Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TLA: RIP 10:37 - Aug 5 with 107879 viewsSwailsey

Hello all,

Lisa has asked for me to pass this very sad news on.

Unfortunately we lost Oz yesterday. By all accounts he wasn’t in any pain or afraid.

I know the messages below were recieved and provided comforted to both him and Lisa.

RIP Oz. I wish we had met sooner than a year ago.

You were a fu*king hero and someone I knew would be a friend for life.

Marc

x

–-

It’s with a very heavy heart that I received a message from TLA’s wife last night saying he is critically ill in hospital at the moment and isn’t conscious. He has been battling health problems for a while it seems.

TLA has been a wonderful (digital and in person) friend to me since meeting him on here and I know he has been supportive of many others on here too.

He recently deleted his profile (I’m unsure of the reasons why - perhaps connected) but I know his wife still reads TWTD, so I’m calling on all of you wonderful people to help make this a thread of love, support and best wishes to them both and their friends and families (this thread has her blessing).

Let’s give him something TWTDesque to read.

Hang in there mate. The world is an immeasurably better place with you in it. Missed you at half time yesterday.

x
[Post edited 18 Sep 2018 11:28]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 10:39 - Aug 5 with 29579 viewshomer_123

Sorry to hear this, best wishes TLA.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 10:40 - Aug 5 with 29564 viewsTractorCam

Best wishes TLA and family

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 10:40 - Aug 5 with 29553 viewsTractorboy24

Wow, terrible news, hoping for a speedy recovery.
on 10:46 - Aug 5 with 29503 views_

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 10:48 - Aug 5 with 29482 viewsKieran_Knows

Terrible news. All the very best wishes to TLA and his family.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 10:48 - Aug 5 with 29478 viewsRyorry

Oh no - so sorry to hear this - TLA, hang on in there cos this is going to be one of our best seasons ever! Thinking of you and your family, all best, keep going - R.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 10:51 - Aug 5 with 29457 viewsSitfcB

Let’s hope he’s back fighting fit ASAP.

Best wishes to him and his family.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 10:51 - Aug 5 with 29453 viewsDarth_Koont

Damn! Really sorry to hear that — TLA seems a very nice guy.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 10:52 - Aug 5 with 29432 viewsnoggin

Really sorry to hear this sad news.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 10:52 - Aug 5 with 29434 viewsgtsb

Very sad news. A poster who always gave advice and guidance to people in need. Keep fighting TLA. Our thoughts are with you and your family.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 10:54 - Aug 5 with 29419 viewsDanTheMan

Horrible news, but I hope he makes a full recovery.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:00 - Aug 5 with 29341 viewsJ2BLUE

Best wishes to TLA and family. Keep fighting brother.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:03 - Aug 5 with 29332 viewsDubtractor

Sad news. I hope he gets well soon.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:05 - Aug 5 with 29321 viewsSuperfrans

Really sad to hear that. Sending best wishes to his family.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:12 - Aug 5 with 29274 viewsGunnsAirkick

That is dreadful news. When my Dad was ill and I wasn't coping well he messaged me to say he'd gone through similar and offered a lot of support. Being a Norfolk based blue like myself he even offered to meet up for a pint, I haven't got round to it but it just shows what a nice guy he is. I hope he can make a full recovery, they say about the kindness of strangers but through our chats I feel like I know him, hang in there mate.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 11:57]
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:12 - Aug 5 with 29259 viewsHerbivore

Really sad news, TLA always seemed like one of the good guys. Hope he manages to pull through and make a full recovery.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:13 - Aug 5 with 29266 viewsfooters

Awful to hear. Always seemed a great guy. Here's hoping to a speedy recovery, TLA! There'll be plenty of pints waiting for you at FPR when you're back to it.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:16 - Aug 5 with 29243 viewsPJH

That is terrible news.

I have met him and he is one of the very good guys.

Get well soon TLA.

Best wishes to his family at this very difficult time.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:19 - Aug 5 with 29226 viewsbrogansnose

I always considered TLA to be a lovely warm freindly poster and a true gentleman on here. I eventually met up with him in the fanzone last season , albeit all too briefly, and true to say he was a wonderful chap who I'd love to spend more time with.

Hope you pull through TLA and best wishes to your family.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:31 - Aug 5 with 29165 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

Best wishes to TLA and family.
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:36 - Aug 5 with 29139 viewsBent_double

All the best TLA, I really hope you get better soon and we can meet up in Gt Yarmouth for a pint or two.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:36 - Aug 5 with 29130 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Definitely one of the very best on here (doesn't he run a pub, if I remember correctly?) for his kind, supportive words and actions. Sending you a virtual hug Mrs TLA, have some for yourself and pass it on to him!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:42 - Aug 5 with 29105 viewswkj

God TLA needs to pull through this, he will be a massive loss- Proper gent, always insightful

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:42 - Aug 5 with 29128 viewsPaganBlue

Hi folks, Lisa, Oz (TLA)'s wife here. Really appreciate all the messages - will go and read them out to him in a minute. For all of those saying he's been kind, supportive and seems like a really good bloke you're completely right - what you see is completely what you get! I know I'm biased, but he is an absolute inspiration of a man. He's been my best friend and hero for 26 years, and from the amount of well wishes and visitors he's had suggests he means a lot to everyone.

He's currently stable but highly critical. They think it's a liver problem which caused huge internal bleeding. They're unable to investigate the cause at the moment as their main concern is keeping him alive.

I'll do my best to keep everyone updated. He's completely sedated but we were able to bring a radio in to his room yesterday to listen to the game. I was with him when we scored after 5 mins and had to apologise to the nurse for shouting so loudly!
TLA - One of our own is critically ill. on 11:53 - Aug 5 with 29039 viewsITFC_Forever

Get week soon and all the best to TLA!

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024