Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC predictions - f'king morons! 12:51 - Aug 3 with 1316 viewspatrickswell

So a guy with 500+ matches in the lower leagues whose led each team he's managed into promotion chases is predicted to finish in the bottom three, while Frank Lampard who has never managed until tonight will take his team to a 3rd place finish. These experts need to stop sucking Lampard's c0kk and apply some perspective to the subject they write about.

I don't generally bash the BBC but this is a crock of sheite.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 13:00]
BBC predictions - f'king morons! on 12:53 - Aug 3 with 1285 viewswkj

BBC's sport articles are generally poor- but then you see they turn to people like Robbie savage to provide content, and it all becomes clear

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

BBC predictions - f'king morons! on 12:53 - Aug 3 with 1278 viewsJoHnNnY

I put a tenner on us being Champions!.. lol well you gotta dream.

75/1 that’ll be a double thumbs up!

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

BBC predictions - f'king morons! on 12:54 - Aug 3 with 1268 viewsfooters

Seems like very, very few people give us any chance this term. Quelle surprise. We'll do what we always do and fly under the radar while others are over-promising and under-delivering.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

BBC predictions - f'king morons! on 12:55 - Aug 3 with 1252 viewswkj

BBC predictions - f'king morons! on 12:53 - Aug 3 by JoHnNnY

I put a tenner on us being Champions!.. lol well you gotta dream.

75/1 that’ll be a double thumbs up!

Stranger things have happened- Not sure what the odds are now, but there was an 18/1 25 or 27 point handicap book for town someone brought up the other day, that was a tasty book.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 12:56]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

BBC predictions - f'king morons! on 12:57 - Aug 3 with 1220 viewshype313

Ok, If you were to put £100 on a bet, who do you think will finish higher out of us and Derby?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

BBC predictions - f'king morons! on 12:59 - Aug 3 with 1210 viewspatrickswell

For what it's worth, I see a mid-table finish and there are a lot of imponderables over us this season. It's a learning process for Hurst, highest level he's ever managed at and some of the transfer stories coming out are frustrating - but we'll be fine I think.
BBC predictions - f'king morons! on 13:01 - Aug 3 with 1199 viewsTractorWood

It's difficult to be objective. The Lampard love in is pretty painful.

However, you could flip it on its head and say it's logical that a man who's played at the top level for two decades and won everything a club level and 100+ caps at international level has a decent chance at finishing high up a league with a really strong budget versus a man who has never managed in the championship or played at a level above the championship with a pretty meagre budget.

The reality is probably somewhere in the middle. I can see why people outside of the club think we'll struggle. Most of our decent players are being courted by clubs with bigger budgets and being replaced by players from league 1 or 2. I still think we'll be fine if totally unspectacular.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 13:05]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

BBC predictions - f'king morons! on 13:01 - Aug 3 with 1195 viewsBasuco

I expect other clubs felt the same when we had RK as manager, he was always on tv and the sports pages.
Login to get fewer ads

BBC predictions - f'king morons! on 13:04 - Aug 3 with 1161 viewspatrickswell

BBC predictions - f'king morons! on 12:57 - Aug 3 by hype313

Ok, If you were to put £100 on a bet, who do you think will finish higher out of us and Derby?

Derby, but only because they'll likely as not have a poor start, throw Lampard out by November when Mel Morris has his usual panic and then Warnock (or McCarthy??) will step in, settle the ship and nudge into the top half of the table.

Rinse and repeat as Derby always do....
BBC predictions - f'king morons! on 13:08 - Aug 3 with 1141 viewsfactual_blue

It was a BBC pundit who, a few years ago, described Town's purchase of Lee Martin as the the bargain of the season.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024