Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Towns chances 15:40 - Aug 4 with 4678 viewsgobs93

I've rarely been negative over the last few years (despite mick) yet this is the first time I have very little faith in our squad right now. In my opinion, we have a team of league one players. Our youth is positive but even downes couldn't get into the Luton squad at the end of last season - dozzell is our main prospect yet he's still lightweight. We look seriously bare bones - no out and out goalscorer, I know Edwards has scored but he looks scared to get involved and when he's on the ball looks weak. We lack an assombalonga, bamford, murray, Gayle - we even lack creativity which is very scary. There is no spark in the side whatsoever. Most seasons I'm optimistic but without a few quality championship level signings, we are really, really going to struggle this year.
Towns chances on 15:43 - Aug 4 with 3691 viewsnoggin

Ok

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Towns chances on 15:44 - Aug 4 with 3660 viewsOldsmoker

Halfway through the first half of the first game.
You give up too easily.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Towns chances on 15:45 - Aug 4 with 3649 viewsgobs93

Towns chances on 15:43 - Aug 4 by noggin

Ok

It's only my opinion at the moment (I hope changes) - are you optimistic for the season?
Towns chances on 15:46 - Aug 4 with 3632 viewsnoggin

Towns chances on 15:45 - Aug 4 by gobs93

It's only my opinion at the moment (I hope changes) - are you optimistic for the season?

Yes, yes I am.

Towns chances on 15:48 - Aug 4 with 3604 viewsgobs93

Towns chances on 15:44 - Aug 4 by Oldsmoker

Halfway through the first half of the first game.
You give up too easily.

How is it giving up? It's an overview of the squad from my opinion, made before this game. I'm sure a lot of people think differently but being subjective, I'm simply saying I'm worried. Not just by quality, also by depth.
Towns chances on 15:48 - Aug 4 with 3597 viewsjpring89

Towns chances on 15:45 - Aug 4 by gobs93

Would your opinion change if we won 3-2

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Towns chances on 15:49 - Aug 4 with 3568 viewsgobs93

Towns chances on 15:48 - Aug 4 by jpring89

Would your opinion change if we won 3-2

I'm saying we are 2-3 signings away from being a play-off chasing side. We lack quality, at cb, in cm and also as a goal scoring side - simple as that.
Towns chances on 15:57 - Aug 4 with 3411 viewsFixed_It

Towns chances on 15:49 - Aug 4 by gobs93

I'm saying we are 2-3 signings away from being a play-off chasing side. We lack quality, at cb, in cm and also as a goal scoring side - simple as that.

It would be a worry if the manager wasn't aware. But he is. So shush!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Towns chances on 16:00 - Aug 4 with 3342 viewsgobs93

All I'm saying is, is that only one of our players would walk into a team like stoke, west brom, villa and that is Bart (and potentially waghorn). I know money is involved in the situation which is annoying but we are picking players from league one for cheap, who aren't necessarily bad, but unfortunately we can't afford the lawrences, mitrovics, rodriquezs, kodjias etc who are absolute championship game changers
Towns chances on 16:01 - Aug 4 with 3327 viewsgobs93

Towns chances on 15:57 - Aug 4 by Fixed_It

It would be a worry if the manager wasn't aware. But he is. So shush!

So you reckon we are gunna pull out a few high level championship quality signings before the end of the window?
Towns chances on 16:07 - Aug 4 with 3268 viewsPMac13

Towns chances on 16:01 - Aug 4 by gobs93

So you reckon we are gunna pull out a few high level championship quality signings before the end of the window?

I think we all know that this is a work in progress, we have recruited young hungry players from the leagues below who Ned to learn and adapt to the Championship. Of course the first game was going to be difficult, new manager, players, system etc but let’s judge how good the squad is in October rather than now.

We are halfway through our first game and there have been some encouraging signs for me...
Towns chances on 16:07 - Aug 4 with 3262 viewsBondiBlue

Well if that’s your first attempt at negativity, you’ve nailed it. Don’t worry - first day of any season is going to be weird, especially this one with a new manager, so many new signings (and so many still to come). We’ll be fine.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Towns chances on 16:09 - Aug 4 with 3248 viewsnoggin

Towns chances on 16:01 - Aug 4 by gobs93

How well do you know the new signings? Do you think everyone who has played at a lower level is only good enough for that level?

