Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PATIENCE 17:05 - Aug 4 with 2596 viewsDarth_Koont

Just putting it out there before people get too absolute in their opinions/scapegoating/general numbskullery.

Pronouns: He/Him

PATIENCE on 17:06 - Aug 4 with 2560 viewsSwansea_Blue

We've been linked with him several times. I can't see it happening though!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

PATIENCE on 17:08 - Aug 4 with 2530 viewsStokieBlue

Too late. Some proper rubbish been posted already.

It's a work in progress that's nowhere near complete on a very hot day.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

PATIENCE on 17:09 - Aug 4 with 2527 viewsDanTheMan

PATIENCE on 17:08 - Aug 4 by StokieBlue

Too late. Some proper rubbish been posted already.

It's a work in progress that's nowhere near complete on a very hot day.

SB

Not only that, there was obvious glimpses of what we could do. Edwards in particular looks like he's going to be wonderful to watch this season.

A few more signings and we're set for an interesting season.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

PATIENCE on 17:13 - Aug 4 with 2503 viewsDarth_Koont

PATIENCE on 17:09 - Aug 4 by DanTheMan

Not only that, there was obvious glimpses of what we could do. Edwards in particular looks like he's going to be wonderful to watch this season.

Interestingly apart from the goal which was great I thought he'd been average for 80 minutes. But when the energy in the game changed (more that Blackburn started to see the finishing line rather than we started playing) he was excellent.

Just shows what happens when you hang in games and keep going. Plus what might happen if we actually play well in the first place. Very exciting!

On a side note, I thought Harrison did really well today with less than nothing to work with. Fantastic effort from him.

PATIENCE on 17:14 - Aug 4 with 2492 viewstrueblue1970

before the game I think they said we had only 4 players starting who finished the last game where as Blackburn had 10

Its going to take time
PATIENCE on 17:30 - Aug 4 with 2429 viewsStokieBlue

PATIENCE on 17:09 - Aug 4 by DanTheMan

When he flicked it over the defenders head and ran the otherside and then ask the way to the box it was lovely.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

PATIENCE on 17:33 - Aug 4 with 2423 viewsHerbivore

We look a work in progress in pretty much all areas but that is understandable. Hard to say an awful lot more than that really, I'm sure we'll be a better side in 6 weeks.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

PATIENCE on 17:43 - Aug 4 with 2374 viewsFtnfwest

I know exactly what you mean, but tbh any posts like that are extremely limited today.
Login to get fewer ads

PATIENCE on 17:48 - Aug 4 with 2352 viewsDarth_Koont

PATIENCE on 17:43 - Aug 4 by Ftnfwest

I know exactly what you mean, but tbh any posts like that are extremely limited today.

Agreed. Thanks to my pre-emptive post.

You can thank me later.

PATIENCE on 17:51 - Aug 4 with 2334 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

PATIENCE on 17:33 - Aug 4 by Herbivore

We look a work in progress in pretty much all areas but that is understandable. Hard to say an awful lot more than that really, I'm sure we'll be a better side in 6 weeks.

This in a nutshell. As the saying goes, Rome wasn,t built in a day. More new players to bed into Mr Hursts philosophy next week with the expected arrival of Nolan, Nsialla, possibly Tilt plus a striker.
There will be some good performances & some not so good, but, that is to be expected. When it all clicks into place, there will be some exciting times ahead.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

PATIENCE on 18:02 - Aug 4 with 2293 viewsFtnfwest

PATIENCE on 17:48 - Aug 4 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. Thanks to my pre-emptive post.

You can thank me later.

One step ahead!
PATIENCE on 18:06 - Aug 4 with 2235 viewsBenters2

Yeah those of us at the game realise that and thank you oh wise one x
PATIENCE on 18:06 - Aug 4 with 2243 viewsDarth_Koont

PATIENCE on 18:02 - Aug 4 by Ftnfwest

One step ahead!

Haha. No, but you're right. No-one's gone all fundamentalist.

Which, never mind getting a point and avoiding defeat, shows the value of Edun's goal.

PATIENCE on 18:10 - Aug 4 with 2226 viewsITFCBlues

PATIENCE on 17:13 - Aug 4 by Darth_Koont

Interestingly apart from the goal which was great I thought he'd been average for 80 minutes. But when the energy in the game changed (more that Blackburn started to see the finishing line rather than we started playing) he was excellent.

Just shows what happens when you hang in games and keep going. Plus what might happen if we actually play well in the first place. Very exciting!

On a side note, I thought Harrison did really well today with less than nothing to work with. Fantastic effort from him.

The one thing that was missing today was that number 10. Harrison was fairly isolated for long periods - need to get more bodies forward and in support.

Sears as well for me - need a proper LW to help make things happen along with the obvious CB issues.

I’d like to keep Knudsen if possible & secure him a new deal. He was good today, got forward well and defended well. He’s come along a lot over the last year or so. He just needs a little
More composure when he does get into the final third.

Overall though, was pleased enough with what I saw. It’s a work in progress and a lot of rebuilding to do to get Hursts style of play across. It’s not likely to happen in 5-6 weeks unfortunately!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

PATIENCE on 18:25 - Aug 4 with 2170 viewsFtnfwest

PATIENCE on 18:06 - Aug 4 by Darth_Koont

Haha. No, but you're right. No-one's gone all fundamentalist.

Which, never mind getting a point and avoiding defeat, shows the value of Edun's goal.

Just hoping people stick with this, as I’ve said before this season is as close to a free hit that any managers going to get, bar a really horrific relegation battle
PATIENCE on 18:28 - Aug 4 with 2153 viewsDarth_Koont

PATIENCE on 18:25 - Aug 4 by Ftnfwest

Just hoping people stick with this, as I’ve said before this season is as close to a free hit that any managers going to get, bar a really horrific relegation battle

Agreed. Under Mick we'd have had boos at half-time and possibly even full-time despite the late excitement.

We need to channel this while we can.

PATIENCE on 18:52 - Aug 4 with 2109 viewspointofblue

PATIENCE on 17:14 - Aug 4 by trueblue1970

before the game I think they said we had only 4 players starting who finished the last game where as Blackburn had 10

Its going to take time

Ipswich (v Boro): BIALKOWSKI, Carter-Vickers, Webster, Knudsen, SPENCE, Kenlock, SKUSE, Connolly, Nydam, Waghorn, SEARS

Dack in for Armstrong was Blackburn's only change in comparison. We've lost three players, soon to be four (Carter-Vickers, Webster, Connolly and Waghorn) from that line up too.

Revolution rather than evolution?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

PATIENCE on 19:00 - Aug 4 with 2074 viewscrunchie1978

Well....a post from you that I actually agree with lol
Think with the amount of new players we has in today plus what's coming patience is definitely what's called for.
But exciting times....for a change.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024