Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TLA: RIP 10:37 - Aug 5 with 107336 viewsSwailsey

Hello all,

Lisa has asked for me to pass this very sad news on.

Unfortunately we lost Oz yesterday. By all accounts he wasn’t in any pain or afraid.

I know the messages below were recieved and provided comforted to both him and Lisa.

RIP Oz. I wish we had met sooner than a year ago.

You were a fu*king hero and someone I knew would be a friend for life.

Marc

x

–-

It’s with a very heavy heart that I received a message from TLA’s wife last night saying he is critically ill in hospital at the moment and isn’t conscious. He has been battling health problems for a while it seems.

TLA has been a wonderful (digital and in person) friend to me since meeting him on here and I know he has been supportive of many others on here too.

He recently deleted his profile (I’m unsure of the reasons why - perhaps connected) but I know his wife still reads TWTD, so I’m calling on all of you wonderful people to help make this a thread of love, support and best wishes to them both and their friends and families (this thread has her blessing).

Let’s give him something TWTDesque to read.

Hang in there mate. The world is an immeasurably better place with you in it. Missed you at half time yesterday.

x
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 11:28]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 22:55 - Aug 7 with 8960 viewsMullet

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 21:33 - Aug 7 by PaganBlue

Hi folks,

It's been lovely reading all the updates to this thread tonight, and I love the idea of the book!

Dolly - your poem was outstanding. Oz is actually quite obsessed with The Wizard of Oz, and who doesn't like the word 'ok'?? You should maybe be in advertising or something...

The only update I have this evening is that there's no change. He's still 'comfortable', still sedated and still critical. Still fighting though!

Hopefully the news of us signing Toto will spur him on. Not sure we can manage a Dorothy, but a tinman or scarecrow is plausible of sorts.

All the best to you both still.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 23:24 - Aug 7 with 8934 viewsPhilTWTD

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 17:47 - Aug 7 by Herbivore

Some news on signings might perk him up, Phil. See what you can rustle up.

I'll see what I can do.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 00:05 - Aug 8 with 8893 viewsRyorry

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 16:20 - Aug 6 by NewcyBlue

How about one of those photo books? Put the avatar of each poster with their post and user name? I’ll pay for it if you have the time to get do it mate?

Just a thought. What do you think?

Happy to chip in towards any expenses.

Keep fighting, TLA!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 08:01 - Aug 8 with 8798 viewsWeWereZombies

Keep going and pull through, TLA, you are one of our best posters and TWTD needs you.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 10:22 - Aug 8 with 8717 viewsDecageBruce

I have never had any interaction with him but, judging by the messages here, he is a top boy and one of our own.

Sending thoughts, best wishes and positive vibes to all concerned.

Keep fighting TLA
TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 13:11 - Aug 8 with 8605 viewsbluelagos

Sorry to read this TLA.

Was hoping to bump into you on match day vs Blackburn. Hopefully will do soon.

BL

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 13:26 - Aug 8 with 8569 viewsSpruceMoose

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 13:11 - Aug 8 by bluelagos

Sorry to read this TLA.

BL

As an aside, nice to see you posting here again BL.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 13:46 - Aug 8 with 8550 viewscatch74

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 13:26 - Aug 8 by SpruceMoose

This

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Login to get fewer ads

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 14:01 - Aug 8 with 8537 viewsSwailsey

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 13:11 - Aug 8 by bluelagos

Sorry to read this TLA.

BL

Yep. Pleasure to meet you as well.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 14:04 - Aug 8 with 8515 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sorry to read this TLA.

BL

Good to see you BL

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 16:52 - Aug 8 with 8428 viewsPlums

Get well soon TLA, there's a whole new Town for you to watch.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 17:21 - Aug 8 with 8414 viewsSwailsey

Update from Lisa:

Oz is still stable, they've decreased his sedation and there is an improvement on yesterday. He's breathing for himself now.

C'mon Oz.

x
[Post edited 9 Aug 2018 10:16]

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 17:53 - Aug 8 with 8360 viewsSpruceMoose

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 17:21 - Aug 8 by Swailsey

Update from Lisa:

Oz is still stable, they've decreased his sedation and there is an improvement on yesterday. He's breathing for himself now.

C'mon Oz.

x

Great news. Thanks for the updates, we are all behind you Oz.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 18:03 - Aug 8 with 8359 viewsjeera

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 13:26 - Aug 8 by SpruceMoose

Absolutely.

2 lots of good news on this thread.

Great to hear Oz is improving and wonderful to see a favourite back here posting.

Both decent gentlemen.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 18:37 - Aug 8 with 8329 viewsfactual_blue

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 17:21 - Aug 8 by Swailsey

Update from Lisa:

C'mon Oz.

x

This what we want to hear.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 19:40 - Aug 8 with 8276 viewsGunnsAirkick

Update from Lisa:

C'mon Oz.

x

Brilliant news, thanks for the update.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 20:08 - Aug 8 with 8232 viewsMullet

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 18:03 - Aug 8 by jeera

Absolutely.

2 lots of good news on this thread.

Great to hear Oz is improving and wonderful to see a favourite back here posting.

Both decent gentlemen.

Cheers mate but I've been all over this place lately.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 20:16 - Aug 8 with 8212 viewsGlasgowBlue

Update from Lisa:

C'mon Oz.

x

Great news. Keep getting stronger Oz.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 20:59 - Aug 8 with 8176 viewshoppy

Update from Lisa:

C'mon Oz.

x

Most excellent news... more of the same tomorrow please.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 07:35 - Aug 9 with 8041 viewsurbanblue

Fantastic to hear he's improving. Although a lot of us on here don't know each other personally we are like a big Online family and I along with everybody else send my best wishes to TLA and his family and friends. Lets hope for a successful and speedy recovery.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 10:14 - Aug 9 with 7969 viewsnorth_stand77

That's great news, thanks for update Chris.

Hopefully won't be too long before he can see 'The Rejuvinated Blues' in action.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 11:20 - Aug 9 with 7925 viewsGuthrum

Update from Lisa:

C'mon Oz.

x

Very positive. Hopefully he's turned the corner.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 23:00 - Aug 9 with 7704 viewsnshearman1

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 11:20 - Aug 9 by Guthrum

Very positive. Hopefully he's turned the corner.

A bit late to this, but glad to hear the more positive news, good luck mate.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 15:27 - Aug 10 with 7549 viewsSwailsey

Keep fighting Oz.

I know these messages are being read to him in his slumber, so if anyone has anything they'd like to say to get through to him, post away.

OZ YOU OWE ME A DRINK AND I NEED YOU TO BUY MY BAND'S NEW RELEASE OTHERWISE NO-ONE WILL.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 15:29]

TLA - One of our own is critically ill: Appreciation Thread/Book on 16:51 - Aug 10 with 7485 viewsVic

Keep on fighting TLA and get yourself back here soon, you are missing so much fun with ITFC

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024