don't get near their value and try to grind them down is probably very irritating. This way he can show Jackson a deal was to be done but we didn't offer enough and they can move on.

Fair play.

They will just have an upset player on their hands as his value looks to be purposely valued above his level and achievements to date especially with so little left on his contract.

It shows they want to keep him so take note Ipswich Town, they are risking a player walking away for free just to keep him for one final season or are saying any team will have to pay well over the odds which i would not do for some one of his level. David Norris Saga all over again. Move on from this is what i would say in a non professional capacity which is what Town look to be doing.
Accrington chirman.. on 11:33 - Aug 3 with 2784 viewsITFC_Forever

Fair play.

ME is Daniel Levy.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

But if the valuation is excessive..... on 11:34 - Aug 3 with 2752 viewsBloots

Fair play.

....how does that benefit anyone?

Least of all the player.

Jackson has one year left and has asked for a transfer.

Accrington and the player are the one's who lose out in this situation, we'll just move on to a different player.

He'll end up leaving in January for about £500,000.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

But if the valuation is excessive..... on 11:37 - Aug 3 with 2685 viewsJ2BLUE

But if the valuation is excessive..... on 11:34 - Aug 3 by Bloots

Least of all the player.

Accrington and the player are the one's who lose out in this situation, we'll just move on to a different player.

I find it hard to believe we've offered £1.5m in the first place.

All the people on here saying things like 'so we'll bring in Tilt, Nsiala, Nolan and Jackson' have amused me. It's like everyone has forgotten how we work.

Truly impaired.

But if the valuation is excessive..... on 11:38 - Aug 3 with 2660 viewsKeno

Least of all the player.

and also if a club like Accrington get a reputation for not allowing young players to move on for a 'big break' then they will find they dont get young players joining them

Login to get fewer ads

Accrington chirman.. on 11:38 - Aug 3 with 2659 viewswkj

Accrington chirman.. on 11:26 - Aug 3 by Keno

Blubtastic!!

I don't see it as a blub, but more of a statement of intent to stanley fans. Knowing a bigger team was slain in the hunt for one of their stars will masively boost the fan base, so well played I say.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Accrington chirman.. on 11:45 - Aug 3 with 2556 viewsbadadski

Accrington chirman.. on 11:38 - Aug 3 by wkj

I don't see it as a blub, but more of a statement of intent to stanley fans. Knowing a bigger team was slain in the hunt for one of their stars will masively boost the fan base, so well played I say.

I'm in agreement with saying well done to them, message of intent and strong one knowing it loses them money and upsets a player. In fairness we need a Central Defender more than a striker and 1.75 mil rejected means we have that back on the books so should speed up the Tilt, Toto and Nolan deals.
But if the valuation is excessive..... on 11:45 - Aug 3 with 2546 viewsPilgrimblue

Least of all the player.

Precisely and there's a risk that his form will drop off and he'll be worth even less (as many do).
It happens every year that good teams lose good players its life in the lower leagues. I mean how much will Coventry get from Maddison transfer, loads. They could reinvest from lower leagues and enjoy League 1 or lose momentum and go backwards. It's not an easy one but if they get it wrong its lose/lose, very silly!
Accrington chirman.. on 11:50 - Aug 3 with 2486 viewsKeno

yeah but I like typing Blubtastic and haven't been able to for a while

Accrington chirman.. on 12:05 - Aug 3 with 2402 viewsagentp

Fair play.

It's the way ALL transfers are done. It usually takes 3-4 bids. We deal no differently to anyone else

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Accrington chirman.. on 12:06 - Aug 3 with 2386 viewswkj

Accrington chirman.. on 11:50 - Aug 3 by Keno

yeah but I like typing Blubtastic and haven't been able to for a while

Truce will be back to his old self soon enough, patience son

Crybaby

A statement of intent is all well and good..... on 12:11 - Aug 3 with 2347 viewsBloots

....but we aren't talking about Man Utd fending off Barcelona for Pogba here.

We're talking about a "community club" that needs to build new bogs for it's fans turning down a more than decent bid for one of it's players.

"Principled" businessmen tend to not lead successful businesses, unfortunately.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Accrington chirman.. on 12:17 - Aug 3 with 2260 viewsArcher4721

Fair play.

I've never paid full asking price for anything.....Nobody does.
Accrington chirman.. on 12:38 - Aug 3 with 2175 viewsJ2BLUE

Accrington chirman.. on 12:17 - Aug 3 by Archer4721

I've never paid full asking price for anything.....Nobody does.

