Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TLA: RIP 10:37 - Aug 5 with 107793 viewsSwailsey

Hello all,

Lisa has asked for me to pass this very sad news on.

Unfortunately we lost Oz yesterday. By all accounts he wasn’t in any pain or afraid.

I know the messages below were recieved and provided comforted to both him and Lisa.

RIP Oz. I wish we had met sooner than a year ago.

You were a fu*king hero and someone I knew would be a friend for life.

Marc

x

–-

It’s with a very heavy heart that I received a message from TLA’s wife last night saying he is critically ill in hospital at the moment and isn’t conscious. He has been battling health problems for a while it seems.

TLA has been a wonderful (digital and in person) friend to me since meeting him on here and I know he has been supportive of many others on here too.

He recently deleted his profile (I’m unsure of the reasons why - perhaps connected) but I know his wife still reads TWTD, so I’m calling on all of you wonderful people to help make this a thread of love, support and best wishes to them both and their friends and families (this thread has her blessing).

Let’s give him something TWTDesque to read.

Hang in there mate. The world is an immeasurably better place with you in it. Missed you at half time yesterday.

x
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 11:28]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:53 - Aug 5 with 7285 viewsGavTWTD

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:42 - Aug 5 by PaganBlue

Hi folks, Lisa, Oz (TLA)'s wife here. Really appreciate all the messages - will go and read them out to him in a minute. For all of those saying he's been kind, supportive and seems like a really good bloke you're completely right - what you see is completely what you get! I know I'm biased, but he is an absolute inspiration of a man. He's been my best friend and hero for 26 years, and from the amount of well wishes and visitors he's had suggests he means a lot to everyone.

He's currently stable but highly critical. They think it's a liver problem which caused huge internal bleeding. They're unable to investigate the cause at the moment as their main concern is keeping him alive.

I'll do my best to keep everyone updated. He's completely sedated but we were able to bring a radio in to his room yesterday to listen to the game. I was with him when we scored after 5 mins and had to apologise to the nurse for shouting so loudly!

That's terrible news. All the best to both of you and hope TLA is back posting soon.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:56 - Aug 5 with 7266 viewsDebsyAngel

Get well soon, TLA - sounds like a lovely, caring man, and I wish you all the best. I wish your wife and family well and so hope you can recover.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:58 - Aug 5 with 7245 viewsBenters2

Oh blimey i am sorry to hear this sad news.

TLA was always very kind to me and we often shared early morning thoughts via pms.

He was always asking about my health and my mums well being.

If his wife is reading this he is a great bloke and i wish you both all the very best.x
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 12:00 - Aug 5 with 7247 viewsBluefish

Terrible news. I met them both at the Middlesbrough game. Lovely people and I hope TLA manages to make a speedy recovery

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 12:17 - Aug 5 with 7208 viewsEireannach_gorm

Sorry to hear that TLA is so unwell. He comes across as a very good person and the world needs caring people. Hope the positive nature of the first game and the well wishes from everyone will lift his spirits and motivate him to get well. Thank you to mrs TLA for updating us and for being the communications conduit. Chin up, our thoughts and best wishes are with you and your husband.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 12:19 - Aug 5 with 7207 viewsNewcyBlue

Hi folks, Lisa, Oz (TLA)'s wife here. Really appreciate all the messages - will go and read them out to him in a minute. For all of those saying he's been kind, supportive and seems like a really good bloke you're completely right - what you see is completely what you get! I know I'm biased, but he is an absolute inspiration of a man. He's been my best friend and hero for 26 years, and from the amount of well wishes and visitors he's had suggests he means a lot to everyone.

He's currently stable but highly critical. They think it's a liver problem which caused huge internal bleeding. They're unable to investigate the cause at the moment as their main concern is keeping him alive.

I'll do my best to keep everyone updated. He's completely sedated but we were able to bring a radio in to his room yesterday to listen to the game. I was with him when we scored after 5 mins and had to apologise to the nurse for shouting so loudly!

Give him a hug from Seb and I please Lisa. He’ll get the real ones when I get home.

You know where I am if I can do anything for you guys.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 12:19 - Aug 5 with 7204 viewswoodbridge_blue

To TLA : I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you but I have often read and respected your comments on this site, you are one of the more measured, rational and sensible posters.

Judging by the wealth of kind comments, there is so much respect and kindness shown towards you and I sincerely hope you can pull through this.

All the very best to you.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 12:20 - Aug 5 with 7201 viewspatrickswell

Get well soon TLA, we’re all thinking of you.
Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:24 - Aug 5 with 7192 viewsFtnfwest

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 12:25 - Aug 5 with 7194 viewsfactual_blue

I hope he recovers. Our thoughts are with him, you and your family.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:26 - Aug 5 with 7187 viewsFtnfwest

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:24 - Aug 5 by Ftnfwest

Thoughts with TLA and family, as you say ‘hang in there’ B***** internet connection! All the very best
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 12:32 - Aug 5 with 7178 viewsHarryfromBath

This is sad news, and I really hope the medics can quickly get to the bottom of whatever it is. I love TLA's name popping up on a thread, as his thoughts so often are gentle, witty and insightful. We need to hear many more of them.

Please pass on my love and support - we are all thinking of him right now and hoping he comes through this episode safely. There are a stack of up-arrows awaiting his next post!

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 12:32 - Aug 5 with 7172 viewsportmanroadblue

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 12:32 - Aug 5 with 7172 viewsHarry_Palmer

I have had the pleasure of meeting TLA once when he kindly offered up a spare ticket for no charge. He is indeed a really nice guy and a thoroughly decent human being, I will be keeping everything crossed for a full and speedy recovery.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 18:04]
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 12:35 - Aug 5 with 7162 viewsSwailsey

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 12:32 - Aug 5 by Harry_Palmer

I have had the pleasure of meeting TLA once when he kindly offered up a spare ticket for no charge. He is indeed a really nice guy and a thoroughly decent human being, I will be keeping everything crossed for a full and speedy recovery.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 18:04]

Sorry, accidental downvote.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 12:42 - Aug 5 with 7141 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

All the very best. Get well soon.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 12:57 - Aug 5 with 7118 viewspointofblue

I'm sorry to hear this, best wishes to TLA and his family.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 13:03 - Aug 5 with 7114 viewslinhdi

We're all rooting for you both. Stay strong.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 13:06 - Aug 5 with 7106 viewsWestSussexBlue

Come on fellow Blue stay strong. Very Best Wishes.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 13:10 - Aug 5 with 7097 viewspickles110564

All the best TLA get better soon
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 13:23 - Aug 5 with 7071 viewsjeera

Best wishes Oz and Lisa.

Hope Oz gets well very soon.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 13:33 - Aug 5 with 7060 viewsDeano69

All the best TLA. Your TWTD family is right there with you dude.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 13:51 - Aug 5 with 7026 viewsStNeotsBlue

Terrible news. Hope he is on the mend and back on his feet soon.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 13:59 - Aug 5 with 7013 viewscatch74

Thoughts and best wishes with you TLA.

I feel like I’m echoing a number of people on here, he has posted sporadically but always worth reading what he said. I was also lucky enough to meet him and as everyone said as decent and nice in real life as you’d imagine from on here.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 14:01 - Aug 5 with 7013 viewshoppy

So sorry to read this awful news - I heard via Newcy as I hadn’t been on here. I’ve had the pleasure of meeting him a few times, and you’re exactly right, one of the best guys you could wish to meet - and I have an awful lot of time for him.

Please do give him our love, and to you as well - from me, KJ and Yasmin.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024