Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TLA: RIP 10:37 - Aug 5 with 107891 viewsSwailsey

Hello all,

Lisa has asked for me to pass this very sad news on.

Unfortunately we lost Oz yesterday. By all accounts he wasn’t in any pain or afraid.

I know the messages below were recieved and provided comforted to both him and Lisa.

RIP Oz. I wish we had met sooner than a year ago.

You were a fu*king hero and someone I knew would be a friend for life.

Marc

x

–-

It’s with a very heavy heart that I received a message from TLA’s wife last night saying he is critically ill in hospital at the moment and isn’t conscious. He has been battling health problems for a while it seems.

TLA has been a wonderful (digital and in person) friend to me since meeting him on here and I know he has been supportive of many others on here too.

He recently deleted his profile (I’m unsure of the reasons why - perhaps connected) but I know his wife still reads TWTD, so I’m calling on all of you wonderful people to help make this a thread of love, support and best wishes to them both and their friends and families (this thread has her blessing).

Let’s give him something TWTDesque to read.

Hang in there mate. The world is an immeasurably better place with you in it. Missed you at half time yesterday.

x
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 11:28]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm TONIGHT on 10:52 - Aug 13 with 6634 viewsMJallday

Best wishes and wishing you a speedy recovery from the Hereford branch of TWTD (current members 1) - MJ

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm TONIGHT on 14:08 - Aug 13 with 6550 viewsThrobbe

When I saw this thread for the first time I wasn't quite sure what to add, but thought the fact that TLA had reached out via PM when I was struggling with mental health issues.

It turns out he hadn't so I couldn't say that. Then the more I thought about it, the more I realised the reason I thought he had is that he is genuinely a nice helpful person in his day to day dealings in TWTD. There have been several times when he's posted something that helped me see things more clearly. I suspect that would be doubly true if I met him in real life.

Get well soon chap, we look forward to having you back on board.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm TONIGHT on 14:53 - Aug 13 with 6532 viewsthebluewizzard

Not the most prolific on here as can be seen by my 26 votes, but would like to join in with a hearty “TLA - get well soon”.
Like some of the others I really can’t say I’ve have spoken directly with TLA , but then we may well have as I’ve many an interesting conversation with people and peoples unknown in the queues for beer, fan zone and other such places where queuing is necessary at Portman Road.
*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm TONIGHT on 16:28 - Aug 13 with 6486 viewsBraveDave

I've been following this thread with interest, but have been reluctant to post as I don't know TLA. However, based on the huge response so far, and from what I've read by and about him, he is clearly one helluva guy.

I hope the comments make him realise how much he is clearly loved and respected, and also make his family proud of him (although I suspect they already are). TLA - I hope you continue your fight to recovery, and that you are back on this forum soon. This is going to be a great season, so you need to be a part of that asap. I have my own major health issues, and I am determined to hang in there - hopefully you and I can exchange some really great messages when we win the Championship in May!

Keep battling mate, and look forward to hearing great news about you soon.
*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm TONIGHT on 20:29 - Aug 13 with 6410 viewsStokieBlue

Hope I made it.

Glad you're on the mend TLA, I've never met anyone on here in person but you seem like a great guy - you can judge someone by what others say about them and you've certainly done well on that front.

Maybe I should meet a few people from here at some point, it's only been 20 years after all.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm TONIGHT on 21:26 - Aug 13 with 6365 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Good luck TLA - you are one of the good ones!

Poll: Best Football Song

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm TONIGHT on 21:26 - Aug 13 with 6365 viewsSwailsey

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm TONIGHT on 20:29 - Aug 13 by StokieBlue

Hope I made it.

Glad you're on the mend TLA, I've never met anyone on here in person but you seem like a great guy - you can judge someone by what others say about them and you've certainly done well on that front.

Maybe I should meet a few people from here at some point, it's only been 20 years after all.

SB

Of course :)

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TLA: The get well soon thread on 19:07 - Aug 14 with 6078 viewsRoyKeanesDog

LL sends his best regards too.

Poll: Best Football Song

Login to get fewer ads

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm TONIGHT on 07:09 - Aug 16 with 5774 viewsGlasgowBlue

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm TONIGHT on 21:26 - Aug 13 by Swailsey

Of course :)

Any more updates on Oz mate?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm TONIGHT on 10:38 - Aug 16 with 5738 viewsSwailsey

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm TONIGHT on 07:09 - Aug 16 by GlasgowBlue

Any more updates on Oz mate?

Hey all.

Update from Lisa is that he has had a bit of an infection but he's still hanging in there.

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm TONIGHT on 10:53 - Aug 16 with 5725 viewsPJH

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm TONIGHT on 10:38 - Aug 16 by Swailsey

Hey all.

Update from Lisa is that he has had a bit of an infection but he's still hanging in there.

Keep fighting Oz.

Best wishes to Lisa.
TLA: The get well soon thread on 15:38 - Aug 17 with 5517 viewsScottCandage

Get well soon, bro!
*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm TONIGHT on 16:52 - Aug 17 with 5489 viewshoppy

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm TONIGHT on 10:38 - Aug 16 by Swailsey

Hey all.

Well he needs to hang on in there a hell of a lot more then. Shake that infection off and get yourself back to health Oz... Thank you.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm TONIGHT on 19:34 - Aug 18 with 5268 viewsjeera

Hey all.

Hoping he's receiving the more positive news from Town's exploits.

Everyone is thinking of you Oz.

Get well fella.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2018 19:54]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

*update* TLA - Get Well Soon Thread (final roll call) - 8pm TONIGHT on 05:46 - Aug 19 with 5161 viewsBenters2

Hey all.

Hang in there TLA 👍
TLA: RIP on 12:29 - Aug 19 with 5073 viewsJ4ck22

This is really sad news. I didn't really know him and had only seen a few posts, but he seemed like a really intelligent and caring person and my thoughts are with his family. Rest in peace.
TLA: RIP on 12:29 - Aug 19 with 5075 viewsSwailsey

[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 12:30]

TLA: RIP on 12:31 - Aug 19 with 5070 viewsRyorry

OMG, what terrible, shocking news - my deepest condolences to Lisa, his family, yourself, and other friends, Chris.

R.I.P. TLA

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

TLA: RIP on 12:38 - Aug 19 with 5055 viewsPhilTWTD

So sorry to hear the sad news, Marc. Pass on our condolences.
TLA: RIP on 12:42 - Aug 19 with 5042 viewsBenters2

TLA: RIP on 12:29 - Aug 19 by Swailsey

[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 12:30]

Oh blimey i am so sorry to see this sad news.

RIP TLA.
TLA: RIP on 12:48 - Aug 19 with 5031 viewsnoggin

RIP Oz. Such sad news.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

TLA: RIP on 12:49 - Aug 19 with 5030 viewsTractorCam

RIP TLA, sorry for your loss Chris, Lisa and others who knew him

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

TLA: RIP on 12:56 - Aug 19 with 5009 viewsjeera

How terribly sad. So sorry.

Condolences to Lisa, their families, and all who knew him.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

TLA: RIP on 12:58 - Aug 19 with 5000 viewsbrogansnose

We've lost an absolutely beautiful man. This is so very , very sad.

My condolences and thoughts to Lisa and all his family and friends as well all those who his life touched.
TLA: RIP on 12:59 - Aug 19 with 4992 viewsDarth_Koont

Very sad to hear.

RIP TLA

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024