Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TLA: RIP 10:37 - Aug 5 with 107803 viewsSwailsey

Hello all,

Lisa has asked for me to pass this very sad news on.

Unfortunately we lost Oz yesterday. By all accounts he wasn’t in any pain or afraid.

I know the messages below were recieved and provided comforted to both him and Lisa.

RIP Oz. I wish we had met sooner than a year ago.

You were a fu*king hero and someone I knew would be a friend for life.

Marc

x

–-

It’s with a very heavy heart that I received a message from TLA’s wife last night saying he is critically ill in hospital at the moment and isn’t conscious. He has been battling health problems for a while it seems.

TLA has been a wonderful (digital and in person) friend to me since meeting him on here and I know he has been supportive of many others on here too.

He recently deleted his profile (I’m unsure of the reasons why - perhaps connected) but I know his wife still reads TWTD, so I’m calling on all of you wonderful people to help make this a thread of love, support and best wishes to them both and their friends and families (this thread has her blessing).

Let’s give him something TWTDesque to read.

Hang in there mate. The world is an immeasurably better place with you in it. Missed you at half time yesterday.

x
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 11:28]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TLA: RIP on 23:06 - Aug 19 with 9150 viewsamdam81

TLA: RIP on 15:21 - Aug 19 by NewcyBlue

The only way I can describe Oz is that he was like an older brother.

The most genuine, kind, caring man I have ever met.

The world is a lesser place without him.

My thoughts, best wishes, and love are with you Lisa.

I never new the guy but that's some epitaph

Amdam81

TLA: RIP on 06:14 - Aug 20 with 9041 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Very sad news, RIP TLA

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

TLA: RIP on 09:29 - Aug 20 with 8937 viewsKeno

TLA: RIP on 06:14 - Aug 20 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Very sad news, RIP TLA

Really sadden to read this news.

He seemed a good guy on here.

Some tribute by Newcy

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

TLA: RIP on 09:52 - Aug 20 with 8911 viewscatch74

It’s hard to add to what’s been said, I started stalking this site when I lost my mum and when I plucked up the courage to post something about it the support was so helpful. This place may have some stupid rants and arguments but these are outweighed by the positive support and advice. Having met TLA and now read all these comments it’s obvious he was a huge positive influence to a large number of people, on here and in the real world.
Brilliant that he thought we won 5-0 Paganblue, thoughts with you and all his friends and family. R.I.P Oz.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

TLA: RIP on 11:11 - Aug 20 with 8833 viewsthebluewizzard

So sorry to see this, our thoughts are with Lisa and the family, RIP TLA
TLA: RIP on 11:27 - Aug 20 with 8817 viewsBluebell

I have been in Suffolk for a few days and avoided the forum but certainly didn't expect to read this on my return.

So sorry to read the news. Although I didn't meet Oz I thoroughly enjoyed his posts and reading what others have said he was obviously a great guy.

RIP TLA

My thoughts are with Lisa, their family and friends.
TLA: RIP on 11:48 - Aug 20 with 8760 viewsjaykay

R.I.P. fellow blue.hope you talking football with Sir Bob

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

TLA: RIP on 13:59 - Aug 20 with 8682 viewsEireannach_gorm

Very sad news. Condolences to all who knew and loved him. He will be greatly missed and his online absence will leave a void on this board. Life ( and death ) can be very unfair.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a h'anam.
Login to get fewer ads

TLA: RIP on 15:14 - Aug 20 with 8628 viewsgainsboroughblue

I haven't been around on here for a couple of months or so but I heard this desperately sad news myself this morning.

While being one of my favourite posters on this forum and someone I'd often chew the cud over the test matches with, Oz was also a shining beacon when it came to helping people talk about and manage their mental health, particularly the 12th man project he helped set up.

It's always sad when we lose one of our own, but totally heart breaking when its one of the best.

RIP and COYBS.

xx

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Very sad news. My condolences (n/t) on 16:54 - Aug 20 with 8558 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

TLA: RIP on 17:53 - Aug 20 with 8502 viewsBlueboys_1970

So sorry to read this. R.I.P. Sincere condolences to Lisa, Marc and all that knew and loved TLA.
TLA: RIP on 18:02 - Aug 20 with 8493 viewsPlums

Desperately sad to hear this news, Oz was clearly a bloke who had a big positive impact on those he knew, I count myself unlucky never to have made an acquaintance. RIP

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

TLA: RIP on 19:50 - Aug 20 with 8415 viewsclive_baker

TLA: RIP on 22:27 - Aug 19 by PaganBlue

Thank you all so much for the beautiful messages and your good wishes for me. Oz genuinely was a hero to me and to many, many other people. His passing was very peaceful, and surrounded by friends - about as good as it can get.

