Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BoJo and Islamaphobia 18:00 - Aug 6 with 25885 viewsHerbivore

The guy is a turd: www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45083275

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 18:16 - Aug 6 with 8504 viewsJ2BLUE

It surprised me when reading Sky News the other night that three European countries have a ban on full face veils. I knew about France. Didn't know about Denmark or Austria.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 18:19 - Aug 6 with 8465 viewsGlasgowBlue

I've said it before. The Tories are in urgent need of an independent inquiry into the number of Islamophobic incidents in the party. It's far too commonplace to dismiss.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 18:25 - Aug 6 with 8464 viewsvapour_trail

He’s a first rate w@nker. Always has been.

However I agree with him that companies should not have to employ someone who insists on covering up their face.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 18:28 - Aug 6 with 8458 viewsJ2BLUE

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 18:25 - Aug 6 by vapour_trail

He’s a first rate w@nker. Always has been.

However I agree with him that companies should not have to employ someone who insists on covering up their face.

Agreed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 18:30 - Aug 6 with 8447 viewsfooters

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 18:19 - Aug 6 by GlasgowBlue

I've said it before. The Tories are in urgent need of an independent inquiry into the number of Islamophobic incidents in the party. It's far too commonplace to dismiss.

Could end up a whitewash like the Tory bullying inquiry after that young activist's suicide. Most are.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 18:43 - Aug 6 with 8365 viewsGlasgowBlue

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 18:30 - Aug 6 by footers

Could end up a whitewash like the Tory bullying inquiry after that young activist's suicide. Most are.

I said independent.

Iron Lion Zion

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 19:18 - Aug 6 with 8325 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

dear oh dear
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 19:20]

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 19:23 - Aug 6 with 8304 viewsHerbivore

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 19:18 - Aug 6 by Jonnosdreadlocks

dear oh dear
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 19:20]

Indeed, really poor from Boris.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 19:33 - Aug 6 with 8263 viewsm14_blue

He knows exactly what he's doing and who he's pandering to.

He also knows that, along with his Brexiteer buddies, he has permanently alienated huge swathes of traditional centrist Tory support. To stay relevant he now has to retain his support from the far right, something which will be difficult since none of his beliefs actually match theirs at all.

The answer? A good old dog whistle every so often to keep them thinking he's 'one of them' and on their side.

A disgusting opportunist who cares nothing for his country or countrymen.
BoJo and Islamaphobia on 19:38 - Aug 6 with 8215 viewsGlasgowBlue

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 19:33 - Aug 6 by m14_blue

He knows exactly what he's doing and who he's pandering to.

He also knows that, along with his Brexiteer buddies, he has permanently alienated huge swathes of traditional centrist Tory support. To stay relevant he now has to retain his support from the far right, something which will be difficult since none of his beliefs actually match theirs at all.

The answer? A good old dog whistle every so often to keep them thinking he's 'one of them' and on their side.

A disgusting opportunist who cares nothing for his country or countrymen.

Even more disappointing is that Theresa May hasn't come out and condemned his comments. He may no longer be part of her cabinet but he's still a very high profile member of the party.

Iron Lion Zion

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 19:40 - Aug 6 with 8238 viewsm14_blue

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 19:38 - Aug 6 by GlasgowBlue

Even more disappointing is that Theresa May hasn't come out and condemned his comments. He may no longer be part of her cabinet but he's still a very high profile member of the party.

Good point.

No way she is strong enough though.
BoJo and Islamaphobia on 21:08 - Aug 6 with 8143 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 19:23 - Aug 6 by Herbivore

Indeed, really poor from Boris.

36 people were murdered by Islamist extremists in the UK in 2017.
You are upset because a man compared a letter box-like garment with a letter box. Islam is a religion not a race you tool.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 21:22 - Aug 6 with 8110 viewsBlueBadger

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 21:08 - Aug 6 by Jonnosdreadlocks

You are upset because a man compared a letter box-like garment with a letter box. Islam is a religion not a race you tool.

'Ít's a religion not a race' is the fog-leaf cop-out of choice for desperate white supremacists seeking to try and justify bigotry.

Essentially, you're trying to be the Bill Clinton by saying 'I did not have racist relations with that religion'..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 21:26 - Aug 6 with 8103 viewsSwansea_Blue

Unacceptable from someone in his position. Mind you, they do look like letterboxes! They’re also associated with the rise of religious fundamentalism do I can see why they’re targeted, albeit wrongly if we’re to be genuinely tolerant of people’s faiths.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 21:29 - Aug 6 with 8073 viewseireblue

Would you prefer the term bigot then?

Can you explain the need to bring up terrorism in a discussion about female clothing?
BoJo and Islamaphobia on 21:30 - Aug 6 with 8068 viewssyntaxerror

So, you agree with what he said?
BoJo and Islamaphobia on 08:49 - Aug 7 with 7905 viewsMugwump

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 21:26 - Aug 6 by Swansea_Blue

Unacceptable from someone in his position. Mind you, they do look like letterboxes! They’re also associated with the rise of religious fundamentalism do I can see why they’re targeted, albeit wrongly if we’re to be genuinely tolerant of people’s faiths.

