Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. 21:40 - Aug 4 with 6085 viewsWestSussexBlue

Personally I was really disappointed, the amount of Misplaced passes and poor first touch was not something I expected from a Chelsea loanee.
Hopefully Dozzell is 100% fit soon.
Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 22:02 - Aug 4 with 4512 viewsVic

I thought he was immense. Very, very strong, put in a tackle, good skill levels and a touch of footballing swagger about him. I liked him.

Sure, he put a few passes straight to opposition, but he’s 19! Has had one week with the squad and nothing in a proper match, so it’s to be expected that he’d drop a few ricks.

I’m surprised at the many negatives about him and sometimes wonder if we watched the same game.

Poor old Flyn Downes was far less involved, he seemed to be wandering around calling for the ball, but never getting it. When he did there were as many times as with Chalobah that he passed straight to opposition players. I suspect PH may have noticed this as he was the first player to be tactically subbed.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 22:04 - Aug 4 with 4501 viewsMonkey

I thought he was immense to be honest. Always showing for the ball, taking it off defenders to move forward, good feet, good turns and very strong. He was one of the best players on the pitch.

Yes he misplaced a few passes but everyone did and he wanted the ball so much it’s to be expected. There was a reason he won several free kicks, because Blackburn couldn’t handle him.

Poll: Which division do you honestly think Ipswich will be in next season?

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 22:05 - Aug 4 with 4499 viewsWestSussexBlue

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 22:02 - Aug 4 by Vic

I thought he was immense. Very, very strong, put in a tackle, good skill levels and a touch of footballing swagger about him. I liked him.

Sure, he put a few passes straight to opposition, but he’s 19! Has had one week with the squad and nothing in a proper match, so it’s to be expected that he’d drop a few ricks.

I’m surprised at the many negatives about him and sometimes wonder if we watched the same game.

Poor old Flyn Downes was far less involved, he seemed to be wandering around calling for the ball, but never getting it. When he did there were as many times as with Chalobah that he passed straight to opposition players. I suspect PH may have noticed this as he was the first player to be tactically subbed.

Immense ? Blimey!!
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 19:26]
Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 22:05 - Aug 4 with 4497 viewsxrayspecs

I agree.

Chalobah has so much going for him. I thought that technically he was one of the best players on the pitch, including old street wise veterans Dack and Graham. As he matures, his decision making will improve, that would be my only negative observation on him today.

If he continues to improve, I cam see him running our midfield as the season progresses.

A real quality act.
Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 22:06 - Aug 4 with 4491 viewsKeaneish

Completely agree. At 19 he's going to have a few mistakes in him but thought he was excellent today and showed Skuse in 1 game what he never managed to do in 200, which is how to try and boss the midfield

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 22:09 - Aug 4 with 4461 viewsjas0999

Decent performance in my opinion.
Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 22:12 - Aug 4 with 4439 viewsCurrie10

Mixed from me.

On the +
* Strong as a tank.
* Makes the difficult look a breeze.
* Good postional sense.
* Good in the air/ tackle.
* WILL improve.

On the -
*Sometimes didn't look before passing.... one time almost caused chaos.
* While he makes the difficult easy, when he has time to think and do a simple pass that's when problems start. Gave it away a few times.

Found some of his decision making very questionable.

Reasonable debut though sure - however if Nydam I think I'd be somewhat annoyed not to have played.
Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 22:12 - Aug 4 with 4429 viewsBiGDonnie

He’s more adventurous than Skuse so he probably will lose the ball on occasion. Great in the recovery tackle too.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 22:13 - Aug 4 with 4419 viewsKieran_Knows

He’s going to be the absolute dogs b*llocks for us.

In true Benters style, end of.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 22:13 - Aug 4 with 4418 viewsReuser_is_God

It was his professional debut.

I thought he had a superb game.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 22:14]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 22:41 - Aug 4 with 4305 viewsI_LOVE_GOLLOB

I thought he was excellent for what was his debut, bar a couple of wayward passes he looked very mature in a Pogba-esque way.

Poll: How would you kill a budgie?

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 22:46 - Aug 4 with 4274 viewsSwailsey

Disagree - thought he was very good.