I've had to give up our season tickets (for both financial and emotional reasons), but I'm hoping to be back at Portman Road soon and would love to meet up with anyone who wants to raise a glass to him.

He died at about 2.45pm on Saturday. In a very rare lie from me, I had told him earlier that we had the early game and had beaten Villa 5-0. I hope he heard that and didn't recognise it for the complete fabrication it was! I was hoping Town would make good on it, but apparently they have absolutely no sense of occasion.

I don’t know you or Oz, but I’m so saddened to read this. I want to offer my sincerest condolences, he was clearly a wonderful man.

P.s. I think your white lie was perfectly acceptable in the circumstances.

Stay strong and remember the great times you shared.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

TLA: RIP on 20:36 - Aug 20 with 8373 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

TLA: RIP on 12:29 - Aug 19 by Swailsey

[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 12:30]

So sorry to hear the terrible news and my thoughts are with Lisa and Oz’s family and friends that knew him. Didn’t know him personally, but it’s obvious he was a great man judging by the comments posted here. RIP Oz
TLA: RIP on 21:38 - Aug 20 with 8317 viewsSwansea_Blue

Very sorry to hear this. Didn’t know the fella, but he was obviously an absolute gem reading through these comments from those who knew him. Sad to lose a good un and one of our own.

Sincerest condolences to family and friends.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

TLA: RIP on 05:53 - Aug 21 with 8178 viewsbluejake78

Safe journey to a blue heaven.
TLA: RIP on 11:01 - Aug 21 with 8063 viewsHennikerBlu

Sadly I did not know him, but true greats are measured not by their wealth but the impression they leave on humanity and what a tremendous impression he has left.
TLA: RIP on 20:19 - Aug 21 with 7890 viewsipswichoracle

Barely post here anymore, but always reading. Just wanted to add my condolences, really sad to read this news! RIP TLA.
TLA: RIP on 20:30 - Aug 21 with 7876 viewsSwailsey

C’mon town. Let’s get a win for Oz.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TLA: RIP on 12:17 - Aug 23 with 7464 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Very sad to read this.

I hadn't met Oz but we'd exchanged a few messages to each other on here. I was interested in his work on the 12th Man site that he was developing to raise awareness with men's mental health. Hopefully someone will keep working hard on it to make it a success.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

TLA: RIP on 22:21 - Aug 23 with 7305 viewsSwailsey

TLA: RIP on 12:17 - Aug 23 by ThisIsMyUsername

Very sad to read this.

I hadn't met Oz but we'd exchanged a few messages to each other on here. I was interested in his work on the 12th Man site that he was developing to raise awareness with men's mental health. Hopefully someone will keep working hard on it to make it a success.

Amazing how many people he had a positive impact on.

TLA: RIP on 23:11 - Aug 24 with 7103 viewsJ2BLUE

TLA: RIP on 22:21 - Aug 23 by Swailsey

Amazing how many people he had a positive impact on.

I was thinking that last night. We all start on here as faceless strangers with fake names (most of the time) and yet he has had a positive impact on so many and no one has a bad word to say about him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

TLA: RIP on 00:27 - Aug 25 with 7064 viewsParamedic

Not posted on here for a long time. Oz was an all time great. A sad loss to all of us who new him, one of the good guys with so much time and love for all he met. The world is a sadder place without him. RIP buddy. He truly was one of our own.

AllalallalSunderland

TLA: RIP on 07:56 - Aug 25 with 7014 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

TLA: RIP on 12:17 - Aug 23 by ThisIsMyUsername

Very sad to read this.

Seems an appropriate place to put this....
http://12th-man.org.uk
COYB!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

TLA: RIP on 11:33 - Aug 25 with 6965 viewsitfcpaul

Thats really sad news. i must have missed this at the time i feel so sad that i didnt post something as he was an amazing supportuve guy through my toughest times with my wife and her illness. My thoughts are with his family as he was an amazing selfless guy who was thee to help anyone in anyway

hope someone carties in the great work he did into this subject. xx

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024