He stated that he didn’t agree with banning the Burkha.

The letterbox bit is a bit like asking what someone has under their kilt - a bit of a jokey comment.

Although as a prominent person he should be more careful what he says
BoJo and Islamaphobia on 08:59 - Aug 7 with 7885 viewsnoggin

How many of those murders were committed by a woman wearing a burka/niqab?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 09:10 - Aug 7 with 7868 viewsconnorscontract

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 21:22 - Aug 6 by BlueBadger

'Ít's a religion not a race' is the fog-leaf cop-out of choice for desperate white supremacists seeking to try and justify bigotry.

Essentially, you're trying to be the Bill Clinton by saying 'I did not have racist relations with that religion'..

I bet Clinton wishes he'd bought Lewinsky one instead of that dress: it would have made it easy to sneak Monica in and out of the Oval Office without anyone realising it was her.

Although it might be very difficult to "smoke" a "cigar" through a niqab.
BoJo and Islamaphobia on 09:10 - Aug 7 with 7868 viewsBlueDiamond

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 08:59 - Aug 7 by noggin

How many of those murders were committed by a woman wearing a burka/niqab?

The problem is that we really have no way of knowing how many Muslim women are wearing the various outfits out of choice and a personal commitment, and how many are doing what they are told.

A woman was sentenced to death in Iran recently for daring to remove her hijab.

Surely every sane person has to be opposed to the suppression of women, where that is the case?

The trouble is how do we know?
BoJo and Islamaphobia on 09:13 - Aug 7 with 7853 viewsnoggin

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 09:10 - Aug 7 by BlueDiamond

The problem is that we really have no way of knowing how many Muslim women are wearing the various outfits out of choice and a personal commitment, and how many are doing what they are told.

Surely every sane person has to be opposed to the suppression of women, where that is the case?

I agree 100% but Jonno managed to bring Islamic murders into the debate.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 09:56 - Aug 7 with 7816 viewsm14_blue

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 09:10 - Aug 7 by BlueDiamond

Absolutely. That branch of conservative Islam is in many ways a backwards religion.

The rules regarding Burkas, and women in general, are a real obstacle towards successful integration and a truly diverse society.

I'm not sure what the answer is but I do know that it doesn't involve one of the most prominent politicians in the country making fun of them to score points with the lowest common denominator.
BoJo and Islamaphobia on 10:06 - Aug 7 with 7807 viewsBlueDiamond

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 09:56 - Aug 7 by m14_blue

Absolutely. That branch of conservative Islam is in many ways a backwards religion.

The rules regarding Burkas, and women in general, are a real obstacle towards successful integration and a truly diverse society.

I'm not sure what the answer is but I do know that it doesn't involve one of the most prominent politicians in the country making fun of them to score points with the lowest common denominator.

I confess I feel terribly sorry for women I see, covered from head to toe, pushing a pram alongside her husband who is dressed in shorts and a designer t-shirt.

To me that seems fundamentally wrong. The theory is of course that the woman is the temptress and must be covered, which is an incredibly old fashioned and unreformed way of looking at things.

I wish debate could be more open on the whole issue because there is most certainly a debate to be had. Quite rightly Saudi Arabia for example seeks to enforce its own rules about modest dress. It is entitled to do so, however mad it seems to us.

The method of dress is definitely a bar to full integration in my opinion but as I say I would have total respect for women wearing it out of choice. It would make me very angry if they had no choice.
BoJo and Islamaphobia on 13:09 - Aug 7 with 7729 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 10:06 - Aug 7 by BlueDiamond

I confess I feel terribly sorry for women I see, covered from head to toe, pushing a pram alongside her husband who is dressed in shorts and a designer t-shirt.

To me that seems fundamentally wrong. The theory is of course that the woman is the temptress and must be covered, which is an incredibly old fashioned and unreformed way of looking at things.

I wish debate could be more open on the whole issue because there is most certainly a debate to be had. Quite rightly Saudi Arabia for example seeks to enforce its own rules about modest dress. It is entitled to do so, however mad it seems to us.

The method of dress is definitely a bar to full integration in my opinion but as I say I would have total respect for women wearing it out of choice. It would make me very angry if they had no choice.

Careful, you will be labelled a 'white supremacist' or a 'bigot' for daring to have such views by the SJW/Thought police like Bluebadger on this forum.

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 13:18 - Aug 7 with 7691 viewsGlasgowBlue

BoJo and Islamaphobia on 13:09 - Aug 7 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Careful, you will be labelled a 'white supremacist' or a 'bigot' for daring to have such views by the SJW/Thought police like Bluebadger on this forum.

I think he has made a very thoughtful and valid point without feeling the need to offend.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024