You haggle in Tesco eh?

I know what you're saying but the Tilt transfer, for example, has rumbled on for ages. Our second bid was apparently 55% of the asking price. The third was 70%. If we get the players then great but I think we'll end up with mostly loans .

We desperately need a CB, preferably two. I'd be much happier if we got Nsiala and Nolan in the building.

Truly impaired.

Accrington chirman.. on 12:39 - Aug 3 with 2163 viewsGlebeTractor

Accrington chirman.. on 11:26 - Aug 3 by moughm

This is an owner who has various fitness coaches, yet buys all the players a McDonalds after most games...

"When both needs are satisfied" - You're A.Stanley mate, £1.75m is huge for a club as insignificant as them, I feel sorry for their fans, imagine the talent 1.75m could get you in L1.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

A statement of intent is all well and good..... on 12:40 - Aug 3 with 2142 viewswkj

A statement of intent is all well and good..... on 12:11 - Aug 3 by Bloots

....but we aren't talking about Man Utd fending off Barcelona for Pogba here.

We're talking about a "community club" that needs to build new bogs for it's fans turning down a more than decent bid for one of it's players.

"Principled" businessmen tend to not lead successful businesses, unfortunately.

To accrington fans it probably is comparible. I know if say Everton came in for Waghorn, and we fended them off I would be pretty pleased

Crybaby

Accrington chirman.. on 12:41 - Aug 3 with 2122 viewsJ2BLUE

Accrington chirman.. on 12:39 - Aug 3 by GlebeTractor

This is an owner who has various fitness coaches, yet buys all the players a McDonalds after most games...

"When both needs are satisfied" - You're A.Stanley mate, £1.75m is huge for a club as insignificant as them, I feel sorry for their fans, imagine the talent 1.75m could get you in L1.

Our players often have Dominos after games. Fairly standard thing.

I remember going in McDonalds on Ranleigh Road when I was a kid and the entire Stoke team were in there. One of them (too young to remember) told my nan that when they won the club paid for their meals and when they lost they bought them themselves. I bet they were gutted handing over that £3.

Truly impaired.

Accrington chirman.. on 12:43 - Aug 3 with 2110 viewsGlebeTractor

Accrington chirman.. on 12:41 - Aug 3 by J2BLUE

I remember going in McDonalds on Ranleigh Road when I was a kid and the entire Stoke team were in there. One of them (too young to remember) told my nan that when they won the club paid for their meals and when they lost they bought them themselves. I bet they were gutted handing over that £3.

Maybe I was a little harsh about the McDonalds thing, however; the whole situation is annoying, the improvements a club like AS could get with that sort of money is ridiculous.

Greed breeds more greed.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Accrington chirman.. on 12:44 - Aug 3 with 2092 viewswkj

Accrington chirman.. on 12:41 - Aug 3 by J2BLUE

I would have loved to have seen Micky stockwell in the Wimpy back in the day

Crybaby

But if the valuation is excessive..... on 12:47 - Aug 3 with 2054 viewsSteve_M

But if the valuation is excessive..... on 11:38 - Aug 3 by Keno

and also if a club like Accrington get a reputation for not allowing young players to move on for a 'big break' then they will find they dont get young players joining them

Well, other than the young player they let leave for, err, us earlier in the week.

They will sell but they just want to maximise what they get fro Jackson, a bit like we do with Waghorn.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Accrington chirman.. on 12:52 - Aug 3 with 2013 viewsagentp

Accrington chirman.. on 12:38 - Aug 3 by J2BLUE

You haggle in Tesco eh?

I know what you're saying but the Tilt transfer, for example, has rumbled on for ages. Our second bid was apparently 55% of the asking price. The third was 70%. If we get the players then great but I think we'll end up with mostly loans .

We desperately need a CB, preferably two. I'd be much happier if we got Nsiala and Nolan in the building.

But you gauge those higher bids on whatever other targets you have.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

But if the valuation is excessive..... on 12:59 - Aug 3 with 1987 viewsFreddy

But if the valuation is excessive..... on 11:37 - Aug 3 by J2BLUE

I find it hard to believe we've offered £1.5m in the first place.

All the people on here saying things like 'so we'll bring in Tilt, Nsiala, Nolan and Jackson' have amused me. It's like everyone has forgotten how we work.

He wants 2m & there are other clubs interested so he'll probably get it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024