Downes didn’t have a good game for me, but will get better.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 22:46 - Aug 4 with 4275 viewsMelford

There was that short passage of play where he won the ball, performed a Cruyff-esque move and then promptly passed the ball to the Blackburn defence. That's what happens with young players, especially on their debuts. He made a few mistakes but he showed enough that you can see there's genuine talent there, I really liked the look of him.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 22:55 - Aug 4 with 4230 viewsSParnellx

The role Trevoh played today made it harder for him to impress at times. Being the pivot to the two ‘box to box’ central midfielders kept him a bit restrained. It seems like he would suit a 4-2-3-1 better, with Skuse holding alongside him so that he can be the deep-lying playmaker feeding the 3 in front of him.

That said though, I was thoroughly impressed with him today. He seems a step ahead once the ball comes to his feet, like he knows exactly where he’s putting his first touch to find a pass or go past somebody. Sure somethings didn’t quite come off for him and some of the others but when you’re trying to be more expansive that’ll always happen. It will tick the more they play that way
Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 22:55 - Aug 4 with 4229 viewsSwailsey

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 22:46 - Aug 4 by Melford

There was that short passage of play where he won the ball, performed a Cruyff-esque move and then promptly passed the ball to the Blackburn defence. That's what happens with young players, especially on their debuts. He made a few mistakes but he showed enough that you can see there's genuine talent there, I really liked the look of him.

Ha! I was half way through shouting “We have Marado...” before ending it with “..ing hell” when they happened.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 23:07 - Aug 4 with 4193 viewsStewart27

Pretty much on your own on this one buh. I thought he was very good and will improve with time. He’s the kind of player you notice in other teams that you wish was in your own. Actually can’t remember town having a player like him for years?
Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 23:11 - Aug 4 with 4172 viewsElderGrizzly

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 22:13 - Aug 4 by Reuser_is_God

It was his professional debut.

I thought he had a superb game.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 22:14]

Professional debut and as good as no pre-season with us too.

Some posters love to moan....
Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 23:16 - Aug 4 with 4140 viewsBLUEBEAT

Exciting player. Enjoyed pretty much every time him and Edwards got on the ball today.

Poll: W or W

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 23:19 - Aug 4 with 4132 viewsBlueinBrum

Disagree, thought he was great. Couple of loose passes but not sure how you thought his first touch was poor. His positioning was particularly notable.
Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 23:21 - Aug 4 with 4124 viewsMelford

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 22:55 - Aug 4 by Swailsey

Ha! I was half way through shouting “We have Marado...” before ending it with “..ing hell” when they happened.

But the way I think of it is anyone can make a crap pass, the winning the ball and that sublime bit of skill is what I'm focusing on. If he was the finished article he wouldn't be down here on loan.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 23:29 - Aug 4 with 4096 viewsshoopdelang

He was our best player. Dominated the midfield and won’t the ball back so much for us. Also his positioning and finding space to collect the ball from the back really helped us try and play a passing game. I was particularly impressed and surprised ( for a big centre back) his ability to turn quickly on the ball.

He made a few misplaced passes but it’s to be expected. I don’t recall him losing the ball an obscene amount of times so me and you must have watched a completely different game as I really do not understand where you are coming from.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 23:30]
Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 23:29 - Aug 4 with 4095 viewsshoopdelang

He was our best player. Dominated the midfield and won’t the ball back so much for us. Also his positioning and finding space to collect the ball from the back really helped us try and play a passing game. I was particularly impressed and surprised ( for a big centre back) his ability to turn quickly on the ball.

He made a few misplaced passes but it’s to be expected. I don’t recall him losing the ball an obscene amount of times so me and you must have watched a completely different game as I really do not understand where you are coming from.
Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 11:22 - Aug 5 with 3802 viewsCurrie10

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 23:19 - Aug 4 by BlueinBrum

Disagree, thought he was great. Couple of loose passes but not sure how you thought his first touch was poor. His positioning was particularly notable.

He is going to be targeted by other clubs to pinch the ball off if he's playing the deepest at CM.

Very very weird player.

IF he can play further up would be happier!
Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 11:59 - Aug 5 with 3765 viewsITFC_Blood

Some occasions a pass wasn’t misplaced.

It was a good pass but not read by a team mate

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

Chalobah mixed reviews on here.. on 12:01 - Aug 5 with 3759 viewseddiespearitt03

Chalobah is a young raw talent and WILL get better and better. Personally, I have no concerns about this player because when there are better players around him he will prove to be worthy of a team place. On the hand some of our more senior "pro,s" are not doing enough to justify their selection. Having watched the previous seasons under McCarthy it is not difficult to recognize who the weak links are in our team.

I have a good feeling Paul Hurst learned a lot from that game v Blackburn and learned a lot about certain players. For our Championship games we must play our best team from now on and can build a team around some of these talented young players. .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024