Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£2m for a pair of Shrews 11:28 - Aug 6 with 7433 viewsHerbivore

Looks an absolute steal to me I have to say. I know there's disappointment about the Waghorn fee but getting these two for under half what we're getting up front for Waghorn looks good business. An out and out striker, a versatile forward and maybe Tilt as well and it'll have been a good summer overall despite the disappointment of Waggy going.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:30 - Aug 6 with 3665 viewsSomethingBlue

I agree with that. Waghorn fee is a touch on the low side but for what we'll be able to add it's fine. Nolan is an absolutely quality operator who will really raise our level; that's the really exciting one for me.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:32 - Aug 6 with 3631 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I have NO IDEA whether these two can step up. But they look very promising.

Having read comments from some who have watched Shrewsbury (not just the play off final), sounds like they both had a very good season last year.

Nolan looks very comfortable on the ball, drives play and can pick a pass.

Havent been this excited about a signing in years.

Well done PH and ME.

Re Waggy... sad to see him go, thanks for the input. Reminds me of when we sold Dyer.... sacrificing a good player for the sake of building a team.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:32 - Aug 6 with 3614 viewsHerbivore

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:30 - Aug 6 by SomethingBlue

I agree with that. Waghorn fee is a touch on the low side but for what we'll be able to add it's fine. Nolan is an absolutely quality operator who will really raise our level; that's the really exciting one for me.

Nolan is one who could really be worth five times what we're paying for him very quickly. He's got a bit of everything and I'm excited to see how he does. Nsiala is a beast and looked more than capable of stepping up every time I watched them last season, I think he could be a really good signing too.

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:34 - Aug 6 with 3577 viewsportmanking

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:32 - Aug 6 by Herbivore

Nolan is one who could really be worth five times what we're paying for him very quickly. He's got a bit of everything and I'm excited to see how he does. Nsiala is a beast and looked more than capable of stepping up every time I watched them last season, I think he could be a really good signing too.

Jury's more so out on Nsiala for me. My concern is that his distribution won't be Championship standard, which might negate his physical qualities. For me, Tilt is the one that offers the right balance between power, pace and ability on the deck.
£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:36 - Aug 6 with 3555 viewsTrequartista

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:32 - Aug 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

I have NO IDEA whether these two can step up. But they look very promising.

Having read comments from some who have watched Shrewsbury (not just the play off final), sounds like they both had a very good season last year.

Nolan looks very comfortable on the ball, drives play and can pick a pass.

Havent been this excited about a signing in years.

Well done PH and ME.

Re Waggy... sad to see him go, thanks for the input. Reminds me of when we sold Dyer.... sacrificing a good player for the sake of building a team.

Nolan and Nsiah come from the rest of the Webster money, so we're still to see what we buy from the Waghorn money

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:36 - Aug 6 with 3539 viewsHerbivore

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:34 - Aug 6 by portmanking

Jury's more so out on Nsiala for me. My concern is that his distribution won't be Championship standard, which might negate his physical qualities. For me, Tilt is the one that offers the right balance between power, pace and ability on the deck.

Nsiala is comfortable enough on the ball based on what I've seen. He's no Maldini but he can play it simply well enough for our system.

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:36 - Aug 6 with 3536 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Im always sceptical when TWTD users claim to have a comprehensive knowledge of Shrewsbury and Blackpool players...

Nsiala looks to be an improvement in what we have, and I am happy to trust PH's judgement over anyone else on these two.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:38 - Aug 6 with 3494 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:36 - Aug 6 by Trequartista

Nolan and Nsiah come from the rest of the Webster money, so we're still to see what we buy from the Waghorn money

I dont give two sh1ts where the money has come from. But I very much doubt we would be buying these two without Waggy leaving, regardless of the Webster money.

I'm happy with this.

Login to get fewer ads

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:40 - Aug 6 with 3476 viewsportmanking

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:36 - Aug 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Im always sceptical when TWTD users claim to have a comprehensive knowledge of Shrewsbury and Blackpool players...

Nsiala looks to be an improvement in what we have, and I am happy to trust PH's judgement over anyone else on these two.

I'd say I've got enough knowledge on the pair to comment on their good and bad attributes, hardly a crime?

Nsiala will certainly help us in both boxes, but he does have a tendency to use the ball as a hot potato. Most Shrews fans would say that his distribution will be what sees him found out at this level. I hope that's not the case of course, but I'm more confident in Nolan taking to the Championship like a duck to water.
£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:41 - Aug 6 with 3455 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:40 - Aug 6 by portmanking

I'd say I've got enough knowledge on the pair to comment on their good and bad attributes, hardly a crime?

