Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stride gaming/Magical Vegas 13:42 - Aug 3 with 1385 viewslukey130490

Very surprised I havent seen anything mentioned on here about the Gambling Commission penalty Stride Gaming have received (They're the holding company for Magical Vegas).
This kind of thing is no big deal, happens all the time in the industry, but am a bit surprised all those who didnt like the fact we had a gambling sponsor havent shouted this from the rooftop
Stride gaming/Magical Vegas on 13:44 - Aug 3 with 1365 viewsDanFord

That's a very clever way of shouting it from the rooftops.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Stride gaming/Magical Vegas on 13:44 - Aug 3 with 1359 viewsSwansea_Blue

People with no interest in gambling (who are likely to be opposed to our sponsor) won’t even be aware of it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Stride gaming/Magical Vegas on 13:45 - Aug 3 with 1354 viewslukey130490

Stride gaming/Magical Vegas on 13:44 - Aug 3 by Swansea_Blue

People with no interest in gambling (who are likely to be opposed to our sponsor) won’t even be aware of it.

You do have a point I guess, tbf i only came across it this morning when checking through my emails as I work in the industry!
Stride gaming/Magical Vegas on 14:41 - Aug 3 with 1274 viewsIllinoisblue

what was the penalty?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Stride gaming/Magical Vegas on 14:45 - Aug 3 with 1267 viewslukey130490

Stride gaming/Magical Vegas on 14:41 - Aug 3 by Illinoisblue

what was the penalty?

The notice doesnt actually say, this is the wording...

"The Company notes that a subsidiary of the Company (the "Licensee") has received notice (the
“Notice”) from the Gambling Commission of Great Britain (the "UKGC") of its intention to require the
Licensee to pay a significant financial penalty following a review of the manner in which the Licensee
has historically carried on its licensed activities. The Company further notes that the Notice is not final.
The Company is taking advice as to its options from its advisers, which include making representations
to the UKGC about the proposed financial penalty and, if need be, appealing the ultimate decision of
the UKGC and/or the size of any penalty"
Stride gaming/Magical Vegas on 15:05 - Aug 3 with 1219 viewsSteve_M

"This kind of thing is no big deal, happens all the time in the industry"

And therein lies one of the reasons so many people dislike being sponsored by an online gambling company. Rules, decency? Np, they're for everyone else.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Stride gaming/Magical Vegas on 15:31 - Aug 3 with 1179 viewsWithnail

Stride gaming/Magical Vegas on 15:05 - Aug 3 by Steve_M

"This kind of thing is no big deal, happens all the time in the industry"

And therein lies one of the reasons so many people dislike being sponsored by an online gambling company. Rules, decency? Np, they're for everyone else.

Do you know what the charges are?
Stride gaming/Magical Vegas on 15:41 - Aug 3 with 1160 viewslukey130490

Stride gaming/Magical Vegas on 15:31 - Aug 3 by Withnail

Do you know what the charges are?

nah, the notice just says this
require the Licensee to pay a significant financial penalty following a review of the manner in which the Licensee has historically carried on its licensed activities

So its how they did things in the past, doesnt necessarily mean that they're doing anything wrong now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024