Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My thoughts on each of our new signings 17:10 - Aug 4 with 1173 viewsAlexGreen

My take on the debutants today:

Harrison: Fastest striker we've had for a while. Worked extremely hard and if given service should get us a decent return of goals. Exposed and alone for long periods, didn't get frustrated and always looking for the ball. Should be pleased with his performance.

Donacien: Played centre back and switched to the right when Spence went off. Was probably our weakest link to be honest, was beaten for Dack's goal and got away with a big mistake that would've made it 3-1 when sending the cross straight back to the striker in the six yard box. If he gets a run at right back he may turn out ok but definitely not centre back.

Chalobah: Looks great, but raw. This was his first game in league football I think and he oozes quality, but maybe tried to do a little too much with the ball at times. Will learn well alongside Skuse and I can see him being a key part of our evolving midfield.

Edun: I was initially disappointed he was brought on and not Dozzell but he made a definite impact. Always looking for the key pass, was fortunate that his cross sneaked in for the goal but definite positive intent from him - a slightly underwhelming announcement when he was signed and not sure what role he'll end up cementing as his own here but if this was his performance after one day with the team we may be pleasantly surprised.

Edwards: A class above everyone else on the pitch. Scored one and assisted the other (albeit without having to do much for Edun's goal). His flick and run in the second half was something I don't remember seeing since Dyer. So exciting to think that he is ours - he looks like an absolute steal and I can see why Peterborough were so sad to lose him. Can't wait to see more of him.

Not new signings but both Woolfenden and Morris can be pleased with their contribution - Woolfenden was clearly carrying an injury at the end but with no other subs battled through, and Morris' twist and shot moments after coming on had everyone on their feet.

If we do end up buying the two from Shrewsbury and Tilt, as well as a much needed striker, I think we're going to be ok - Hurst looks like he's spending our money well
[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 17:20]

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

My thoughts on each of our new signings on 17:14 - Aug 4 with 1070 viewsJ2BLUE

Important to remember Donacien only signed a few days ago and that was his first game slotting into a defence where the other three are firmly established.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

My thoughts on each of our new signings on 17:39 - Aug 4 with 887 viewsfloridaboy

My thoughts on each of our new signings on 17:14 - Aug 4 by J2BLUE

Important to remember Donacien only signed a few days ago and that was his first game slotting into a defence where the other three are firmly established.

Agree with that. Think he might well be better suited to right back, not bad throw in either.

With all the changes that have gone on, with a new manager with fresh ideas I would think the vast majority went home happy.

If Hurst gets in the players he wants then can see us having a decent season. Not world beaters by a long shot but it would be great to have some decent football back at Portman Road again.

Can see why Hurst is protecting Dozzell. Admits he is not fully fit, would go down really well with fans if he had played him and the boy got injured again.
My thoughts on each of our new signings on 17:44 - Aug 4 with 828 viewschristiand

My thoughts on each of our new signings on 17:14 - Aug 4 by J2BLUE

Yes, I'd agree with that J2Blue. However, I'd get him on the training ground next week and getting him heading the ball instead of letting it bounce!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024