Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can Not Hold Back Any Longer 19:17 - Aug 4 with 5657 viewseddiespearitt03

No one likes to knock a player but after the last two seasons it is obvious Freddy Sears is not good enough.

He offered very little and certainly not a starter in the first team. Little movement....predictable movement.....second to the ball...…...little threat...…and out muscled.
Get the young lads on, they offer more enthusiasm, energy and much more going forward.
You could say Skuse had a quiet game too. It could be said he was not in his usual position floating around in front of the defence but he was just not in the game at all. We have the young guns so lets play them now.

As much as I love this club we have to try something different.
Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:19 - Aug 4 with 4215 viewswkj

You see, Sears was pretty decent in the first half, when the formation changed, not so much. Sears might not be someone we should start week in week out, but he has a place in the squad imho

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:24 - Aug 4 with 4121 viewsBLUEBEAT

Is this the Sears who got the assist for the first goal with a peachy cross?

Poll: W or W

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:28 - Aug 4 with 4067 viewsMatt_Netherlands

As much as I want to see him do well and succeed, I do have to agree with you, he should be a squad player for us and he quite openly said he would do that last season.

Wonder if he fancies a move up to Accrington to sweeten the Jackson offer....
Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:29 - Aug 4 with 4045 viewswkj

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:28 - Aug 4 by Matt_Netherlands

As much as I want to see him do well and succeed, I do have to agree with you, he should be a squad player for us and he quite openly said he would do that last season.

Wonder if he fancies a move up to Accrington to sweeten the Jackson offer....

If Waghorn goes, we need to be looking for better than Jackson, he is a decent player, but even with money to burn spending 2.5m on him would be a colossal gamble, I think there are better prospects for that money.

Crybaby

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:31 - Aug 4 with 4017 viewsMrTown

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:24 - Aug 4 by BLUEBEAT

Dont be naive, the reality is over 90 minutes on a consistent basis, the reality is he isn't good enough.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:33 - Aug 4 with 3972 viewshomer_123

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:31 - Aug 4 by MrTown

Dont be naive, the reality is over 90 minutes on a consistent basis, the reality is he isn't good enough.

And yet, over 90 mins, he was arguably better than 3 of the 4 debutants.

I'd be happy to see Sears replaced but not with another untried player at this level.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:33 - Aug 4 with 3974 viewsMrTown

Must say I thought Skuse was appalling in the advanced role, he is a sweeper midfielder but on todays assessment he is second behind Chalobah, put it into perspective, in a more advanced central midfield role... would you rather Skuse or Nolan, Skuse or Bishop, Skuse or Dozzell, Skuse or Huws..... The answer is definitely not Skuse in any of them cases.

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:35 - Aug 4 with 3947 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

He’s a striker who has been played out of position for 3 years.

I feel sorry for the guy.

Would like to see him get picked up by a League 1 side, play centre forward and tear the league up.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:36 - Aug 4 with 3937 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:29 - Aug 4 by wkj

If Waghorn goes, we need to be looking for better than Jackson, he is a decent player, but even with money to burn spending 2.5m on him would be a colossal gamble, I think there are better prospects for that money.

Good point to be fair, without wanting to sound like a certain Mr McCarthy, I'd like to see us invest in someone with some proven championship experience who can hold the ball up, help see out a game, rile defenders and be a clever forward who makes their presence known..... alongside a young and eager striker too. My worry is that proven championship goals are evidently vastly overpriced!!
Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:36 - Aug 4 with 3935 viewswkj

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:35 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

He’s a striker who has been played out of position for 3 years.

I feel sorry for the guy.

Would like to see him get picked up by a League 1 side, play centre forward and tear the league up.

I agree, even under Klug Sears showed he can finish. I just don't think he is a starter. Maybe get him revved up for an out and out striker role again and get him on like Bambam some time used to
[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 19:37]

Crybaby

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:36 - Aug 4 with 3930 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:31 - Aug 4 by MrTown

I love it when people call others naive.

It’s just such a lazy jibe, mainly used by people who struggle to articulate their argument.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:37 - Aug 4 with 3912 viewscobbler

But there is more to a game than one cross,I agree with the OP he offers little and doesn’t involve himself enough .
Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:56 - Aug 4 with 3735 viewsGavTWTD

I thought he had a good game. A few in the chatroom said he was their MoM. Of the 4 strikers we had last season, he's the only one left. Probably. A big ask to bring in 3/4 strikers on a budget.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:57 - Aug 4 with 3732 viewsbluejacko

When Morris came on he did have more of an impact in the short time he got than Freddie did for his time on the pitch.
Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:59 - Aug 4 with 3694 viewsVic

Yes, and I think he’s the same guy that both the last manager and this obviously thinks offers something to the team at the moment. But what do they know? Pah, they only work with him every day whilst we see him for a whole game every week! Of course we know better!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:59 - Aug 4 with 3684 viewsmadmouse1959

Have to say that your observations were not far out. There was one pass from Chalobah that was expecting Sears to run into that space. Yet Sears had not moved.. I could not count the times he actually lost his marker or even got close to having a shot on goal. .
In comparison Harrison gave it 100 % , he deserves someone up there with him who has the same aptitude and menace. He was man of the match for me. He gave everything.

shampoo dave

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 20:00 - Aug 4 with 3676 viewsArnieM

Sad to say I agree with you on this Eddie, we looked more effective up front once Morris came on. I cant see where Freddie will fit in, and he’s work rate, whilst impressive , simply isn’t enough.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 20:00 - Aug 4 with 3673 viewsMrTown

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:36 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

I love it when people call others naive.

It’s just such a lazy jibe, mainly used by people who struggle to articulate their argument.

Its also used by people who can articulate accurate judgement instead of being blind to reality.

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 20:01 - Aug 4 with 3658 viewstractorshark

Sears was better on the wing today than in the middle.
He’s a squad player but, realistically, nothing more.
We need more wide options. A lot of central midfielders now but we still lack a truly creative player (Dozzell has potential, maybe Nolan).
But we are still short on the wings.
Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 20:02 - Aug 4 with 3645 viewsmadmouse1959

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:56 - Aug 4 by GavTWTD

I thought he had a good game. A few in the chatroom said he was their MoM. Of the 4 strikers we had last season, he's the only one left. Probably. A big ask to bring in 3/4 strikers on a budget.

Man of the Match ?

shampoo dave

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 20:03 - Aug 4 with 3618 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 20:00 - Aug 4 by MrTown

Its also used by people who can articulate accurate judgement instead of being blind to reality.

I don’t see anyone being blind to reality.

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 20:16 - Aug 4 with 3515 viewsMrTown

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 20:03 - Aug 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

I don’t see anyone being blind to reality.

Original comment was in response to a cross being used as a pawn for a good performance by Sears, also Gav suggested some thought Sears could have been considered for MOTM..... thats not reality.

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 20:17 - Aug 4 with 3494 viewsPJH

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 20:16 - Aug 4 by MrTown

Original comment was in response to a cross being used as a pawn for a good performance by Sears, also Gav suggested some thought Sears could have been considered for MOTM..... thats not reality.

No, that's opinion.
Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 20:19 - Aug 4 with 3468 viewsBLUEBEAT

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 19:57 - Aug 4 by bluejacko

When Morris came on he did have more of an impact in the short time he got than Freddie did for his time on the pitch.

More to do with a change in formation, I feel.

Or am I being naive again?

Poll: W or W

Can Not Hold Back Any Longer on 20:21 - Aug 4 with 3437 viewsjas0999

For me, Cole Skuse was far worse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024