Nsiala will certainly help us in both boxes, but he does have a tendency to use the ball as a hot potato. Most Shrews fans would say that his distribution will be what sees him found out at this level. I hope that's not the case of course, but I'm more confident in Nolan taking to the Championship like a duck to water.

If PH is confident that Nsiala has what it takes at our level then thatll do for me.

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:41 - Aug 6 with 3461 viewsHerbivore

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:36 - Aug 6 by Trequartista

We've already spent £2.25m on fees, there isn't another £2m left from the Webster sale.

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:44 - Aug 6 with 3410 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:41 - Aug 6 by Herbivore

We've already spent £2.25m on fees, there isn't another £2m left from the Webster sale.

Good point.

Dont forget the £550k that went to Pompey.

Harrison - £750k

Edwards - £750k

Donacien - £750k

Pompey - £550k

So we made a c.£2.75m profit on Webster, and £2.8m has already gone out of the door.

So I think we can safely say that the Webster money had already gone, and the Waggy deal is funding the Shrews pair.

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:45 - Aug 6 with 3391 viewsportmanking

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:44 - Aug 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Good point.

Dont forget the £550k that went to Pompey.

Harrison - £750k

Edwards - £750k

Donacien - £750k

Pompey - £550k

So we made a c.£2.75m profit on Webster, and £2.8m has already gone out of the door.

So I think we can safely say that the Webster money had already gone, and the Waggy deal is funding the Shrews pair.

You've forgotten the £1m for Ben Knight, £400k FIFA money and £450k for Flores...
£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:47 - Aug 6 with 3369 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:45 - Aug 6 by portmanking

You've forgotten the £1m for Ben Knight, £400k FIFA money and £450k for Flores...

Youve forgotten the £6m annual black hole.

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:50 - Aug 6 with 3332 viewsportmanking

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:47 - Aug 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Youve forgotten the £6m annual black hole.

Which Evans already funds....
£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:50 - Aug 6 with 3321 viewsReuser_is_God

Really excited about Nolan.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:51 - Aug 6 with 3319 viewsVic

They'll have done the sums on Waggy won't they! They'll have worked out that the three (possibly 4) they can bring in with his money will give the team/squad more that Waggie could have done by himself.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:53 - Aug 6 with 3286 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:50 - Aug 6 by portmanking

Which Evans already funds....

...so he's more than entitled to use those funds you mentioned towards the running of the club.

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:55 - Aug 6 with 3256 viewsportmanking

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:53 - Aug 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

...so he's more than entitled to use those funds you mentioned towards the running of the club.

Why? It's money that's been generated from transfers which, according to recent EADT reports, will be given directly to Hurst to rebuild the team.
£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:57 - Aug 6 with 3192 viewsSwansea_Blue

We coped with Tommy Smith for long enough. He couldn't pass wind!

Edit - agree on Tilt though - he looks pretty decent all round.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 12:03]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:58 - Aug 6 with 3203 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:55 - Aug 6 by portmanking

Why? It's money that's been generated from transfers which, according to recent EADT reports, will be given directly to Hurst to rebuild the team.

Oh god, give it a rest. You're not an auditor. ME also said that the business model will not change from recent years. I will go by what I heard ME said rather than something the EADT said.

Happy to disagree!!

ME and PH are doing a good job in this window, and that's fine by me.

Great signings today. Happy days.

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 12:00 - Aug 6 with 3162 viewsportmanking

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 11:58 - Aug 6 by Marshalls_Mullet

Oh god, give it a rest. You're not an auditor. ME also said that the business model will not change from recent years. I will go by what I heard ME said rather than something the EADT said.

Happy to disagree!!

ME and PH are doing a good job in this window, and that's fine by me.

Great signings today. Happy days.

You're not happy to disagree though, are you?

You don't like anyone having a different opinion to you on here.
£2m for a pair of Shrews on 12:01 - Aug 6 with 3153 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 12:00 - Aug 6 by portmanking

You're not happy to disagree though, are you?

You don't like anyone having a different opinion to you on here.

Happy to agree to differ.

Going to have to snub this trail out here, have a good day.

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 12:03 - Aug 6 with 3144 viewsitfcjoe

Really pleased to be getting Nolan in - but there is a hell of a lot more work to do, especially if Garner leaves

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 12:05 - Aug 6 with 3102 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

£2m for a pair of Shrews on 12:03 - Aug 6 by itfcjoe

Really pleased to be getting Nolan in - but there is a hell of a lot more work to do, especially if Garner leaves

I think we'll get Jackson in, and that will be us pretty much done in the transfer market.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024