Towns chances on 16:11 - Aug 4 with 3227 viewsgobs93

Towns chances on 16:09 - Aug 4 by noggin

How well do you know the new signings? Do you think everyone who has played at a lower level is only good enough for that level?

Absolutely not at all - I'm not saying that's gamble on a hungry, lower league player won't pay off. I'm just saying I'm struggling to see one player in our squad who is a stand out, high level, top end championship player, that's all
Towns chances on 16:13 - Aug 4 with 3217 viewsgobs93

Towns chances on 16:07 - Aug 4 by BondiBlue

Well if that’s your first attempt at negativity, you’ve nailed it. Don’t worry - first day of any season is going to be weird, especially this one with a new manager, so many new signings (and so many still to come). We’ll be fine.

Ahaha okay fair, I'm not trying not to be negative if I can. I'll hold you to that though - I hope we will be fine!!
Towns chances on 16:14 - Aug 4 with 3208 viewsgobs93

Towns chances on 16:07 - Aug 4 by BondiBlue

Also, are you bondi as in Sydney? I'm currently living in bondi junction! watching on beinsports atm
Towns chances on 16:19 - Aug 4 with 3185 viewsgobs93

Towns chances on 16:07 - Aug 4 by PMac13

I think we all know that this is a work in progress, we have recruited young hungry players from the leagues below who Ned to learn and adapt to the Championship. Of course the first game was going to be difficult, new manager, players, system etc but let’s judge how good the squad is in October rather than now.

We are halfway through our first game and there have been some encouraging signs for me...

I know it's a negative opinion and I really don't want to be. I just look at a Derbys line up from last night or stokes team and our line up for tonight, I'm struggling to see two players I would take from our line up into there's - that's all.
Towns chances on 16:27 - Aug 4 with 3126 viewsnoggin

Towns chances on 16:19 - Aug 4 by gobs93

I know it's a negative opinion and I really don't want to be. I just look at a Derbys line up from last night or stokes team and our line up for tonight, I'm struggling to see two players I would take from our line up into there's - that's all.

Where have you been for the last 16 years?

Towns chances on 16:32 - Aug 4 with 3094 viewsgobs93

Towns chances on 16:27 - Aug 4 by noggin

Where have you been for the last 16 years?

Waghorn, Murphy, when fit mcgoldrick have all been game changing players who have offered quality when needed. All I'm saying is we are missing those kind of players. I understand i may be wrong and I want more than anything for us to uncover an absolute gem, just feel we lack something right now that's all.
Towns chances on 16:42 - Aug 4 with 3043 viewsnoggin

Towns chances on 16:32 - Aug 4 by gobs93

Waghorn, Murphy, when fit mcgoldrick have all been game changing players who have offered quality when needed. All I'm saying is we are missing those kind of players. I understand i may be wrong and I want more than anything for us to uncover an absolute gem, just feel we lack something right now that's all.

Did you know that about those 3, after half a game?

Towns chances on 16:42 - Aug 4 with 3044 viewsgobs93

Don't like saying it about one of our players but donacien doesn't look up to championship level, from first viewing that is. He may prove me wrong!
Towns chances on 16:46 - Aug 4 with 3020 viewsgobs93

Towns chances on 16:42 - Aug 4 by noggin

Did you know that about those 3, after half a game?

I've made it very clear this is a subjective opinion based on what I've seen from the players from their previous teams, pre season and this game. If you don't agree fair enough.
on 17:06 - Aug 4 with 2909 views_

Towns chances on 17:10 - Aug 4 with 2877 viewsgobs93

on 17:06 - Aug 4 by _

Am I not allowed my opinion and to discuss it with other town fans? The irony of the name Libero when the only constructive input you have is abuse
on 17:11 - Aug 4 with 2868 views_

Towns chances on 17:10 - Aug 4 by gobs93

Am I not allowed my opinion and to discuss it with other town fans? The irony of the name Libero when the only constructive input you have is abuse

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024